2018-01-20 13:54:57

People have probably noticed Fall of eden if they've been on Fenoxo's site, the other erotic single player adult rpg that you can play in your browser (this one, no flash required).

This one is  in some ways a more traditional rpg. It has an evil demon, a world saving quest, and a more complex battle system with a full party of npcs to recruit, different jobs to learn, combat with multiple  abilities like buffs, debuffs etc, lots of tactics.
Also, though it has an erotic theme and certainly isn't recommended to younger or easily offended gamers, it is imho a less whacky than CoC.

I will admit the access for this one is a bit ropy, but once you know the correct keys it's more than possible to play with minimal effort.

The first problem that people might have noticed is that your usual screen reader methods of clicking on things don't work, for example you go to "new game" and hit space and nothing happens.
For some odd reason, in Fall of Eden it's necessary to actually use your simulated left clicks. In supernova you do this with a or q, in Nvda you do thist with numbpad slash (the one just above numbpad 7), to perform a left mouse click.
I'd also recommend in Nvda hitting Nvda numbpad slash before hitting numbpad slash to make sure your mouse is pointing at the right thing.

Using this method you should have no trouble clicking on stuff in the game including targeting enemies, choosing exploration choices etc.

The second problem is some of the basic stat functions, eg, resting and viewing your character stats don't have text labels, and since development is apparently finished for fall of Eden it's unlikely they'll be added.

There are two workarounds. Firstly you can try clicking on where graphics are announced, eg, to get your basic character stats you can click just under where  hp is, and to rest you can click just under where it says "quests").

this however is a bit cumbersome.
A quicker way is to use hotkeys.

The game has hotkeys for all action choices. on each page 1-5, q-t and a-g (god knows why they chose that combination rather than a numeric menu but hay)The only miner problem is that it neglects to tell you what key does what, meaning often you find yourself guessing (hence why clicking is easier).

There are however a few perminant hotkeys which can be used to bring up certain parts of the display (especially those that are inaccessible). In Nvda you can either use the pass next key through command (Nvda f2), or flick over to document mode, (nvda  space), in supernova you can pass next key through with ctrl 7.

6 will return you to last explored location (handy if you can't find the back link).
7 will bring up the stats for all members of your party. You can then use 1-5 etc to examine them individually and talk or interact in other ways.

8 will bring  the display for any items you can use.
9 will let you use character abilities outside of combat such as healing.
z will either sleep in a safe area, recovering health,  wait anywhere else in the game, allowing a turn to pass.
u will bring up the quests  list.

If there are more hotkeys I've not found them as yet (sadly this game doesn't have a list), however using those playing should be pretty smooth.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-21 11:06:18

It looks interesting, this game is definitely marked on my "To play" list.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-01-21 14:02:43

Dark, I did try this game, but I didn't know all of the hotkeys. Until you've mentioned it just now.

About clicking things in the game, I can also hit the enter key or, AKA "return" key just fine.

2018-01-21 19:58:21

@Socheat which screen reader and browser were you using?
With Nvda neither Chrome nor internet explorer seemed to let me click without emulating mouse clicks, though I just tried Supernova (with IE since sn doesn't work with Chrome), and enter worked fine.

Actually the layout is a bit easier to navigate with Supernova so I might use that if I want to try the game, though there is still no way to click on stuff like rest without using the hotkeys.

Sadly looking at the fenoxo forums it seems the game  still unfinished and isn't likely to get finished either.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-22 15:17:53

When I was play the game, I've used both JAWS and NVDA. they're both seems to work well for clicking things in the game.

2018-01-22 16:39:41

Hmmm socheat that is odd. which browser are you using? Nvda  wouldn't click on things correctly with either ie or chrome, even when i messed with the various browse mode settings.

2018-01-24 03:18:39

I was using IE at that time. May need to try the game on the Mac, though. Will report back here if I find something. Might be useful for Mac users who want to play the game.