2018-03-19 22:28:14

so i was wondering if fortnight is  accessible to blind players. not sure if this should be here.
anyway if anyone has any suggestions on how to play it please tell me.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-03-20 14:50:52

I have messed around with the game a bit, and sadly no it is not. its very similar to the call of duty games. so if some way some how you can manage to play cod, then fort night is in that same ball park

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-03-20 15:40:07

i have played fortnite

and it isn't accessible

no FPS game is ever going to be accessible

2018-03-20 17:26:13

@3
I respectfully disagree with that last sentence.  There are developers who are aware of the issues facing gamers without sight and, hopefully, actively working to work around the issues that have been seen including with Fortnite.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-03-21 03:42:08

There's actually two versions of fortnite right now, the newer free Battle Royale version, and the original paid Save The World version. The level of accessibility isn't all that surprising, though they may not be closed to the idea of discussing improvements. One of their recent patches [here] included a new accessibility tab with experimental color blind functions which their open to feedback on, its possible further accessibility issues could be brought up on their forums [here] under the Suggestions & Advice or Feedback sections, for Battle Royale and Save the World respectively.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-03-21 06:30:29

@5
That's the kind of positivity I like to see with regards to this topic.  I'm aware that the team are open to discussion of improvements that can be made, though I have not actually engaged with the game enough to provide anything meaningful as of yet (though that may change soon if I have time to sit down with the game).

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-03-23 21:08:00

the game setup is not acsesible for now

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.