Sure I can, I just don't know if it would be worth my time.

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up

If I were you right now, i’d have a look through SBP code, find all the mistakes you made, and learn from them. If you choos to make another side scroller FPS, you’ll know where you fucked up, and be able to improve. Don’t rush things. If you start work on another game, remember, you’ve got all the time in the world. As long as you don’t announce anything publicly, then no one will be waiting on you for anything, and so there’s no need to rush. The less time you’ve spent coding and /or testing something, the more full of bugs it will be. I’m only guessing, but what I think probably happened was, you were making SBP, you just wanted to get this game out there, you spent very little time testing stuff, and probably didn’t have a beta team at that point. When you finally released the game, you were thousands of bug reports and ideas, and it was like fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck this thing is thing is full of bugs and there’s soooooo much stuff that needs changing and adding and aaaaaaaa. A few months later, you just thaught fuck it, this thing is full of bugs, it’s so broken, and there’s so many people who want me to keep updating it and look, game discontinued, you can all have refunds for your keys. Next day, noooooooooo what the fuck did I just doooooooo. If you make another game like sbp, don’t make the same mistakes again. From my time playing sbyw, it seems a lot like sbp, but with the weapons and shit ripped out. Sbyw should serve as a good example of what you can do when you put your mind to it. Also let me just mention that i’ve been suffering from  depression for a few years now, so I know what it’s like when you’re stressed out about something, and it just feels like everyone and everything is out to get you for one reason or another. At the moment i’m making a game similar to this one, and when things just seem hopeless, I try to  imagine in my mind’s eye what the game will be like when it’s released, people playing the game, the bugs being quite miner and not too hard to fix, since nothing is bug free, and things generally going quite nicely. And then I think, right, this is what I want the game to be, now let’s put the work in. And in the end it works. So just think about that, and I hope I can be of some help to you with whatever games you choose to make in the future, online or not.

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42.

Thumbs up +1

Actually, very similar. But I sat down just now for a bit and tried to get it into a playable state, and I think I've succeeded. I put the version up.

Thumbs up

@post 19 I don't even think we can talk about opensource with UP.

If you want to get in touch with me you can follow me on Twitter
have a nice day.
Paul

Thumbs up

No. Definitely not.

Thumbs up

BTW, you could add a kind of sintax for placing enemies on the map even while online

If you want to get in touch with me you can follow me on Twitter
have a nice day.
Paul

Thumbs up

@DarfVader: Very well said. Big thumbs up man...

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up

are we still doing custom servers, or are we on a central server again. if we're custom servers, is the CPU thing fixed?

one day, i will host a road to rage server...
one day, i will have a website with games i learned to code

Thumbs up

Hi.
I'm sorry for my complaint, but...
First, the server application got released, allowing us to host our own servers. That was mainly because the central server was down, and the game was discontinued anyway. Then, people started to host their servers, and they got added to the server list in the game. Now, the new version has been released, and the server application has been removed again, and we are all back to the central server only. Mason: Please choose your direction instead of pissing people off by constantly changing your mind on what to do. What's wrong by having a central server, and letting people host their own servers as well? Of course that's up to you. I'm just glad I didn't waisted my time on setting up a server...
Yes, I could just use the older version and set up a server, but I see no reason for doing that, when the new version doesn't come with the server application.
I don't know why, but the game crashed on me twice, so I had to kill it from the task manager when playing on the central server.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

Thumbs up +1

60 (edited by monkey999 2018-04-22 19:37:43)

right SLJ

Sorry for my very stupit spelling and english

Thumbs up

hello guys
i allso got a sbp server up for you
server: 162.243.172.66
port: 19217
it's up 24/24 hr, i hope you injoy

Thumbs up

Hi.
Sounds great. But, the server application won't properly be updated, since Mason have decided to remove it from the newer updates. But then, we must just get what we can get... smile
Would you mind uploading the older version which includes the server application? I did the very bad mistake and removed the older version, since the announcement of the newest version didn't clearly said the server was removed...

Best regards SLJ.

Thumbs up

Here is the old version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfujab5cflyki … 0.zip?dl=0

Thumbs up

Thank you, but it says the file is no longer available. Would you try to upload it again, or use sendspace.com?

Best regards SLJ.

Thumbs up

Ok, sorry for this stupid dropbox link here is the working send space link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/cex9gc

Thumbs up +1

Thank you, big time...
Am I right that there's only one map in the game?

Best regards SLJ.

Thumbs up

Yes

Thumbs up

i have a question, I understand that scrolling battles can be modded and new characters and enemies created? If so, how extensive can the modding be? if I wanted, and had the sounds, which I do have lots of sounds and can get more, could I make or mod scrolling battles into a dragonball z battles game? or scrolling battles dbz?

Thumbs up

No that is SBRW bcroling battles rewrite

Thumbs up

hi.
i was wondering if anyone had the old client with server? Monkey's db link is broken.

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42.

Thumbs up