2018-03-30 09:05:01

Hello!
I had 2 topics "Questions about England" and "Questions about America."
I decided to create one topic.
Briefly about the essence:
I choose the country for life. I can work remotely, for this reason, no matter where I live. I'm looking for a country not for work but for living. Why? I do not like much in my country and I feel that I'm a stranger here.
I have looked at many countries, now I choose between England and America.
I created this topic not because I want you to make my decision for me, I just want to hear your opinion, advice and comments.
There is no ideal place for everyone, there is an ideal place for a certain person. There is an ideal place for me, for you, but not for everyone at once!
I am familiar with the person who chose the country in this way. He made a list of wishes and expectations from the country, took any country he wanted to move to, and considered every item from the list in this country. Is there or not, made a final conclusion about the country.
I decided to make such a list. I have not yet made the final version, but that's what I have. I want to listen to your comments and advice.
What do I expect from the country to which I will move.
Each item has an "importance level" parameter. It will have one of two options for each list item. Important and desirable.
For this post I wrote a comment to each item on the list.
Here is the list:
Large population - desirable
I don't mean a large population in the country, I mean the absence of cities with a small population.
Good ecology - Important
Very important is the purity of the air, this can be attributed to the level of vegetation. Parks, forests, etc.
Products - Important
I mean, that in the country there was a good assortment of products.
High-quality police work - Important
I mean that the police, except for threats to life and health, also work well with small offenses. Also worked qualitatively.
Few corruption - Important
Corruption can not be completely absent, but I think there is a level of corruption.
Little discrimination against people with disabilities - Important
In my country, I can not be a voice akter, just because I'm blind. I do not want to have this in my country.
Friendly population - Important
Is it good to live if the majority treats you badly? I do not mean specifically to me, but to everyone.
Conditions for the blind and visually impaired - Important
I mean sound traffic lights, availability of services, etc. You know better than I know what I'm talking about.
Good public transport development - desirable
Quality food - Important
I heard that in America many products add sugar. I would like to have fast food, but I would like to have quality fruits, vegetables, meat.
Quality medicine - Important
In America, medicine is expensive, and I heard that it is not of high quality. In Britain, I can get quality medical care, but I have to wait.
Good business conditions - desirable
Additional items:
About children
Parenting
Mentality
I will be glad to hear your opinions.
Thank you all!

2018-03-30 11:02:06

Jonickster, I've just looked through every topic you've created in your time on the forum.
Out of 110 topics,  were  16 with this very same question "which country should I choose" and that is not counting times you've mentioned  elsewhere in other topics, indeed at a rough guess you've probably written 60 posts on the subject.

I don't think there is much else that myself, or others from England, America or anywhere else can say that we haven't said before.,

Asking the same question over and over and over again is not going to get you to England, or America or anywhere else,  The only place it is! going to get you is on everyone's nerves.

Rather than spending your time sitting around, looking up information and asking for yet more opinions, why not actually go and either find a job or a university course in another country and live there for a bit and see how you find it, because in the end that is the only  way you'll truly know.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-30 11:54:15

Dark wrote:

Jonickster, I've just looked through every topic you've created in your time on the forum.
Out of 110 topics,  were  this very same question "which country should I choose" and that is not counting times you've mentioned  elsewhere in other topics, indeed at a rough guess you've probably written 60 posts on the subject.

I don't think there is much else that myself, or others from England, America or anywhere else can say that we haven't said before.,

Asking the same question over and over and over again is not going to get you to England, or America or anywhere else,  The only place it is! going to get you is on everyone's nerves.

Rather than spending your time sitting around, looking up information and asking for yet more opinions, why not actually go and either find a job or a university course in another country and live there for a bit and see how you find it, because in the end that is the only  way you'll truly know.

I agree with Dark.
While I personally didn't participate in any of your topics asking about the same thing over and over, I can tell you that I find it getting on my nerves a bit, smile.
Of course I wish you the best of luck with what country you want to move in, if it is US or UK or anywhere, but asking the same question over and over and creating topics about the same  thing over and over will not lead you anywhere.
Like Dark and so many others have already said on those topics you created, the only way you gonna find out if you like a country or not is by living in it for sometime.
As an example, I can tell you I got a better idea about Dubai when I went there just for a week, but it's just me, and you may need longer time if you want to move to a country permanently.
Like I said, I wish you the best with whatever you're planning to do, and I hope you don't get me wrong, I am just trying to help.

