2018-02-04 06:12:51

Hi all,

I'm at a section in Dreamy Mode now where to get the next main line course with a new train assigned to it, it's going to cost me 10K.

A new track type just unlocked, the regional metro line courses. The upside to these is that they are much shorter and are considered beginner level. The downside is that they use a train which has the mason and brake on one handle, which translates to the left and right arrows not doing anything anymore, the train is operated depending on what position the handle is currently in. Which translates to me having a hard time braking when there is usually only one road crossing at any given time due to the very short distance in some cases. Even so, I'm having trouble learning how to brake and make my stops better consistently no matter the train used. I just got done doing the main line with a "Hot Southern" train--yeah, that one may be lost in translation, noticed this new type opened up at a lower cost, or I could continue with my hot southern buddy haha.

It's quite sad that I'm enjoying this game even more than Eurofly, and Eurofly actually has better sounds. Go figure.
I'll also make this topic as a general discussion of Dreamy Train, if anyone's interested. I think it certainly deserving of one next to Shadow Rine.

2018-02-04 15:28:25

oops,i just lost my safe file,so i don't have much to say,but the train,the sound not something different.

2018-02-04 15:42:23

Every train is different with their sounds.

2018-02-04 16:14:28

I am sorry orin but I dont understand your trouble can you make a recording which will describe yoor problem with translations.
I am playing this game with latest jgt addon and I dont have any troubles with braking.

2018-02-04 18:06:00

Hi,
If this is about to become a sort of discussion topic, could someone please put a link to the galaxy laborotory website? It's been ages since I've been there and maybe for obvious reasons, google won't help me find it hehe.

2018-02-04 19:10:39

If you want to download this game you can find direct download link in agarchive.net page

2018-02-04 19:28:35

@Mojsior thank you, grabbing it from the developer now.
Also, @Orin how did you fix your data issue?

2018-02-05 00:04:14

@Aaron, I used JGT's reading clipboard translation until I could switch it back to NVDA.

@Mojsior, the translation is not what I have a problem with. It's braking itself, slowing down enough to stop at the perfect position.

2018-02-05 01:12:56

Hi guys,
Uh oh, I think I botched up my order.
When I entered my email address, I forgot to put the dot, so it says gmailcom, and not gmail dot com!
Do you think MM will notice this and correct it, or should I try to contact them to be on the safe side? How should I proceed?

2018-02-05 05:40:58

Let's wait for a few days anyway. If you don't receive your key, I can skype him so that he can know the situation.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-02-05 11:44:57

Hi,
@Nyanchan: thank you. Yes, my plan is to wait a few days first.

2018-02-05 14:50:01 (edited by Orin 2018-02-05 14:55:32)

Does he plan on translating the rest of the game to English? I notice that Dreamy Mode, Free Run and Dreamy Shop are in English, but Train Museum and the other main menu items are not. I have the language set to English in the hopes that new translations will come, little by little.
I figured that translating this game would be easier than, say, Shadow Rine, but when I look at things like the detailed materials for trains, maybe not. Plus, there's the self-voicing only announcements, such as on the local train lines.

It's not a huge deal, as the new Google Translate does wonders to things like Shadow Rine, but while reading train designs, when it attempts to translate the placement of everything I find it difficult to read, even with translation.

Just enjoying making my way through Dreamy Mode and look forward to unlocking it looks like two other leaderboards to try and gain entry into.

Edit: Does anyone have Bladestorm's old guide handy, specifically in regard to getting better midi sound fonts? It might make the BGM sound a lot better. Speaking of BGM, why is it that only one special developer birthday course has BGM? I like his custom BGM, so I'd love to hear some while driving on all courses.

2018-02-05 17:35:21

BladeStorm360's original guide was taken down a long time ago, but FabiG94 reposted it with some minor updates regarding QTranslate.
You can find it here, and the JGT user manual also links to it:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=17938

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2018-02-05 17:53:33

Hi,
How do I change the game's language to English, or will this feature unlock once I get my key for the full version?

2018-02-05 21:36:50

Go to game settings, Language select, English. There's really nothing translated right now. apparently he did add the ability for translation a while back, but I'm not sure if we can do anything to help out or whether MM just added the ability for him to add translations.

2018-02-06 10:02:23 (edited by nyanchan 2018-02-06 10:05:41)

Actually I'm not sure what he wants to do as for translation. He initially implements the translation feature, but he doesn't do the rest, saying his English skill is not enough unlike me, blah blah blah. I always say that everyone here could be your help though. I wish he would translate his games in the future, while I admit the self-voicing would require some consideration and help from the community.

2018-02-06 10:49:13

Shadowrine has a small piece of translation implemented. First dialogues are translated

2018-02-06 20:47:59

He needs to be involved more on this forum, I think.

I must have caught him on a good day I guess, because I got my key a few hours after I purchased it. I've got a friend here who's been waiting for two days, about to be three tomorrow, so I'm wondering how he gave me mine so quickly.

Is he out on vacation this week?

2018-02-07 02:47:56

I don't know, but he might be busy with his master thesis.

2018-02-07 17:57:18

Hi,
I got my key today! It took a bit of fiddling about to get it working, turns out I had to input the spaces that were near the username field in the email for some reason, hehe. Luckily, it all works now.
I also decided to start from scratch, and I have 4 titles so far.

2018-03-04 20:52:05

having a problem getting this program to run.
It keep cycling through the update info.
It tells me what is new in the versions but then I press enter.
It does not go in to the menu just starts the info again!
Please let me know what to do.
I just installed it.

2018-03-04 22:13:27

you need to run this game as an administrator

2018-03-04 22:56:54

it is still doing the same thing!
Please let me know what else I can do?

2018-03-05 11:45:42

Hi,
In February I took part in my first monthly event, but am wondering if there will be a way to see/hear these event scenarios again, as they are quite funny. The very beginning of the February one made me laugh because of what happened.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
The trainer had to run from her location to get to you/us, the drivers. She almost forgot/maybe she was late, and she had a slight panic and then suddenly arrived and there was an awesome little dialogue.

2018-03-06 14:33:52 (edited by nyanchan 2018-03-06 14:34:30)

In the update screen, you need to cycle through the options with the tab key.