2018-05-05 06:53:28

Hi. I'm using Jvip mud

fantasy world creationist

2018-05-05 17:07:22

Hello,
Could someone point me to this soundpack?
I'll probably try starconquest again.

2018-05-07 04:05:52

I don't have access to a computer at the moment plus am taking a break from gaming to deal with the joys of finalsotherwise I'd repost the pack and things. Either way, you should find it in the first post I make in this topic. the sounds go in the sounds folder, and the star conquest folder containing scripts goes in the main VIP mud folder. That's it.

2018-05-07 13:56:32

Thanks!
If you ever decide to update the pack, just let us know. I was able to find and properly install it.. Its very good!

2018-05-07 18:01:11

A month and a half in, and still not sure what I think about it, but it's not the chaos Miriani has been.  You can at least progress is SC as well as just relax overall.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-05-08 16:45:39

@nocturnus Could you explain to me the differences between miriani and sc? I'm into rp and both games are roleplay enforced.. There have alsso been reports that Miriani's pb has been getting better. There is alsso cosmic rage.. I just don't know which of the games to play.. I''d like to fully dedicate myself to one, as I can't play more than one game at a atime.

2018-05-08 19:37:33

Miriani is roleplay enforced but open ended. It has a handful of activities but only really combat missions for grouping, and is very grindy. It rarely if ever gets new features or content added.
Cosmic Rage I dunno. I just couldn't get into it. There are a ton of activities but they are nearly all the same under the hood.
SC is roleplay enforced, but the hosts are constantly adding new features and story plots. There are tons of activities from solo things to group things. It is less forgiving about OOC/IC than Miriani I'd say, and you must develop a profile, but I feel that it pays off in the end.

2018-05-08 20:54:44

One thing thats putting me off about sc is its.. Theme, so to speak. On their help profile, they openly put a lot of restrictions on what sort of character you can create, as in if your character is charitable, they probably would not become a pilote. If your character is in it due to the combat, they would have joined the military, not the civilian corps.
All this inhibits my creativity in a few ways, tbh.

2018-05-08 21:04:43

Lets make this more simplistic than that.  if you're into grinding with a group that may or may not exist, you want Miriani.  If you're into complex systems with somewhat spurious mechanics and an interesting community, you want CR.  If you want a game that requires you to think before you speak, which challenges you to act like an actual sighted human pilot, which requires that you contemplate any one of your actions because cause and effect exist, SC is the game you are looking for.
I have my problems with all of them,and right now I'm still developing my list of issues with SC so I can write something a bit more sound than what I've written above for anyone who's interested, but these are my observations at present.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-05-08 21:08:01

I'd like a deep game, somewhere where I can just immerce myself in and live my character. Currently, I'm between miriani and star conquest, as CR isn't exactly rp-enforced.

2018-07-22 09:08:41

caio wrote:

I'd like a deep game, somewhere where I can just immerce myself in and live my character. Currently, I'm between miriani and star conquest, as CR isn't exactly rp-enforced.

Star Conquest is definitely that. Probably one of the two best things about the game. That and the well-developed story/theme/world/etc. Not that it doesn't have its problems, all games do.

I saw someone ask for a soundpack for MUSH, don't recall if it was this thread or another one. I could probably toss the stuff I have into something usable, but keep in mind it was made for personal use and isn't approved by staff. They've had a lot of problems with scripting and illegal triggers under the cover of sound packs, so there is only one (a VIP pack) that has been reviewed and approved.

“What's fun for other people may not be fun for you- and vice versa.”
― Gretchen Rubin