2018-03-30 12:56:05

Jonikster it's definitely time to stop just talking about it and start actually doing something in the real world related to emigrating. If you're the sort that needs to know every little detail about a thing before you'll put a toe in the water, then there's no way you're going to make a leap as large as emigrating alone as a blind person to a country with a completely different culture. It seems like you just enjoy toying with the idea in your head. It's time to put up or shut up because you're starting to come in for a bit of pisstaking now and I don't like seeing that.

2018-03-30 17:09:07

Oh, come on man, now, this is getting a bit ridiculous. It's not just this topic, but every topic where you waffle back and forth over the simplest things and especially all the language questions in the dev room, its just getting annoying. I'm not even gonna try to explain the many ways in which this topic is just wrong. I mean, dude, I just... countries are large, the US, for instance, is very large, has states, those states have their own laws, have their own problems, have their own imperfections. Canada, it has provinces, the US's states, and Canada's provinces while independent in some way, are both bound to federal laws. So, these qualifications you have might not be the same from place to place, even in the same country. This isn't Europe, where you can drive from England to France, to Germany, to Italy, etc. Sure, you can drive across the united states, but it would take you at least a day and a half. Even though England is an island, they have that tunnel that connects them to France, and you drive onto this train which takes you across. I've seen them do it on Top Gear. That's how they get across the channel.

Anyway, I personally think you're a bit of a leech, you barely contribute, and then you just always ask questions, silly questions at that all the time. It's you you you you you all about you. Oh, I know you've responded to people before, but mostly, you don't contribute, you don't add to the discussion, you don't do anything but leech off of us and act annoying.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-30 18:04:33

Moderation!

Ironcross, reminders to someone  that they're crossing a line are one thing, but calling someone a "leach" and saying "you don't contribute to the discussion" is    quite another.

The  line between admonition and insult is sometimes a bit hazy, but in post five you definitely stepped across it I think.

You have received at least two other warnings about over  reaction and personal attacks  on the forum before. In fairness I don't think your intention here is actually spiteful, directly malicious or intended to cause harm, , but  when your making remarks like theabove its hard to tell the difference.

As such this is your last and final warning, so please take note.

Remember that what might be blunt spoken remarks off line in a conversation, can come across as insulting when all we have to go on is text. Also, even if your annoyed at someone, how you express that annoyance can make a huge  difference especially when we just have text to go on. There is after all a huge difference in saying "constantly asking questions without providing answers is likely  get on everyone's nerves"

and

Ironcross wrote:

mostly, you don't contribute, you don't add to the discussion, you don't do anything but leech off of us and act annoying.

Okay moderation hat coming off oww.

@Master chief, I realized I missed a word out in my above post which you mentioned. There were actually 16 topics I think of Jonickster's where he previously raised the question of which country to live in and received a lot of feedback, but i missed the actual number due to the magical keyboard gnome suddenly handing me a huge bag of gnomish gold which I had to grab at that moment for the good of everyone, ----- and not because I happened to miss the damn thing out myself due  word displacement disorder big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-30 20:44:42

No, not harm, just express my, and seemingly others' annoyance with the issue. I tend to have a big mouth, no tact, etc.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-31 01:03:18 (edited by turtlepower17 2018-03-31 01:19:14)

While I do think Ironcross's post could have been a bit more tactfully worded, there are times when someone needs to be introduced to the chair leg of truth, as a favorite blogger of mine often says. In this instance, I strongly feel that this is what happened. The constant stream of topics from this person about essentially the same subject are really getting old, and, while I realize that we can simply not click on a topic if we think it won't be interesting, there really is a fine line that shouldn't be crossed when it comes to these sorts of issues. Asking for help is one thing. Hell, I wish that it was more culturally acceptable to do that. Given the fact that this forum is one of the most open I've seen in terms of responses to very sensitive topics, I have a huge respect for the way that it's run, and I always have felt that way. However, there's asking for help, and then there's abusing that help, and I feel like that's what's going on here. I feel I need to speak up about this, because I don't like this community being taken advantage of.

