2018-04-18 21:51:59 (edited by masonian 2018-04-21 09:13:41)

Hi,

So since a bunch of people recently took interest in this, here is the offline beta of SBP.

[http://darkflier.com/projects.php

I have also put up the SBP online and a server program, since so many people wanted it.

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

2018-04-19 00:22:11

Nice, will check it out later if I have time.
Still kind of wish online play was possible, but hey, it is what it is, and it’s a step in the right direction.

2018-04-19 01:30:18

As I said in the last topic, online play in that version didn't really work correctly.

2018-04-19 04:16:16

uh, and whatever happened to the scrolling battles your world?

Thumbs up

2018-04-19 04:46:19

Mason’s VPS provider fucked up, that’s probably why darkflier is on JC hosting now.

2018-04-19 14:03:01

Hey Mason, I do have a question for ya man, would be kind of fun to have our own servers for this thingy. Is that possable? Or no. Just asking. Thanks.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2018-04-19 15:00:56

Wow, guess i’m not the only one?

2018-04-19 17:32:47

Hi Mason,
Thanks for bringing back the offline mode, although wondering how it differs from version 1.00 that I have from whenever that thing was released.

Thumbs up

2018-04-19 17:33:04

I want server to.

Sorry for my very stupit spelling and english

Thumbs up

2018-04-19 20:06:34

@Aaron, lots of bug fixes, mines and more. Go grab it.

2018-04-19 23:06:57

Is this the same as scrolling battles rewrite?

I confess I've got a little lost with all the versions of this game scrolling battles pro, the onlline scrolling battles your world, the original scrolling battles etc, though I'd like to update the database with the latest version and information, although whether that means writing a separate page from the initial scrolling battles page for a sequel or alternative version of the game, or whether that just means updating the existing scrolling battles page with more information I'm not sure, ----  any advice would be very welcome here.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Thumbs up

2018-04-20 03:57:02

Hi,

My vps provider has fixed thingies, so the beta is on http://darkflier.com/projects.php and SBYW is back up. There won't be any server for SBP released, sorry guys.

@Dark, there were a lot of Scrolling Battles variations, it was like a series. Unfortunately I don't have all of them posted somewhere.

2018-04-20 06:32:26

Hey Mason!

This game work with Jaws18 right? When I open the game I can hear the music. Other than that I couldn't do anything.

Thanks!!!!

Thumbs up

2018-04-20 06:38:33

It should, yeah.

2018-04-20 08:51:50

oh It seems I forgot my password and just cannot get back in. mmm what to do in that case?

Thumbs up

2018-04-20 10:20:23

@Mason, its not necessary to know about all" the scrolling battles games and versions, just which are perhaps different games and need db pages.
The current page for scrolling battles has the download link for rewrite and information on that game since its the one I played. If this version, Sb pro has significant enough gameplay differences to count as a separate game I'm happy to make a new database page for it detailing those differences, but it would be helpful to  a bit more about the game and what has been added or changed in pro, not to mention any other sb versions which you think might be separate enough games to require their own db pages aside from the original scrolling battles.

Also, remember that the audiogames archive is great for hosting files if people are having trouble. They have a few versions of scrolling battles but what is what with those I'm again not sure since I've not followed all the twists and turns of development.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Thumbs up

2018-04-20 22:31:15

Hello mason,
can you please reduce the number of items in the map, or remove the item spawners.
because, there are so many items in the map, and this make the game very easy after some time.
also, why are some of the enemies doesn't shoot you at all?

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

Thumbs up

2018-04-21 00:12:59

I disagree. After you’ve had to survive with almost no items in the beginning, bearly any health, you’ve earned the right to a nice easy game.
@dark, you might want to give the sb games a try if you have the chance, that is, all the ones on the audiogames archive, plus the open source projects, plus sbrw and sbp which can all be found on www.darkflier.com/projects, not to mention SBYW. And yes, they are all completely different games, and deserve there own db pages at least in my apinion.
@mason, I think it would be cool if you put the offline SBP in github, hopefully then people such as myself could help keep it updated, add new things and fix bugs. Also, are you planning on releasing anymore updates? If the answer is no, it might be worth selling the game to someone else, or open source it like you did the first sb so it doesn’t get left completely in the dirt.

2018-04-21 04:01:24

After what happened to UP, I'm very hesitant to open source anything. Besides, I do plan to update it some, if I can. Would be interesting.

2018-04-21 05:49:06

DarfVader wrote:

I disagree. After you’ve had to survive with almost no items in the beginning, bearly any health, you’ve earned the right to a nice easy game.
@dark, you might want to give the sb games a try if you have the chance, that is, all the ones on the audiogames archive, plus the open source projects, plus sbrw and sbp which can all be found on www.darkflier.com/projects, not to mention SBYW. And yes, they are all completely different games, and deserve there own db pages at least in my apinion.
@mason, I think it would be cool if you put the offline SBP in github, hopefully then people such as myself could help keep it updated, add new things and fix bugs. Also, are you planning on releasing anymore updates? If the answer is no, it might be worth selling the game to someone else, or open source it like you did the first sb so it doesn’t get left completely in the dirt.

Hello.
I'm not gonna say that I am a good gamer, no not at all.
but, if you play the game just for a few minutes, you have so many items that killing you by your enemies become impossible.
and it will make the game very easy in my oppinion, and reduce it's challenges.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

Thumbs up

2018-04-21 07:22:48

How about difficulty levels? If you want lots of items, play on easy, if not, play a higher one?

2018-04-21 09:14:25

Hi,

OK so what the heck, I compiled the SBP online code and threw it up. Link is in post 1.

2018-04-21 09:15:17

Hello.
Having a difficulty level is a great idea!

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

Thumbs up

2018-04-21 09:31:06

Reposted the online zip with a way to become a dev for server administration.

2018-04-21 09:50:51

Hi mason, is there a way to shut down the server?
just now, i ran the server and forwarded the port with the port forwarder you made, and my CPU was like at 100 percent.
and the specs of this computer is not that bad, i have a quad core CPU at 2.4 GHZ... and 8 gb ram.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.