2018-04-23 19:41:48

Hello,
My friend is setting up a page where one can listen to the first 2 sentences in harry potter and the philosopher's stone in every language to which it has been translated. We are looking for people all around the world who would be willing to record themselves speaking the sentences. We use this format:
(title of the book in your language)
Chapter 1
(chapter title in your language)
then the first paragraph. For example, in english it would be:
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone
— CHAPTER ONE
The Boy Who Lived
Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you’d expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn’t hold with such nonsense.

Please use the "official" text in your language, and do not translate it from the english above. If you do not have the official text, write it here and we will get it for you. We want recordings of all official texts of that paragraph. You can see what we have so far at:
https://www.alltheprettybooks.net/harry … that-lived

Thanks!

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2018-04-23 21:37:14

Hi, I'd be happy to record the Croatian version. What exactly do you need me to do?

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-04-24 04:59:36

uh, what's the point of  doing that?

Often we have no time for our friends, but all the time in the world for our enemies.

2018-04-24 15:44:56

hello,
I will be happy to record the Indonesian version too

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2018-04-24 15:57:48

All you need to do, is record the text in your language and send me the mp3. Please do it in your own voice and not with a speech synthesizer, also tell me how you wish to be credited on the website (or if you don't want your name associated with it, we can do that too) For croatian, I could not write the accent marks on my computer, so I put an apostrophe (') next to each letter that has an accent mark.

Croatian:
Harry Potter i Kamen mudraca
Djecak Koji Je Ostao Ziv

Godpodin i gospoda Dursley, iz Kalinina prilaza boj c’etiri, bili su ponosni s’to su normalni ljudi da ne mogu biti normalniji I jos’ bi vam zahvalili
na komplimentu ako biste im to rekli. Od njih ne biste nikad oc’ekivali da budu upleteni u nes’to c’udnovato ili tajovito, jer jednostavno nisu trpjeli
takve besmislice.

Indonesian:
Harry Potter dan batu bertuah
BAB SATU
Pemuda yang hidup
Bpk dan nyonya. Dursley, nomor empat, bunga-bunga kecil putih
mengendarai, bangga mengatakan bahwa mereka dengan sempurna normal,
terima kasih banyak. mereka adalah orang orang lama yang mengharapkan
untuk menjadi orang yang bersangkutan di apa saja aneh atau gaib, karena
mereka hanya tidak setuju dengan demikian igauan belaka.

thank you!

Feel free to add me.

2018-04-24 15:58:56

Angarag and the reason we are doing is is so people all around the world can hear the text in their language, to have 1 text where we can show off many languages. Would you do one for mongolian?

Feel free to add me.

2018-04-24 17:22:59

I'd be happy to do this in Icelandic. I just need the text.

2018-04-24 17:29:18

icelandic is weird. we have one as a placeholder, but we're technically not allowed to use it, so we need a new one. I only have pic of that one, but I have this audio, maybe you can do it from this?:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqjyyakus1pva … c.mp3?dl=1
thanks!

Feel free to add me.

2018-04-24 18:27:47

Okay, I've emailed you my recording.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-04-24 19:40:04

hey... can you try again? with a different e-mail? I didn't realise my e-mail in the forum was wrong. my real e-mail is:
[email protected]
the one in the forum must be old. sorry about that!

Feel free to add me.

2018-04-25 20:57:25

You are not allowed to use that icelandic audio clip. It is from the audio book library here in Iceland and is only for users with an account. But I'll send you a recording of me once I get myself a new mic.

2018-04-25 23:14:25

Thank you. We did not know that when we uploaded the icelandic audio clip. Someone sent it to us. So thank you for telling us.
Could you please send us one when you can so we have something to replace it with? Thanks!

Feel free to add me.

2018-04-26 11:52:35

Will do it as soon as I can.