I know what it's like to want to know every little detail of something before I go through with it, but sometimes, there are factors that you cannot prepare for, and you have to allow a certain amount of wiggle room for this to be the case. Soothing your anxieties with constant reassurances, while this is certainly an understandable reaction, can quickly go from being a much-needed safety precaution to being an excuse not to do the thing you want so badly. Of course, there can be circumstances which prevent you from having what you want in the moment, and that is truly one of the most frustrating things we have to deal with in our lives. I don't know what will help in this case, since everyone is different, but I do know that achieving the goal you want to accomplish in the end will change your perspective on things. What won't help, however, is constantly comparing what you have to what others have. It's nice to dream about a better life, but once you get wrapped up in what everyone else has that you can't, it manifests itself in desperate behavior, much like what has been displayed in this constant barrage of posts.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-03-31 20:53:01

@dark I can't help but agree with ironcross here. I wouldn't have worded my post as harshly if I was responding, but I can't disagree. I honestly haven't seen a topic or post of his where he actually contributed something. I don't say that to offend, but that's just my opinion. For all I know, he could be contributing things and I just have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, but so far I haven't seen anything. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. He keeps making posts about the same thing, "Please tell me things about America/England," when he could be asking more specific questions like, "What are the immigration processes in America/England, what do I have to do to get in? What things are generally unacceptable in these countries?" That last one was a bit broad, but I think you get my point.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-03-31 21:07:50

Here's the thing though, other people have told him to chill and he hasn't, so how do we get him to back off without wording it harshly. He literally creates new topics to ask questions about every little detail about every thing he wants to do. Then he created one topic for england, another for america, then merged them into one topic, to me, that's spam. The thing is, I don't mind helping people, I will answer questions, look up resources, give links, so I do look at posts like that to see if its something I can give a response to. But I do think if someone is being a nuisance, we should be able to do something about it. Sometimes, people need a swift kick in the ass to get them out of a pattern of ridiculous behavior, or they need someone to come along and pull their head out of their ass and get them to look around a little.

Also, if this was the one and only thing, maybe someone could have come long and said hey man, would you mind making your topics a little more concise, like a compare and contrast england vs america, rather than two separate ones. But this behavior of asking so many questions, the flip flopping, the asking for opinions acting as if he wants people to make his decisions for him, its been going on now for well over a year, and I think people are getting tired of it, I know I am. So what do we do? Every community needs a way to deal with their less than desirable elements. Now, I don't know if this dude is a bad guy or not, maybe he's just very detail oriented, and don't get where the people who express a bit of displeasure are coming from, but I do think we should be able to make our desires heard.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-01 08:12:16

shotgunshell, I see no reason to talk about immigration, about culture or about other things, because if I ask about America or about England, it means that I have taken care of receiving this information.

2018-04-01 08:34:51

ironcross32, I'll try to say this simple for you. But maybe you can not understand me, we probably have different mentality, different views on life. But I see the truth to tell you about it.
Our life is one. Yes, I believe in the immortality of the soul, I believe in reincarnation, but life in this body is one. And we do not know what will happen in the future. For this reason, we must think about mistakes.
We can make mistakes many times and many where, but there are things that are decisive in life. Who we are, what we will have. It does not always depend on ourselves, on our profession, but depends on decisions that need to be made correctly.
I believe that the choice of the country is one of those decisions that affect the future of our lives.
One of the reasons for the large number of my topics is that England and America are two big countries. I'm not talking about the population, not the square, but about politics, opportunities, history. And for me it is difficult to make a decision.
Also in the world there are many other countries. Australia, Austria, Germany, Canada, China, Japan. Agree that these are developed and developing countries.
My advantage and at the same time my problem is that for me language is not important. Yes, English is simple for me, but I think that I will be able to learn any language if desired. I am interested in the standard of living, the conditions for the blind and visually impaired, the possibilities and how suitable this country is for me.
If there was a country that combined England and America, I think that this would be my country. America attracts me to opportunities, I am delighted with the history of America, but England also attracts me with its history, quality food, political device, and I think the mentality, although the British are afraid to interfere in someone else's private life and it seems to me that Americans are more open than The English.
There are many countries and problems that I have to find out. I have 2 options. Follow the feeling or follow the mind. My feeling tells me that my choice is America. I do not know why, but since my childhood I like America. For me, this is not another country, but another world. But the mind tells me that in England I can earn money, have friends and my favorite books are books of English writers.
You see that this is difficult, for this reason I apologize for the number of my topics and questions, and ask me to understand.
Thank you.

