2018-05-19 16:57:34

I would like to know if anyone is out there that can do audio described movies that are not currently available.  I have a few requests that I'd like to see.  IF anyone can direct me to these, I'd appreciate it.

1. Spaceballs
2. American Ninja Series
3. The Karate Kid original movies
4. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles  original 3 movies
5. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
6: Major League Movies

Movies I have but don't know where to or how to submit:
1. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
2. Major Payne

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-05-19 19:15:02

I'd also be interested in this. I think that the movie studios would have to give permission though in these cases which is sad since there is a lot of movies that haven't been described. Like Heavy Weights, The Sandlot, The 3 Ninjas movies, Stand By Me, and more. I also heard that blind TV had audio described South Park but I have no idea how they got it or where it’s from. I'd love to be able to listen to that as well! You also sometimes get the second season and on described for TV shows but like with Bob’s Burgers season1 has never been described.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-05-19 20:13:10

Yeah I like the 3 Ninjas movies.  I could probably make a described version of the first movie, since I know it by heart.  I did the same with the two I listed, but I did get some sighted assistance on some parts on both movies.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-05-21 00:36:50

is major pain described? If so, I would really really really love to get it!

2018-05-21 01:21:06

I found a very nice audio described dog.  I couldn't help but save the link for just such a thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCAORZp … p;index=53
Haha big_smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-05-21 12:52:22

@4, I made this described version of Major Payne.   I would be happy to share it  for anyone who wants to download it.   it's narrated by Microsoft Eva, as is my Home Alone 2.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-05-22 01:10:00

@post 5, Lol, I feel bad for the dog.

2018-05-22 02:47:15

Post six. Please please please! Somehow! I would really love to watch it! I haven’t seen it since it was a really known movie back in the 90s!

2018-05-22 04:42:17

Sero use to have the first ninja turtle film from the 90s described.

I saw it listed there last year when I was a member.

As for the others being described, I suppose if you know how subtitles were made you could write descriptive subtitles and use that thing Aprone wrote a while back to read it.

I never did get around to playing with that thing.

I get voiceover on iOS to read the subtitles for me.

Pity there's no such thing as descriptive subtitles.

2018-05-22 14:06:09

Here's dropbox links to the movies.  I'll keep them up for a couple of days.

Major Payne

Home Alone 2

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-05-22 14:26:17

Update, apparently, 3 Ninjas is now described on the iTunes store.  I have a feeling that it's the US release and not the International version.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-05-22 19:31:28

No way! That's awesome! Thanks for the update!!

2018-05-22 22:40:55

Wow bro, how in the world did you get that done??   I just watched major pain. I’m going to start up my computer here in a little bit so that I can download it. I’ll edit this post to let you know once I’ve done thank you so much again!

2018-05-23 05:56:41

To start, I had most the movie memorized, so I was able to fill in about 90% of the description myself.  Where I couldn't fill in the gaps, I had some sighted assistance.

I dropped the video into my digital audio workstation, at the time was Sonar, and  then set up a second audio track.
I, then opened up notepad and created a blank text document.
I changed my NVDA voice to Eva and set the speed at 60 and  pitch at  default, and volume at full.
I, then, lined out of the computer into my interface  into an input I could mute.
Since the interface ddn't send audio to my computer, the sound sources are separate.
I would, then, type out what I wanted NVDA to say on the notepad, each line was a different set of phrases, so if I wanted to say some things in the first line, I'd  type it out, and when I wanted a break before the second line or to break up  a line, I'd put it on the next line of the notepad. so all I had to do was push the down arrow key when I wanted it to talk and say the next set of events.
I would record the voice in segments, and when it was done, just render the MP3, and hazaa.  audio described movie.

I'll be the first to admit it's not anything special.  I just wanted to really see if I could do it.  I tried doing the verbal description myself, but I found that I couldn't bring myself to be as consistent, so I switched to using the screen reader.  There's no excessive breathing,  puffing on the mic, and hissing from the description track, so that helps a lot. 

It took me about a day and a  half to do this movie on a regular 8 hour work day, with breaks, so it wasn't difficult, just tedious.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-05-23 19:08:26

It seems that only the first 3 Ninjas movie was described the other 2 on ITunes aren't sadly.

2018-05-23 21:32:34

Yes, that's why I mentioned that.   I wish they all were, and I wonder what version of the movie it is.    I like the international version better than the US release.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-05-23 21:42:13 (edited by Jeffb 2018-05-23 21:42:55)

I'm not sure what the difference is between the 2 releases. I just watched it last night.

2018-05-25 14:09:00

well there are some changes like the basketball scene, the ninjas lose the game as opposed to winning, but Rocky beats up the bully at the end.

There are some other things like the three "boneheads" as they called themselves, tie up the clerk and fire their guns in the store, plus additional scenes and dialog.

The US release have the Ninjas winning the basketball game.

I can sugggest another good movie that could use description, and it'd fit the theme of this forum.

The movie "The Wizard".  from 1989.  For those who have no idea, it's about a kid who travels with his younger brother, after escaping a caretaking home, to cross the country to join a video game tournament.  Really good movie.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-05-27 22:36:18

This was not the US release then as the Ninjas lose the basketball game and Rocky beats up the bullys at the end. I never saw the Wizard but it sounds like a good movie.

2018-05-28 03:51:47

Oh sweet.  I'm glad to know that.  Yeah the Wizard is an awesome movie, or so I thought it was.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-06-01 00:07:05

Hi.
Well here is 3 ninjas . I'm thinking this is the US version, but it was just added to the movie vault.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-06-01 06:43:06

NO, it's the international version.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel