G-Rad wrote:

H WIth NVDA and Windows 10, you just press NVDA + R and it will review the contents of a screen for you.    GOlden Cursor requires you have the cordinants for the   mouse positions.  I can paste the cordinants here if you need or wnat them, there's a few and you have to follow an order for them to work properly or it will nto work at all.

Sorry bud I am such a newbie

Thumbs up

I have obtained the OCR add-on for NVDA.
But, when I use it with a bridged VST, the results can be nothing, or random symbols.
I click on each letter or symbol, and nothing happens.
A few days ago It worked fine, but now nothing.

OPN/OPNA/SSG/波形メモリ sound sources lover

Thumbs up

Dekyo-NEC2608 wrote:

But, when I use it with a bridged VST, the results can be nothing, or random symbols.

U tryed uninstalling ocr
Worked for me bud

Thumbs up

Dekyo-NEC2608 wrote:

I think because that addon uses Tesseract OCR engine it isn't as good as windows 10 ocr.

Thumbs up

And, I've got a strange problem with omnisphere2:
The first time when I loaded omnisphere I was able to go through presets with the NVDA review curser. But now I have to use OCR when I go to the presets.
And how can I scroll presets to be able to see more presets? I don't have a mouse btw. just the mouse touch pad on my laptop big_smile

Thumbs up

Yes, you want to use Windows OCR which is integrated into newer versions of NVDA.

As for scrolling  with the ability to see more  presets, if you have a touch pad, then on the far righthand side of the touch pad may be a touch scroller.  Try it on a website and see if it will scroll up and down pages by simply sliding your finger up and down the far right edge of the touchpad.  I'm ot even suere if there is a scrolling keyboard shortcut although I see one being helpful in situations like this.

As for newbies, it'd help to et used to using OCR first before going this advanced into it.   it is manditory for learning how to do some things to make plugins accessible.

HOpefully soon, my friend will be able to figure out what's wrong with a custom plugin he made for me and we can share it with Reaper users to make all this much easier.  For now though these workarounds have to be used.   Sucks....

Recording artist @ Bass Mekanik Records.  Albums available on iTunes.
Drummer @ Jaden Farnsworth Band
http://www.youtube.com/dwrhythm

Thumbs up

I do not have Windows 10. But I do not want to change my OS just because of its built-in OCR....

Thumbs up

@32
..not really constructive and there is simply nothing we can do about it. If you really really really want the OCR, then Use a virtual machine. The world ain't ending

Thumbs up

For now I give up. My PC is low-end to run virtual machines.
What I'm going to say will sound strange, but when I uninstalled the graphics driver the OCR add-on recognized some things, and when I reinstalled the graphics driver the OCR result is just symbols as I said before.
When I have the graphics driver installed, and I position myself on the bridged VST window, OCR recognizes things that are from other window (eg, from the desktop or folders), and I am correctly positioned with the NVDA object browser.

Before anyone asks, I installed the correct driver from the manufacturer's support page of my PC.

Thumbs up

@34,
Never heard that one before...    Then again, I don't use Bridged mode, but even when I did, it never behaved like that before with me.  What is the NVDA review mode set to?   Not sure if it'd make a difference but worth a try if you haven't already.

Recording artist @ Bass Mekanik Records.  Albums available on iTunes.
Drummer @ Jaden Farnsworth Band
http://www.youtube.com/dwrhythm

Thumbs up

Yes, I tried using all review cursor modes, and it still does not work...
I have VSTis that can be used only by accessing the FX parameter box, and I think that's enough for now.

Thumbs up

Just picked up omnisphere what a vst hot damn
And can access all the hole sound banks 
Got my creative juices going

Thumbs up