2018-04-01 16:01:09

@jonikster Man, you keep on pointing out the mentality of the English and the Americans, but no country has a generalized mentality. I'm and American, but I am a closed book, and am really hard to talk to about sensitive things. I'm sure there's an American on here who can come right out and talk about their problems, and I'm sure there's an American on here that doesn't even talk to their friends about their issues. Likewise for the English. The one thing you can't do in either of these countries is make generalizations about the people in those countries, because it's probably gonna earn you some weird looks from people. Every human is the same in one way, the fact that we're all different. The fact that we're all from different countries is one of the things that make us different, but that fact would have no effect on our personalities. I'm sort of an asshole, and if I was born in England I would probably still be an asshole.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-04-01 17:18:30

I mean, there's sitting down and weighing the pros and cons of a decision to try to make an informed, and rational one, and there's what you're doing, which is obsessing about the smallest details which isn't helping you, or anyone else. You're taking things to a level that's not quite healthy, for one thing, you act as if you can't earn money in America, which is not true, also, how do you know the same challenges won't be faced in both countries. I totally get that what you're trying to do is a big move, and to be honest, I probably wouldn't have the balls to do something similar if I were you, so the fact that you're willing to do this, well its a good thing I think, and I applaud your courage, but the fact is, you are going to have to stop with the data analysis and just get on with it if you're going to do this thing.

Also, in previous posts, I wasn't just talking about this topic, but the way you act on here in general, its annoying to say the least. Also, no one seems to be able to drive the point home to you that everybody is different. If you come to either America or England with this everyone is the same mentality, you're not going to be well accepted, I can assure you. You're essentially being racist, but not about race, but about culture, you're propagating stereotypes. I mean, OK, let's just say me and my neighbors, this house is a duplex, its attached to another one, right next door to me, my neighbors are Puerto Rican. They speak a mix of english and spanish in the home, English outside, although he doesn't have as good a grasp of it as she does, and he's generally quiet while she's the talker. But my point is, we're very different, but we're living in the same set of houses. But, we get along. Now I don't know what to say to get you to friggin' stop this crap about putting everyone into one bucket, but I can guarantee you it won't go over well if you come here, so you better get to grips with it before you leave. All Americans are open is like saying all black people can run fast or jump high, or are good basketball players. It's a stereotype, but even stereotypes that seem good have negative connotations. This world is not one size fits all. People are different, their cultures are different, their beliefs are different, so when you propagate stereotypes, you're disrespecting the 99% of people who don't fall into that stereotype. You're also doing the same damn thing that some sighted people do to people with disabilities. Talking to them as if they can't hear, such as speaking slowly and loudly. Treating them as if they have no intelligence, using simple terms. Talking in a high voice as if speaking to a child. All these things have been experienced by the disabled community, and if you can't stop generalizing people, you're doing the exact same thing, just a slightly different scenario. You talk about wanting to move to a place where there is no discrimination of the visually impaired, well, such a place doesn't exist, yeah, I'll grant you that it is lower here, and probably so in the U.K. and in Canada, but it is not non-existent. I'd say what you're really going to have to learn how to do is respect other people's culture rather than trying to force them into some mold you perceive as being the correct one for them. Maybe there is no diversity of culture where you are, but believe me, there is here, and in much of the western world. You're going to have to prepare to meet people from all walks of life, from many races, many cultures, with diverse beliefs. If you still don't get it after this, I don't know what to tell you, I would advise reading this a few times over, and just stop trying to fit people into your expectations of how they should be.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-01 18:28:45

@Jonikster, I think the issue is that you've asked essentially the same question goodness knows how many times and I don't think there are more answers we can give you, which is why your likely getting these sorts of responses. At this stage you should either start looking at immigration and perhaps a job or university placement or something in England or America to see how you find it, or just stop asking the question and accept life in the Ukraine.

I will say as someone who has traveled to different countries, there are! cultural norms, standard of behaviour and general feelings which do persist, so while I wouldn't go as far as saying "all americans are open about their feelings", I do think a statement like "People in America tend to be more open than in the Uk" is probably true on a generalised statistical level, So I don't mind the comparisons myself, especially!  being English and married to an American, (actually my lady and I have some quite amusing discussions on cultural differences fairly often), however your specific issue of which country you should move to and what your general ideas about America and England are have been  over far too much on this forum I think, particularly because you don't seem to get that any differences between cultures are fairly general, and that there is a lot you just don't get about a country, or a culture without spending some time there yourself.

2018-04-02 03:15:12

well it should also be pointed out, what ever country you decide to come to, you're going to need a lot of money and a very good reason to get in. possibly a job to go to. if not, it's not going to work. coming from the Ukraine to England is very difficult as far as I know unless you do it illegally which I really wouldn't suggest and I'd guess the same is true for America. we hear you asking these questions over and over but you never give us any idea how you hope to achieve your dream. you can't just say, I'm going to go and live in this country or that one. the world doesn't work that way. they tend to ask, why should we let you come here.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-04-02 04:48:25

Yep I can certainly attest to that, even when your answer to "why should we let you come here?" is "I'm marrying someone from your country" as was the case for my lady, the process was definitely not! an easy one, and took a stupidly huge amount of money and paperwork.

