2018-02-07 18:11:06

Spoilers
I finally got back into playing Alternative Magic. I'm stuck on one section of the cave area. I have the earth, fire, and wind shields but I can't get to the treasure box that I think contains the last one. It says something about me needing a rope. I tried switching Fee (hopefully that's her name, the newest Google Translate is weird with names) back into my party but her flail apparently doesn't count.
end spoilers

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-02-08 02:02:48

If memory serves correct, you have to buy one of the flails before drugging the chest. I forgot what the name of the flail was. It's about 8 years ago I last played it. Sorry.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-05-18 21:17:04

Hi.
Is this game fully translatable with JGT, or do you need the likes of Google translate and copying for the storyline to be in English?
I'm asking because I've got JGT set up, along with my system locale set to Japanese, but the only things in English are the interaction items like move ETC.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-05-18 22:37:01

About the flaile, it's called 荊のムチ You need to have it in your items, not equipped.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2019-07-31 01:33:29 (edited by Honk 2019-07-31 01:34:15)

Howdy, bumping up an old topic...

I have two spoilerheavy questions about alternative magic:

1. Behind the door you open with the four elemental shields are two treasure chests. In the first I find a decent weapon, in the second an item translated as "black vial". It also plays the "you found something rare" music when aquiring that vial but I don't find it anywhere in my inventory, neither in the normal one nor in my toolbag. Can someone tell me whats up with that exactly?

2. Can someone give me a hint how to solve the puzzle in the caves of change? I've tried all 64 combinations for the tree statues I found and none of them opened the door. Do I have to run around the whole cave and see what if anything changes in every constellation? If so I doubt I have the patience for that...

Thanks!

2019-07-31 03:59:52

1: the Black Vile can only be used by the demon character, witch you will get after the valley of fire.

2019-07-31 11:18:50

Hi Boy,

thanks for the clarification. I actually thought so myself, thats why I finally got back to that secret and tried to figure it out. Before trading four shields for that weapon alone wasn't worth it for me.
But I couldn't figure out how to even find that vial. Seems like you only see it when you go into the tool menu with Riddle. Or I just was blind and overlooked it all the time. It did work however now.
Now I have to find the other vials I guess there are.

Do you also know the cavern of change puzzle? That one between the moon city and soul with the many magically blocked treasure chests and turnable statues?

2019-07-31 13:07:41

Nope, never gotten to the Change Cave, though I need to figure it out so I can translate it in Objectives. You can find the other vile by beating rank A in the battle arena with Riddle.