2008-08-14 17:02:27

Hi,
Here, we can discuss viruses that act weird, in that, things that might pretend to be something that they're not. For example, the latest one i had to deal with was a thing calling itself anti virus 2009 pro, and it was one that my dad dealt with, since he was the one that saw it not me.

2008-08-14 18:12:15

Hmmm. Once I connected my pen drive to retrieve a text file containing some info, I instead of selecting the pendriv I picked network. The windows live login dialog has opened, and in the username it was written: "trojan horse" this was funny, and wierd. at the same time my antivirus has displayed a warning about a virus on my pen drive in the folder recycled. Avast! always plays a scary siren saying "warning! virus detected or something similar" but it didn't done that, and I didn't knew the dialog popped up. I was relaxed however, this siren always makes my hard go faster and I always panic. this may not be wierd I know. I had however A strange issue 2 years a go, if I kept my pc idle with the internet working and skype opened, 10 or more minutes later a virus was found.
OO! I can't forgot that  birthday in 2006, A good party with music and such.
we wer dancing, eating goodies, and having fun with my sister and my friend. My mum asked me to open skype in case our ant decides to call.
well I done that. Gosh! Music and stuff. My friend Said that I could go check for cheats for 1 game, and then I could join him playing. Well we went up stairs, and avast! Was sitting here with the warning dialog opened. Or one day It happened durring a discussion on skype with my friend. I can remenber me screaming at the mic, "o my! I've got a virus!"
or I think I have a virus on my cd with drivers for my modem, and When I warned the man who was preparing my rooter, he replied that avast! likes to do mistakes. So one of these stories might be a faqe.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2008-08-14 19:26:54

once I had a virus that didn't do anything for a while then as I'm using internet explorer, someone signs in on MSN and the pitch of all of the sounds coming out of the speakers get higher than usual

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2008-08-14 20:38:08

wow, that really was wierd, though I had a similar issue, it wasn't a virus, but. Once I was driving on topspeed. from sudden my car's pitch gone twice as normal, and i thought that I got a boost or something. but the copilots voice raised in pitch too! The menues got higher, and my screen reader did!
Thanks for the reboot possibility, I fixed it. Or on one of our computers at scool, all sounds are higher in pitch! and they never lower. I only though, Heard the start, and the shutdown. I didn't heard the screen reader.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2008-08-15 12:26:03

i want an mp3 sample of that virus siren thingy, and also, once i was on top speed and the pitch of the sound that you hear on asfault went really low, and then i exited and hal sounded like, all low pitched and the guy on skype hwo i was talking to sounded low as well. i hung up the skype call and then everything went back to normal.

2008-08-16 08:34:24

that is a soundcard issue, i also have it, though it didn't drop by all that much.

2008-08-16 08:48:38

When I was at college they had FSecure set up as their virus scanner, and at one point it declared just about every Word document you opened as having a virus even when you knew full well it was clean.

Also half the stuff people blame on viruses are likely to just be other issues, not saying anyone here has but less technical people do it all the time.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.