2018-04-02 05:33:01

I agree with the last few posts.
Even if you wanted to move to an other country, you need to have a reason for that move.
Do you want to go for studying there?
Or do you want to work there?
Or you are just going there as a tourist.
The last one is the easiest to get though.
Some countries will give you a tourist visa for 15 days, some for 21 days, some for 30, 60 or 90 days.
In the end, there will come the time that you need to pack up and leave, unless, you are studying or working there of course, in that case it will be different.
Telling the embassy of x country that you want to move there because you are blind, and blind people are treated better in that country etc etc etc, isn't a good reason in their point of view.
Lets say you want to work in an other country, in that case, the company from that country need to recruit you, you can't just come in and ask for a work visa by yourself and boom.
Now of course, you can apply for jobs in companies outside your country online, but I am talking about is having a valid working visa that allows you to enter such countries.
What I said excludes things like the GCC for example, or the EU countries.
Although I don't have full knowledge about the EU, I will give you an example about the GCC:
In the GCC, if your country is a member of the GCC, you can move to countries inside the GCC without needing a visa, without needing a passport even.
You can stay as long as you want, I am sure this applies for EU as well, but I am not sure what countries are included, or if each group of countries work together in someway.
I am sure some of you know about this, but I just wanted to clear it, maybe this helps the op in some way.

2018-04-02 06:00:12

information on Uk short stay visas can be found Here on the immigration website

You will also find links on that site about permanent settlement visas, but basically unless your either married to someone in the Uk, employed by a company in the Uk, or are a refugee for humanitarian reasons its not going to be easy at all.

This is another reason why it would be a good idea to come to the Uk and either work or study for a time on  a short stay visa, since permanent visas don't come cheap, plus remember  unless you are a Uk resident (ie are born here or have one of those previously mentioned very expensive settlement visas and have lived here for more than three years), you won't receive any disability related benefits from the government at all.

2018-04-02 06:21:44

For America, I have ways to get a green card. About Britain, I can study in Oxford, find a wife, but at the moment the best option is to invest in the country

2018-04-02 07:06:21 (edited by SirBadger 2018-04-02 07:10:03)

well Ukraine isn't part of the EU which makes life even more difficult coming to the UK. but did he just seriously say he'd find a wife to get citisanship? that's all kinds of wrong and you're living in dream land if you think you will get away with that.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-04-02 07:14:21

Ugh, I'm just done with this. This dude had no chance going to another country. I don't know if he's even serious about it or what, but yeah, I can't be bothered, he's gonna have to find out the hard way the way the rest of the world works.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-02 07:27:46

Didn't the revolution in Ukraine start because their president decided not to join the EU? So I'm assuming the current government would move towards joining, is that still going on? If so then you could always wait until your country joins which would make moving to another EU country much easier I would imagine. Although by then the UK won't be a member anymore so won't help you much getting there. I'm curious though, you keep saying you have a way of getting into America, how exactly do you plan on doing that? Do you have family there or something. It doesn't sound like either of those two countries are the biggest fans of foreigners lately. I might be wrong and it might just be media exageration, but if not good luck with getting into either.

2018-04-02 07:29:39

Take it from someone who has actually had to do this, the entire rigmarole behind the marriage and spousal visa system is precisely to avoid! people using marriage as an excuse to get into the Uk.

Mrs. Dark and I had to provide probably about 40 pages worth of previous email correspondence, as well as around 20 testimonies from friends and family including their drivers licenses and personal details to prove that we had! a committed relationship.

So unless your really keen on the idea of being deported or imprisoned I'd forget that one.

Likewise, the entry requirements for Oxford university are some of the most strict in the Uk. You talk of just "studdying at Oxford" but study what? You'd have to have a brain like Steven Hawkin to just assume you can get a place like that.
I'd suggest myself look at what qualifications you have and look around other universities who might be offering courses to international students, ---- -provided you can pay the fees of course, since international student fees are even more  over priced and insane than standard student fees, especially in somewhere like Oxford.

A quick google turned up http://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/International which gives details of Uk universities and how to apply internationally.

I'll also note that I found that website by literally one google search, which Jonickster should probably tell you how you'd be best spending your time if you really want to move to another country, Ie, looking up information and doing! something about it rather than making random claims without much to back them up or asking again and again for the same information.

2018-04-02 15:53:38

SirBadger, am I in dreams? In Britain there is a visa for students. I wrote to Oxford University, they said they would be happy to receive me. On immigration, in Britain, I can invest 2 million pounds. In addition, there are other ways.