2018-01-18 15:41:43

So, has anyone found any kind of Easter eggs in A Hero's Call? Just wondering. If anyone does not know what I am talking about, look over here.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-01-18 22:31:30

Hey, I was actually thinking of having an official AHC Easter egg hunt here and on Twitter around Easter this year. Looks like you beat me to it, though. I can tell you straight-up that there are plenty, some more obvious than others.

2018-01-18 23:59:48

I somehow thought I have seen almost everything from the game but I didn't find a lot of easter eggs.

What Comes in my mind are some rather funny books. For example you can clearly see what Joseph thinks about the twilight series in one of them big_smile

I am very curious what you might find.

2018-01-19 00:21:08

For a hint on where you might find a few eggs, you might want to look over here. Sorry for getting ahead of you on this Joseph. LOL.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-01-19 05:03:32 (edited by stewie 2018-01-19 05:04:37)

The Goblin Palace area is pretty much one giant set of references. The main quest is even named "The Goblin King and I". I don't know if that actually counts as an Easter egg though.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-01-19 08:33:42

Hmm. I might have seen some of those easter eggs, but if I have, then I haven't thought about it as a secret. However, there are a lot of locked doors which I haven't had the time to discover yet.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-01-19 11:36:39

My favorite one hands down is the Hope the Vampire Slayer one but that's pretty obvious (instead of Buffy, Faith! I was half expecting Liam to be named something close to Angel lol)

Love the books you find in Nigel's study as well - The Great Gainsby and Full Moon.  The quest name "Who Framed Rother Rathgar" or however you spell it gave me a chuckle, as well.   The fanfic style book Gwen the something is really entertaining to me too, but not sure if that's an easter egg or not.

2018-01-19 15:51:40

I think most of the books actually are.  As post 3 makes us aware, Full moon is a somewhat snarky, but funny give and take on the twilight teen romance kerfuffle, while the Great Gatsby is also, obviously referenced.  If nothing else, we can safely assume our devs do a lot of reading.  :d

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-19 16:27:08 (edited by kianoosh 2018-01-19 16:28:02)

speaking of twilight, I know it's almost out of topic but I found that mathayous speaks like edward(If you've seen the twilight  saga you know what i mean). He speaks too fast, Some words cannot be understood, Lol. But about easter eggs, I found a door between the bushes and edges and these sort of blocking stuff, Which leeds to gard berex and is locked. I believe it has to do something with the armory in the gard berex. Although i couldn't get into it.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-01-19 17:19:22

Matthias is a somber character, and with his beloved forest having been brought to a state of evil and corruption, he's probably the one I most relate to. Our wild lands are all being taken up with concrete jungles, animals lose their habitats, and stray into the city where they're tranqed and or killed if they're big ones like lions or bears. I think they set the smaller stuff loose if they can though. I've always had a strong connection to nature, and feel whole again once I reconnect with it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-19 18:36:19

Hey CrystalD: You definitely found one of the more overt ones...and as for Liam, believe it or not, Liam was Angel's human name, before he was turned ;-)

2018-01-19 21:26:06

The "A House Divided" quest refers to a speech by Abraham Lincoln. When I saw the title I knew it sounded familiar but I had to google it to fully remember.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-01-19 22:31:49

Or, it may refer entirely to Matthew 12:22-28, but I'll let Joseph's response be the final determination on this, of course.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-19 23:13:22

Another thing I somehow didn't fully realize until the fifth playthrough:
What has the so masculine captain of the city guard in his bed? I found that really funny after I finally added the facts to a bigger picture.

For those who don't want to look for themselves:
He has a cute Little stuffed teddy bear as a sleeping companion smile

2018-01-20 05:33:19 (edited by defender 2018-01-20 05:33:37)

Certain responses to NPC's give you amusing dialogs, or just different ones.
For instance, for the time in the bottle quest, if you lie about where you found it when talking to Beatrice, you get a different outcome.
Also, those two convo's that can either give or take 2 willpower, though that's more obvious.
And if you tell Patunia that it's really not your problem when she asks you to find the ring, it's pretty funny, not to mention satisfying.
Same for if you talk to Nigal after doing the main AHC quest
Thankfully messing around and being an asshole doesn't stop you from going back and getting the quest by asking differently, though it can sometimes take away your reward.

I really like taking different party members to main events the second time round as well, like when first entering the secondary ore vein past the underground lake, when talking to Rogar, when picking up the sacred stone in deepwood, ETC because they all say different things
For instance, if Simion is their when you find the second half of the broken amulet or heading back to Nigal's house, Alexia is with you when first meeting Liam, or Gwen is in your party while finishing one of the main quest sections, you get some interesting dialogs, and even some quests out of it.

2018-01-20 06:48:26 (edited by CrystalD 2018-01-20 08:53:49)

@Joseph As soon as you said the Liam thing my brain clicked!  I love how clever that one is haha.  Like I said my favorite easter egg so far smile

Edit:  So I just finished the Ancient Evil quest and I adore that it is just 1 giant Buffy reference big_smile

2018-01-20 19:07:16

Perhaps not an easter egg but worth mentioning, I think.  I just found a small and rather amusing little dialogue where, if you talk to Victoria more or less after getting that quest concerning getting ore in the mines, she'll start babbling at you about how cute and amazing that aprentice is with his hammer bla bla bla and, assuming you have Gwen with you, she, Gwen, ends up getting pissed off and spouting out this stuff about how not all girls are shallow, at which point you can reply with something like, "What, you don't ever see attractive men?"  then she's like, "Wait, no, that's not what I said!  I just meant that, um, hmmm, hey!  this isn't a fair question!  It's a rather joky little exchange between you and her and serves to make the game seem more lively and lifelike in some senses.

2018-01-20 21:35:44

Oh yeah I forgot about that one some how lol.

2018-01-21 14:32:54

The Kingsfoil plant. LOTR reference. So fitting too that you find it when the ranger is one of your traveling companions. #Aragorn

"I will confess my humanity. I have been named a monster, and do not deny those claims. I am the monster that I fear we all can become."

2018-01-22 04:18:02

I find it pretty funny that one of the quests dealing with the stables is called "horsepower." The owner of the stables, Annabell, says sometimes, "If you're looking for horsepower, you've come to the right place!"
That's pretty funny to me.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-01-24 11:47:00

@Post 17.
I just found a version of this dialogue for female characters with Simeon as a travelling companion.
Now what I really want to know is if a version with Matthias exists.
I am going to check this.

2018-01-24 15:55:40

rofl The idea that Simeon would have such a dialogue with a female char doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  Honestly, when I heard him I was almost expecting appearances from the joker or some such.

2018-01-25 07:34:38

Start!
Major!
Spoilers!

If you are in range of one of the following NPC's (I checked every single one in the city...) while being attacked by the corrupt city guards, than they will fight along side you, which is cool because you get to see their stats, weapons and armor, as well as hearing their pain and strike sounds.
sally
Wilhelm
Walter
Captain Lucian
Jerome
Father Ignatius
And all generic guards.

Spoilers!
Major!
End!

2018-01-25 08:46:56

Yeah. This is an epic feature...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-01-25 15:50:35

slight spoilers,
I always liked going into deepwood, finding myself with the other deepwood rangers or Jonathon, and an attacking enemey, since practically the same thing happens.  It's worth mentioning you can heal them, help them in any other way you would any party member, such as casting buffs on them, and just be glad of their help and any attacks they bring with them.
end of spoilers