2018-03-21 16:51:12

you could now create a acount and get the items 10000 and who had a account before will get it affter a week or some thing and i mean by the items payed items and free

Thumbs up

2018-03-22 17:40:57

I'm somewhat confused here. What else do you need? Play the game for a couple minutes, then if your not mostly convinced, might I  hazard the guess we're dealing with some fans, in the admin team out of all places? *shutters*

There's recordings of old versions which were confirmed to be using up, if that, along with the questional nature of this developers reputation isn't enough then I don't really know what more to say

Thumbs up

2018-03-22 18:17:31

The key word here is old versions. How do you want admins to believe something which was recorded with the old version? In any case, I wish people didn't go for shutting topics down so hard without giving any evidence.

Thumbs up

2018-03-22 18:47:44

Again, the only real knowledge you need is of this and the old version. I happen to remember many admins loved the old version, so recordings aren't really required.
Knowledge of Ultrapower would be helpful to boot, which very few people lack these days. So what do you suggest? Just wait around allowing a developer to get full credit, not to mention money, for cloning a game, oh oh yeah. And adding the ability to piss

Thumbs up

2018-03-22 19:54:44

I do believe there is no point discussing this with you with your lack of arguments and way too biassed opinion. Stop accusing admins for nothing. They are as confused as any real user with neutral opinion would be, and the fact you hate developers does not mean they can immediately shut this topic down and say that they did not develop anything. The truth, accept it or no is that they did develop lots of things. Whether UP code is used as a base or no is hard to proove now, but it is not that they did nothing and just get money for that.

Thumbs up

2018-03-22 20:47:42

I'll just say that is hard because no one except the devs have that source plus other reasons that I won't explain because they have allready did.

Paul

2018-03-22 21:30:47

its hard to see if the game still has some of the old code or not
but i think the good thing here is that desafio is way different  from the first few versions that were out. good for the desafio mortal dev

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

Thumbs up

2018-03-23 14:20:40 (edited by cartertemm 2018-03-23 14:22:23)

@55
Lack of arguments?
Sorry if I'm in some way misunderstanding something, but I've quite clearly outlined the means one could hazard an extremely good guess, or the best we'll get at this juncture.

I might have a biased opinion, that is undeniable. But seeing what I have the last couple years, nobody could logically expect much of a difference. First the games legitimate development, playing quite frequently, making suggestions, etc. Then the code getting stolen and molded based on that developers knowledge and ideas. At first I helped out both in code and sounds, but then decided there wasn't really much of a point since at the time, Ivan with BTB had no aim other than make a new FPS. Thanks to the codes 10 month existence on github, everyone and their mom could get a hold of it. If they were able to change the title, a couple sounds, then possibly add a couple minor features, praise and worship would be all theirs. I can name 5 separate scenarios where this happened.

Originally, this was DM. I logged in and played just to have a look, and shortly dismissed it as nothing more, it'd probably end up like all the rest. However, this developer kept adding new somewhat original features. Most of which had some potential. these new features were enough to make most decide it didn't really matter. After all, I have no reason to get involved in, or care about some other game from 3 years ago. I'm here to play a game. If this game happened to be stolen or whatever, well so be it. I'm having fun, and what's life all about anyway? Many things in life are stolen, insert popular mainstream game here took the ideas and name from insert another popular game here. check post 12 if you don't know what I'm talking about. Even a few admins, some being former ultrapower players, shared this viewpoint.

A year later, we're back. Partially with the same mind set as before, with the additional but by no means new idea of individuality. We've got storms, a bunch of maps for exploration, etc.

So what are the chances this game is using nothing but new code, even though

1. This developer has a history of cloning ultrapower code.
2. To experienced eyes it definitely seems as if the core is using, ultrapower code. Remember the flexibility of UP's map system.
3. Even though I have no way of verifying this, see post 6.

They might be making money, but it's money they didn't completely rightfully earn. I don't hate the developers, I hate those who knowingly rip off others work. I think most of us are just plain tired of dealing with this, but still it gets disregarded.

Thumbs up

2018-03-23 16:25:48

Stealing other people's work cannot be justified, nobody denies that. However, it is a matter of whether we are discussing somebody's development history or the current situation. I do not know of his history except this one game which was posted here and caused this to be discussed in the first place, however I do know of developers who in the past posted much more clones than one game which cannot be even classified as a clone. It would be a clone if it just had a changed name, and nothing new added to it. Nobody even knows if they still use UP code and has no good proof. We can argue and say that it used it in old versions and it uses some UP sounds, but sounds and the code are 2 different things. I am not aware of the UP cloning history so don't know how that code was even available in the first place, but as I have said it is the developer's responsibility in one way to prevent his code from being stolen. You cannot just put it open and say hey this is my work don't steal it. You protect your house by locking it, you don't just leave it open and say to people this is mine and don't steal it. In my opinion, this code cannot even be clasified as stolen code anymore with it's huge availability online. Nobody hacked the developer's server and stole the code.

Thumbs up

2018-03-23 16:56:41

Development history seriously deserves a good look whenever a new game is discussed. Usage of the word clone has become quite distorted lately though.
I don't see what your trying to say by, "I know of developers who in the past posted much more clones". I don't recall using the word clone or implying that it is such, merely that unauthorized code is most likely used in the project.
It doesn't really matter in the long run. If I were to steal a project and use it, that's the choice I would be making. In turn I would expect to be distrusted for a while. If I were to again use that same stolen project, or make it look like that project was being used but claim I wrote everything on my own, again I would expect not to be completely trusted.
If it sounds and looks like a duck, it probably is a duck.
I wasn't using sounds as a reason for the code being stolen, more as to highlight the attempt at originality.

the code was never put on github by the original developer, but someone who got their hands on it. The door to his house was never left open.

