2018-04-05 05:19:20

Well I am happy to say that we have near complete native joystick support.

2018-04-07 22:53:43

I am happy to see that this game gets developed further and has been taken over. Good luck guys.

2018-04-09 05:38:47

Hey guys, it's been a while since I came on here and gave a status update, so here goes...
We originally thought having custom enemy support wouldn't work, however we have recently teamed up with Mason to make it happen. We will also be adding other things that we originally thought impossible to do. We are now opening the door for custom weapon and item support, so if you want to send us those kind of sounds you can. Please make sure you have the rights to these sounds, we don't want to include stolen sounds in this project. You can also have more than one kind of the same sound. Here are the sounds we need.
Weapons:
Fire, when the weapon is shot or swung
load, *depends on the weapon, when you reload your weapon
empty, *depends on the weapon, when you run out of ammo
wield
fly, *depends on the weapon, if you shoot a weapon with a flying projectile and it's flying across the field
impact, *depends on the weapon and can be optional, when the weapon hits an enemy
items:
collect
use
set, depends on the item, If this happens to be a mine or bomb
explode, depends on the item, when the item explodes
Have fun, go crazy, or something.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-04-09 13:10:23

Wow! great! Now I feel if I did going to doo the battle!

73 Wj3u

2018-04-17 10:56:06

Ooh, reviving!
Sorry for double posts, but any news? I'm feeling I've got someone to create an enemy for this beautyfull game! Is there any news? new enemies? weapons? can there be cutscenes? more dangerous traps? can traps kill enemies?
Nah, just asking toomuch, but well, We must wait for this revival.

73 Wj3u

2018-04-21 00:33:48

I'm a little late to the party, but this would be a pretty cool project. I don't know how helpful I could be as far as sounds go, but I could help with the development/design if needed. Battle Zone was a nice game, and it would be great to see a nice revival.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2018-04-21 01:11:46

Well I have a shotgun, but I can't use it here in the city.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-21 01:29:21

I also kind of suck at sound production, however I can help with code if you want it. If you haven’t figured out already, i’m charlie merry on twitter, so drop me an email or DM if you’re interested.

2018-04-21 13:49:43

Hi,
SOmething for further down the line, but will there possibly be a way to create our own enemies, levels etc once the game is released? Think Adventure at C stage builder which has support for custom enemies, but not custom weaopns, and allows you to play either a text-based scene or actual cutscene at certain stage positions. Different tile/footstep types too.

2018-04-21 16:25:26

hello, i made a collection of sounds, the license thing doesn't apply to the bzp people, but it does for everyone else who wishes to use it, i will post more about this on my other topic for it
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nc2qg0xrf1ei … t8kaa?dl=0

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-05-04 11:57:01

@Shotgunshell, any news about this game revival? This is one of the epic revivals ever heard.

73 Wj3u

2018-05-18 05:47:21

Hey guys, really sorry for not giving updates in a while, but I'm here now and I want to explain what's going on. I don't know if this is part of my ADHD or what, but it's difficult for me to focus on more than one project at a time. Long story short, I'm developing a lot of projects, none of which are ready for release. Now what does this mean for BZP? Not much actually, things are gonna be pretty much the same in the eyes of the consumer, i.e., the release date is still uncertain. You can, however, definitely be assured that it will come out eventually... as long as the world doesn't end tomorrow, and that's very unlikely. You can also be assured that the aforementioned projects will be released as well. Look forward to the future!

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-05-18 13:25:31

I wouldn't call it very unlikely...

2018-05-18 18:45:15

I will certainly contribute to voice acting, and will help in any other way possible. I loved battle zone, and would be super happy to see a continuation. You should expect my voice pack by Tuesday or Wednesday, certainly before the weekend.

I choose to be happy

2019-09-16 19:25:53 (edited by electro 2019-09-16 19:27:05)

Just as the future was right there and Open Pirate (Shiver me post why I just revived this here topic aaaarrrrrgh!)Close Pirate.I'm afrade that  this revival is in development hell or some vaporware ish state. So amazing that revival...

73 Wj3u

2019-09-16 19:49:51

@Electro, not exactly. We're just now regaining our vps, since Garrett contacted me expressing an interest in getting things going again. This may or may not mean we're keeping at it with the Battle Zone revision, but we did admittedly vanish off the grid for a while. Two hacked vps's and just being busy in general set us astray.

2019-09-16 21:33:41

Aw, thanks for the infor info sir jack. I hope that this revival wouldn't be cancelled, or maybe something like that.

73 Wj3u

2019-09-16 21:34:57

Hi people. I don't know if yo noticed, but bz has been open sourced. I did some aditions to the code, like a custom mod support and fixed some bugs. I would love to post this or even help you out with hosting you, if you are interested get in touch.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-09-16 21:59:04

I'm interested in this simter.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-09-16 22:23:33

Feel free to send it our way. The only thing that may raise some slight concerns is the codebase you were working with. It's been so long ago that I don't recall whether or not we actually released the latest codebase or not. Were you working on the open source Battle Zone that Keywasfull released?

2019-09-17 00:52:58

I'm also wondering about that.

73 Wj3u

2019-09-17 17:03:06

It was released in agarchive, and it seams to be the original bz.

2019-09-17 21:11:53

More power to you, as long as you remember which code modifications are clearly yours. We may be able to put them into our source branch.That ma

2019-09-17 21:44:53

@48: please check your pms.

2019-09-17 21:49:54

I am also really willing to help you out with hosting and stuff.