Hi all,
Nocturnus and I have been talking about developing a game for quite some time. With that said, neither of us is that great a coder. I know a bit and am a quick learner willing to wait and educate myself if I have to, but also aware that having to may take years because we're also in the process of raising children. Nocturnus is a great map builder, writer and describer, audio producer and sound designer ready to undertake development of the sound pack for VIP mud as soon as we have something playable, perhaps even before then. We've been hashing and rehashing the storyline, ideas for events and how we can roll out updates.
We're looking for someone or a group of someones who know MOO, and would be willing to help.
We can discuss details of the game and compensation privately if your into that sort of thing. You're probably thinking that this is like many other topics where someone has an idea and it sounds great on paper, and to some extent you're probably right. the difference? We're willing to pay as much as possible/negotiable to get it going, plus any money we make will go back to the developer as well as resources, maintenance and so on, all for the sake of what we have in mind
we get nothing and want nothing other than a great experience for everyone involved.
Please respond here if you are interested with your credentials and we'll send you a private message to connect with us. We thank you in advance and appreciate your attention

Thumbs up

Hi.
I see, yes this does sound good, however I don't know MOO or how to build muds in general. However, if you want to develop a regular audiogame someday, I'd be happy to code that, I have experience with python and some ruby, and with a little work I can do java and javascript as well. And if your looking to develop for mac or iOs I think I could do that too. I don't have anything to show you, but I've been coding for a long while now.
If you happen to PM me though, please let me know here as I don't check PM's that often.
Hth.

Guitarman.
Playing music and coding, are kinds of real world magic.

Thumbs up

@Guitarman
I sent you a forum email because if you reply I'll get a notification where as if you reply to a PM I don't. Hope this works for you.
Nightshade.

Thumbs up

Hello,
Excuse me, but could someone please explain what moo games are? So far I've only known RPG, FPS and some small board games. Basically, on which latform we play these moo games? do we install them or play in a browser?
Regards,
Amit

Thumbs up

@amit

MOO stands for MUD, Object oriented. They're like MUDs in that they're entirely text based. A MOO consists of a server and a database. The database is where all MOO code and objects are stored. The server handles connections as well as interprets the code in the database. Examples of MOOs are Miriani, Star Conquest, HellMOO, The Night, etc.

Thumbs up

Hi,

I've had years of experience coding in MOO, and I've even compiled my own custom version of LambdaMOO. I'd be glad to help however I can. Just let me know.

Thumbs up

@Jason SW
Sent you an email.

Thumbs up

I would, but my skills are not up to production value, however, if you needed a builder at some point, as long as you develop some decent build tools lol, friggin @dig is for the birds. When I build in moo, I se it rarely, we have facilities that make it nicer. I also developed a little tool that lets me copy descriptions across rooms.

I'm a cat! What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine to :P XD

Thumbs up

@Ironcross32
We may be looking for builders down the road yes, and if so we will definitely keep you in mind.

Thumbs up

Evening,
I'm an experienced moo coder and its probably my favorite language, actually.
I'll be happy to teach you moo if you would like to learn.
It's an easy language to get to grips with and I like to think I'm a pretty compitant teacher[like to think].
I can offer to help you with the mud, but do bare in mind I already run one, and as such, would not be able to put in 24 hour support.
Still, I'm pretty darn good at what I do, even if I do say so myself! smile

Drop me a line and we'll see what we can figure out: [email protected]

No money. Money is profit. Profit is businesses, businesses fund the government, governments cause wars, therefore, me charging for my services is bad! smile

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

Thumbs up

alright, gimme back donations I made XDXD

Thumbs up

that's different. :d that' volunteary donations, rather than me saying, if you don't pay me x, you're not getting y. All the same.. I have refunded donations before

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

Thumbs up

nah I know, jk lol

Thumbs up

I'm also a good MOO builder, although I'm still learning. So best of luck. Hopefully it'll be awesome. big_smile

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:16

Thumbs up

got a website up and running; we're freaking serious!  We're gonna make this entirely different from all you've seen in the past, because we're not going to fall into the same mistake of encorporating the past.

I do not know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future.

Thumbs up

Hi,
I know MOO as well, however have not worked on anything really with it for a while, so would have to refresh myself on it. However, if you guys are still looking for coders I'd be willing to help. I don't need to be payed though, and in fact would feel bad accepting payment if it were offered because I'm in school, not working, so no matter how much money I couldn't really devote much more of my time to it than I already could because here I think you legally have to go to school big_smile.

Sincerely,
Lucas.

Thumbs up

@Lucas1853,
You're missing the mark; if you got paid you'd get paid for being a coder who contributes something, not for being available every day of the week.  I'm not interested in how many hours you put in, but how much you put in every hour and how interested one is in the project overall.  It's been my experience that most devs end up getting burned out on a project and losing interest, which is what ends up killing the project for devs and players alike.
Something I never seem to get across as well to everyone I talk to with perhaps the exception of one individual now, is that we don't care how long it takes to release a quality product; we'd rather release something good than release something that claims to be great and has tons  of features that need ironed out.

I do not know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future.

Thumbs up

We'll also be taking some builders at this time. We're still open to more coders as well. If your interested, send me a forum email as I don't check PM's offen.

Thumbs up

Hi nightshade I sent you an email.

Thumbs up

@stirlock I replied. Note we are still looking for more coders and builders. We do not mind teaching building at all.

Thumbs up

Hmm, PM or email? I didn't see it, I'll look again.

Thumbs up

Yeah I didn't receive anything, my email is stirlock at gmail dot com

Thumbs up