2018-03-20 10:46:25

Hello.
Earlier, I made my choice in the direction of C#, and now I do not regret it. C# is a very good tool for developing games on Windows.
But now I'm interested in the development of Android.
In Android, there are basically 2 programming languages. C++ and Java.
I have no desire to learn C++, for this reason Java.
Here are a few questions about Java:
What kind of literature can you recommend about Java?
How well should I know Java for application development?
If I study Java. Will I be able to develop games on Windows using Java? I want to develop cross-platform games, but I do not want to write different code in different programming languages.
About accessibility. I've heard that Java has availability issues. I heard that you should not install jdk and Eclips x64, x86 only. I've heard that Java 9 has availability issues. On how much is it true?
Thanks in advance!

2018-03-20 15:18:27

why are you making a shooter with c++ if you don't want to learn it? big_smile

Paul

2018-03-20 16:24:11 (edited by Ethin 2018-03-20 16:27:16)

Post 2 raises a good question. Also, you are wrong about the amount of programming languages for android. C++ is definitely (not) one of them unless your making low-level system drivers or Linux kernel modules. No one would ever write an android app in C++, period. (C++ is also used for creating native java libraries, but that's not the question your asking.) The three (if not more, since this is Java, and you have access to pretty much all the JVM's languages) programming languages are Java, Scala, and Kotlin (Google has started using Kotlin for app development). And again, I spotted another lace your wrong -- that c# is just a good programming language for developing on windows. Considering that we have .NET Core and Mono out there, no, C# is *not* just a windows-specific programming language, and it is definitely possible (Microsoft encourages this) you to develop apps for all the OSes you target in C# using either Xamarine or something like it such as RemObjects elements.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-03-20 18:14:58

pauliyobo, What do you mean I don't want to learn C++? I'm studying C++.
Ethin, and here C++? I was talking about Java. I'm not going to develop on Android in C++.

2018-03-20 19:45:52

I'll put here what you wrote before

jonikster wrote:

Hello.
Earlier, I made my choice in the direction of C#, and now I do not regret it. C# is a very good tool for developing games on Windows.
But now I'm interested in the development of Android.
Here are a few questions about Java:
What kind of literature can you recommend about Java?
How well should I know Java for application development?
If I study Java. Will I be able to develop games on Windows using Java? I want to develop cross-platform games, but I do not want to write different code in different programming languages.
About accessibility. I've heard that Java has availability issues. I heard that you should not install jdk and Eclips x64, x86 only. I've heard that Java 9 has availability issues. On how much is it true?
Thanks in advance!

and now you're saying me that you don't said that you do not wanted to learn c++?
LOL that's just... fun big_smile big_smile
:d

Paul

2018-03-20 21:47:27

Please see:

jonikster wrote:

I don't want to learn C++ for development on Android.

2018-03-20 22:05:15

I'm not still seeing the point but that's your choice... big_smile

Paul