2018-01-16 17:37:05

Hi everybody!

Let’s start by telling that I’m blind, not completely but almost…
I’m a braille reader with no colors, I see something maybe 3 meters far, shapes, ”big lines”, car, house, door, even big signs of supermarkets and such when I’m standing near by…But mostly in the nighttime when the contrasts are strong, you know what I mean.

I play games on PS4. It’s had dot find games that are accessible for my sight, that’s
why I’m so happy I was able to play RE7 completely through actually twice now
without any help from sighted people.

For my sight Resident Evil 7 is as accessible as it gets. I use a PSVR virtual helmet
and enjoy very much the virtual worlds it offers me smile.

Anyway, with PSVR I can take a closer look with all the menus and such so I get them
as big (zoomed) as I need to and in the inventory it tells with a text what the items you
carry are so you don’t meed to recognize them from pictures and such. also (unlike every other game I have tried) the inventory text can be zoomed just by bowing your head and looking closer.

Everything happens in the night time so no disturbing sunlight or bright
light and colors that would be hard for me to watch. Even though
I’m very poor with maps there’s lots of time in the game to walk around and find
things.

All the fights in the game are quite slow and all the enemies make noise
when they come.
I usually have difficulties aiming in games but here I was able
to shoot and use things like flame thrower and grenade launcher with success smile.

Since the game is full of writings on the walls and documents with codes and such that are
hard for me, I used a walkthrough to help me play the game through…Here is a link to the walkthrough:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/resident-evil-7/Walkthrough

If you enjoy horror films or games, this is something all low sighted
players like me might want to try. Also the game doesn’t need a VR headset
to work and actually the reason I played the game through twice was because
the first time (until the very end) I played using a normal TV. I have tried some other Resident Evils in the past but haven't found them that accessible at all.

Hope this helps someone, I'm a happy camper smile.

-- Mikko

2018-01-16 17:42:03

The reason I write this in Audio Games forum is because the audio design of the game is very cool and I used my ears more than I used my eyes while playing.

2018-01-17 08:42:15

Hi.
Thanks a lot for your awesome post. Being totally blind myself, I have no use for the VR helmet, but it's awesome to hear that people with just a bit of sight can use this as well. I'm sure some people here on the forum find this information very usable, so thanks a lot for sharing.
Resident evil 7 is also playable for totally blind people. I haven't had the time to look at it yet though...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen