2018-02-12 03:21:58 (edited by CAE_Jones 2018-02-13 01:35:40)

I finally updated both of these to work with Swamp3.5.

You can download them from the following links:
Fyquest:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AdYtb … tK2-UeSJrF
- It should no longer crash so easily, or give error messages every 5 seconds.
- Some new sidequests and subplots. ... Guh I just realized I forgot to remove some of the old makeshift weapons. ... Oh, well.
- Shops, armor, etc have been updated in accord with the changes in Swamp.
- The aiming problem with custom bosses should be fixed!
- If you get "the variable [ally.*.x] could not be found" messages, type res into the chat box. That _should_ fix it without taking away their non-arrow ability to back you up.
- At any time, you can type armor or skills to open the corresponding menus.
- It kiiinda feels harder to me, so I'd recommend saving often. tongue

Map Editor:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JbcQY … 8OqRecyj42
(If the above link doesn't work, try this one: https://www.sendspace.com/file/tnz69w )
- Maps now save correctly for versions of Swamp newer than 3.0! This can be applied to older maps by just loading, then resaving them, also.
- The tile menu should no longer crash the editor if you have 0 tiles.
- The tile menu now includes the numeric ID of the tile, for SCS campaigns.
- The UI now uses more Swamp UI sounds.
- Since there wasn't a changelog prior to this version, here are some features I'm not sure if were ever released:
-- Pressing shift+z now assigns zone2 for the selected area, but not zone1.
-- The editor recognizes tiles where only zone2 has been set, and announces them accordingly.
-- You can press ctrl+r for a quick regions list, with first letter navigation, to simplify picking regions in complex maps.
-- Maybe resizing is fixed now? No promises.
-- At the ambience menu, you can press j to jump to the next ambience closest to the cursor. The maze generator is still buggy with ambience placement, and in huge maps with high numbers of ambiences, this simplifies finding the ones to move/edit considerably.
- Alt-tabbing to and from the editor should no longer toggle braille output.
- You can now jump to the northwest and southeast corners of the map by pressing ctrl+home and ctrl+end, respectively.
- Pressing escape at the add beacon prompt now cancels, instead of adding a nameless beacon.
- The prompts to set the story text for the safe zones and outposts should now contain the existing text as default input.

As always, report bugs and incomprehensibility as you find them.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-02-12 07:04:29

When I tried getting the new updated map editor, this is what happened with the google drive page.
We're sorry. You can't access this item because it is in violation of our terms of service.

2018-02-12 14:27:39

Awesome Cae, been waiting on this for a while now!
Especially the map editor, though I really enjoyed Fyquest as well.
The google link for the map editor is, in fact, broken though.

2018-02-12 15:27:47

I’ll be playing the FYQuest campaign here later today. I can’t wait to get back into it.

2018-02-12 15:50:08

Wait, so this map editor allows me to make campaigns without knowing scripting, or just the maps for said campaigns?

Either way it's a great help, if we can get a new link. I'll have to try out this campaign, never tried it.

2018-02-12 16:10:41 (edited by defender 2018-02-12 16:11:09)

Just the maps, which will also work for custom offline play, and that mode where you can use your own, team missions or something?

2018-02-12 18:28:48

a couple of feature requests:

1: could we have all the tiles currently in swamp already loaded into the map editor? It's annoying to load them everytime you start a new map.
2: there's a feature in Swamp where you can exchange one set of coordinates for another. Could you make that editable through the map editor?

As always thanks for your nice work, I'm looking forward to making a couple of maps just for fun.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-02-12 22:57:54

You can do the coordinate shift thing by naming a zone <newXeanewY>zonename, where newX and newY are the coordinates to shift to.
I think the link problem is that ever reliable thing where BGT programs get flagged by antivirus programs. So now I have to convince Google that, in fact, there is no malware in this file. -_-

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-02-13 01:34:50

OK, here's the Map Editor:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/tnz69w
I wanted to try to get Google to review the TOS flag so the old link would work... but after it took 5 minutes to scroll down one item and get NVDA to stop reading every HTML complaint Firefox could come up with (F12 did not fix it), I decided that Google Drive + this computer is just that terrible. So we're back to this sendspace crap for the time being.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-02-13 06:22:40

I started playing today. And I noticed that the walking is very sluggish. Then I was outside of the house that you start in, and everything just stopped working. It did not tell me that the program stopped working, just the whole act of walking and being able to use a weapon. I can press the escape key to go to the main menu, but nothing was Spoken when pressing the up or down arrow. So I’m not exactly sure what’s going on.

2018-02-13 06:34:42

@9 I can host them for you if you'd like. I don't like / don't trust file upload places too well, send space is OK but annoying.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-13 07:33:31

@Seanterry: Is... is normal Swamp walking not sluggish for everyone? I was under the impression you had to reach, like, level 5 before you got up to 4tiles/s. If you're using the warrior's armor, it slows you down even more (which is why the warrior gets a free skill point).
I can't tell what causes the freezing thing, but I've also never seen it happen that quickly. Do you still have the debuglog from that session? The client can't be updated anymore, but if the cause has to do with something like the maps or the campaign, it might be solvable.
@ironcross: Anyone who wants to mirror these files is graciously welcome to do so.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-02-13 09:56:32

I have a question regarding swamp campaigns in General: Is there still something going on except fyquest in the single Player and campaign sector? And if yes, where can the actual stuff be found? Is the dropbox Folder for campaigns still an up to date place? Or can the campaigns be downloaded or are delivered already with the actual swamp Version?

2018-02-14 08:48:35

Does anyone know if there'*s still something going on regarding campaigns except from fyquest?

2018-05-05 23:10:29

Hey can someone reupload the map editor? The one I had been given crashes whenever I try to select a sound for it to do for tiles.

2018-05-06 00:03:03

Do you have the editor in your Swamp folder? It creates a list from the sounds in the appropriate sounds/* folder, so if it's not in the Swamp folder, it might be throwing an index out of bounds error.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-05-06 04:13:26

Oh oops. Thanks.

2018-05-06 04:23:54

@Cae, is this awesome campaign still downloadable and useable for swamp 3.7? I've yet to click on any of the links as I see there from quite a while back. So I thought I'd ask.
Thanks man.
smile

2018-05-06 12:26:40

I haven't tried it with 3.7, but I think it should still work.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-05-07 02:38:03

this is off topic but, cae I want to try all of your games, but all the links that I have found are broken like the bgt keyboard and other ones: if you can, can you put up a 7z or a zip file of all your games? thanks in advance

my discord: gamer20#7735
my keybase, note you will need the keybase mac, linux, or windows client to access it: k:\public\theblindgamer50
if you also wish to contact me on telegram, you can do so by going to this link: http://t.me/theblindgamer50
have a nice day!

2018-05-19 08:52:18

First post from me on here in a long time. It's nice to be back. smile

As others have already stated, the links provided do not work (for me, I am taken to a page which informs me that the file in question has been deleted and will have to be uploaded again).

I would be most grateful if anyone who has the latest version of the Swamp map editor would provide a working link for it.

Thanks in advance.

2018-05-19 16:49:47

I'd love to give this a try but I'm unable to download the campaign. Can someone put up a working link? For the campaign, for me anyway. I think my head would explode dealing with the map editor.
smile
Thanks so much!

2018-05-19 17:21:16

CAE_Jones wrote:

I haven't tried it with 3.7, but I think it should still work.

No, it crash when starting the campain on 3.7

2018-05-19 19:31:14

Weird. Can you post the debuglog?

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-05-19 20:03:34

Cae,

Personally I'd be happy with even just a temporary working link for the map editor, if you don't have any reliable places to upload your stuff to, E.G. if you could put it on Dropbox for a bit, I would very much appreciate it.

Sorry, not meaning to nag or anything, it's just that I've only recently been capable of playing Swamp again with any degree of competency after having been away for about a year and a half or so, and am really happy I'm able to enjoy it again. And that has sparked my desire to have a play around with the map editor.

I hope you can help,

Thanks