2018-03-19 06:42:40 (edited by pranam 2018-03-19 06:44:05)

Hi everyone!

I was playing Top Speed after some time again and I have some questions about it. Can anyone solve my queries about this game?
My first question is that what is the difference between Auto transit and Manual transit? Because whenever I selected auto transit my car crashes often and in manual my car doesn't crash. Is that only the difference?
Can anyone tell me that which built-in car is the best? I have many user designed cars which are very cool but any built-in car that is good as the others could be a grate thing.
One more question, I was designing a straight track to test my designed cars but the track is not appearing in the list of tracks. I did everything and even put all the values and I also put a wav file with the same name but still it was not appearing. Actually, what I did was I recorded my voice by the sound recorder of the windows and then changed the format from .wma to .wav. Is this acceptable? Am I doing anything wrong? Please help me with all the questions.
Thanks,

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2018-03-19 09:11:46

Regarding your first question, auto and manual transmission are just like a real vehicle. In automatic transmission, the gear is adjusted for you automatically as you change your speed, in manual, you have to shift gears on your own.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2018-03-19 10:05:21 (edited by pranam 2018-03-19 10:06:45)

Thanks for your answer but then why my car crashes more in auto transit as compared to manual transit?

Best regards
Pranam

2018-03-19 10:57:18

Hello
because when you are running auto transit, your car is increasing to the maximal speed while you pressing up arrow.
On the manual transmision, you have to press a to shift to higheer speed

sorry for my english

check my sounds on
freesound

2018-03-19 14:28:19

it's been ages since I played that game, but it's still the best racer I know of that uses audio. The answer to the questions above is quite simple: Manual gives you the ability of shifting gears with A and Z keys, while auto will move through them based on how you use the up and down arrows. As for why you're not crashing when using manual, you're simply not really going anywhere at a decent speed since it sounds like you just use the up arrow the whole time.

2018-03-20 04:18:02

yes, with manual, you're in control of the vehicle. you change gears with a and z, whenever you want or feel like it. that's why you don't crash, because it sounds like you remain in first gear all the time. as for the second question, the file must be .wav, and renaming an extension, to my knowledge, won't do the job.

2018-03-20 13:00:20

braille0109 wrote:

yes, with manual, you're in control of the vehicle. you change gears with a and z, whenever you want or feel like it. that's why you don't crash, because it sounds like you remain in first gear all the time. as for the second question, the file must be .wav, and renaming an extension, to my knowledge, won't do the job.

Thanks for your answer. I will try changing my gears too.

Best regards
Pranam

2018-03-20 13:02:22

pmartin wrote:

it's been ages since I played that game, but it's still the best racer I know of that uses audio. The answer to the questions above is quite simple: Manual gives you the ability of shifting gears with A and Z keys, while auto will move through them based on how you use the up and down arrows. As for why you're not crashing when using manual, you're simply not really going anywhere at a decent speed since it sounds like you just use the up arrow the whole time.

Thanks for your answer. Actually, you are write with the gear thing. I never changed it till now but whenever I tried to change it my car's engine starts slowing down i.e. they sound lower than first gear.

Best regards
Pranam

2018-03-20 13:04:24

tomas1333 wrote:

Hello
because when you are running auto transit, your car is increasing to the maximal speed while you pressing up arrow.
On the manual transmision, you have to press a to shift to higheer speed

Thanks for your answer. I am going to try it out.

Best regards
Pranam

2018-03-20 13:43:51

actually, that's expected. I mean, a real car's engine won't scream on top of it's lungs, will it? if you change gears, the engine sound will be lowered in real life as well. obviously, you don't suddenly want to put it from 1st to 5th, the car simply won't move, but you can gradually increase it.

2018-03-20 14:39:13

braille0109 wrote:

actually, that's expected. I mean, a real car's engine won't scream on top of it's lungs, will it? if you change gears, the engine sound will be lowered in real life as well. obviously, you don't suddenly want to put it from 1st to 5th, the car simply won't move, but you can gradually increase it.

Thanks for your tip. Actually, you got me at right point because I was increasing the gears faster.

Best regards
Pranam

2018-03-20 14:41:29

And I was deciding to make some very powerful cars and tracks. Please give me some tips and tricks to set the values in the VHC as well as TRK files. Tell me that which type of track/vehicle you want and I will make one track and vehicle per category. Just I need some help with the values.

Best regards
Pranam

2018-03-20 18:03:44

I'm still pasiantly waiting for an online car racer. we've not had anything since top speed. if I had the coding knowledge, that's what I'd make instead of an FPS. thought I'd throw it out there for devs that want ideas.

2018-03-21 04:39:13

braille0109 wrote:

I'm still pasiantly waiting for an online car racer. we've not had anything since top speed. if I had the coding knowledge, that's what I'd make instead of an FPS. thought I'd throw it out there for devs that want ideas.

One thing you can do is that you can download the source code of this application and edit it as your wish.

Best regards
Pranam

2018-03-21 13:00:19

I was looking for just that last night, actually. was so bored over here, but I didn't found the source package on github, only individual files. not sure if I was looking at the right thing at all...

2018-03-21 15:46:15

braille0109 wrote:

I was looking for just that last night, actually. was so bored over here, but I didn't found the source package on github, only individual files. not sure if I was looking at the right thing at all...

I think that you should go to extreme end or one or two headings before. You will find it.

Best regards
Pranam