Thumbs up

2018-03-24 15:36:00

Can I still get this game?

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2018-03-24 21:13:54

for those who still play desafio
the beta will continue one more week! and the normal update is coming early next month.

follow me on
twitter

Thumbs up

2018-03-25 16:26:20

ok. Let's just start by saying something about these "Betas". The thing is, giving your playerbase 100000 of an item to then remove it from the inv after a while is no way to increase your playerbase. In fact, it may lose you players. And also, I can't seem to run the game. I hit enter on the .exe, and I get this door open and close sound. I've heard that it has to do with cheat engine, but I've uninstalled and made sure to search for cheat engine related programs. Either remove this feature of not being able to run if there's some kind of cheat engine, or make the game tell you what files still need to be removed. I wanted to play, but apparently I can't run the game due to this annoying protection.
So please do something about that annoying thingy.
Thanks.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2018-03-28 15:32:59

I don't realie like the payed items becouse it wil instantlie kil you and that is stupid becouse you don't have any chanse of surviving.

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2018-03-28 16:24:42

yeah that's stupid, you can't expect everyone to have the skill to find and eliminate all of cheat engine's keys from their registry. Also, I don't see how having cheat engine installed is reason enough to stop you from playing. I could understand checking for its process being run, etc. but to just have it installed. Bah. I'll install whatever the hell I want on my system thank you very fucking much.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-29 03:10:21

their reason for blocking cheat engine  is that it was making the  game slow
and also new version of desafio is out

follow me on
twitter

Thumbs up

2018-03-29 04:28:24 (edited by MasterChief 2018-03-29 05:25:26)

Hi guys,
Can someone help?
I have some questions about the game:
How can I get more coins in the game?
The passport needs 30000 coins, and if I want to collect coins by items only, it will take ages.
One other thing is: I tried messing with the phone but no luck, is there any use for it?

Thumbs up

2018-03-29 08:38:50

same questions haha

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2018-03-29 10:59:32

animal metal: I have one thing to say about their supposed "reason": bullshit. One and simple word. Cheat engine doesn't make anything slow. If the game is slow when its installed, its their fault, not cheat engines. They have absolutely no right to govern what people install on their system.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2018-03-29 11:41:48

Actually, where does everybody get that they don't have the right to tell you what you should and should not install? A program has every right to refuse to run if something else is installed. Nobody tells you what you should and should not install, just if you want to install it then don't play the game, very simple. I am guessing that they don't want to check whether cheat engine is running all the time as that could affect performance, so they just check whether it is installed instead. The only problem with this is that the detection, as seen is sometimes very unreliable. Moreover, you can just get portable cheat engine and it wont complain just because it can't look in all possible directories to find your cheat engine so this is really not the right way to do it, but that does not mean they have no rights to do it.

Thumbs up

2018-03-29 15:27:50 (edited by cartertemm 2018-03-29 15:29:34)

not to mention, cheat engine is one out of a bunch of programs that do this. All you have to do is grab another from the pile. I think the question should be what do you take to come up with such a horribly half engineered solution? Maybe the same thing that makes the user decide stolen code is actually good. More over, is drug use allowed on the forum?

Thumbs up

2018-03-29 16:36:05

I agree but its their reason lol
maybe they have more reasons now, but when I use to play thats what they told me.

follow me on
twitter

Thumbs up

2018-03-29 17:01:47

Oh here we go, I knew you had to mention something regarding stolen code discussion even though what we talked about is not in any way related to that. Actually, do some research and you will see that there actually are not that many accessible memory editing programs so that you can just grab one from the pile. I know of game cheater which is by now extremely opsolete and does not work on 64 bit systems, or cheatomatic which I have never actually used. Cheat engine is by far most up to date and videly used program for these things, and this is not the first game I see that detects it. Sure, looking for it installed is a bit stupid for the reasons I already mentioned abowe, but I do not personally know as I said how much it would affect performance in BGT to constantly look whether a process is running. OnToys for example looks for whether cheat engine is running and not installed, but that is an entirely different thing.

Thumbs up

2018-03-29 18:03:08 (edited by cartertemm 2018-03-29 18:12:58)

yep. You guessed it. Unlike you guys I'll stand by those who work hard, not those who paste a game together with no credit to the original author.
Cheatomatic is accessible, or was the last time I tried. Also, cheat engine is open source... If you so wish make a version for yourself. Or better yet and with no coding knowledge required, I'd imagine renaming everything would work just as well. So yes, I've done my research, especially when it comes to games that I play

Thumbs up +1

2018-03-29 18:21:30

@carter
I wasn't even going to comment on this thread.. Carter, I'm sorry but.. You really need to chill, man.
Just wait for the moderation to say something about this issue, there is no need to increase the flames. Such debates always make other people angry..
I'll be honest here..
Do I play the game? Yes.
It is a good thing for the brasilian audiogame market, which is even smaller than the U.S.. The game will continue to exist no matter how much people rage at it, no matter its origins.
I myself don't know if it is a clone: I wasn't around for the whole ultra-power thing.. I just believe that, at this point, people need to unwind and relax.

Thumbs up +1