2018-01-14 16:54:27

Hello to all! I wanna get Q9's setup, but I don't know where I could find it. It isn't available on Blastbay Studio's website. Can you help me? Thanks!

If you want to get in touch with me, e-mail me at [email protected].
We can also get in touch on Telegram.

2018-01-14 17:13:36

hi, even if you were able to get a setup for q9, unless you still have working registration information you will only be able to play the demo. Q9 was sold to leasey in 2015, which personally still pisses me off quite a bit, and now the only way to actually play it is if you get the leasey program and games module. I think the older swedish version with less functionality can still be found at agarchive.net, but I'm not sure.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-01-14 17:17:15

Q9 is no longer available for sale. Phil sold the rights of the game to Hartgen Consultancy, and they made it an exclusive part of their Leasey system for the JAWS screen reader. So now to get the full game you have to have a valid JAWS license plus a license for Leasey.

An unfortunate development but nothing can be done about it now.

If you would be satisfied with a demo version, click the web site link below this message, there you'll find a list of the files I'm sharing through my Sendspace Pro account and the Q9 installer is one of them.

Moderators, if you'd prefer that the Q9 installer not be distributed on the forums, please let me know and I'll remove it.

Thanks!

2018-01-14 18:11:19

I think distributing the demo is okay so  as registration info isn't distributed with it.

It is extremely sad that the leacy developer is treating Q9 with such disrespect and throwing it in with his product as simply a free extra, rather than giving it the respect and wider  appeal the game deserves.

I don't object to Philip bennifall for selling rights to the game to make sure compatibility was maintained (although given that it's still possible to run his own game Tarzan Jr on a modern windows 10 pc with the right dependencies, which is now twelve years old I'm not sure it's as much a concern as Philip claims), however I do think it's amazingly sad the  developer can't  give Philip's work the exposure it deserves, or make it available to a none Jaws using, or indeed none leacy using audience.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-14 18:47:27

Dark, I will certify here that the only thing being offered is the English installer for the game. Although I am a JAWS user and have a license for Leasey, I have no registration code to offer even if I wanted to, which I don't.

I agree with Dark and most others here that it would have been nice if Hartgen Consultancy gave a nod of respect to the VIP community by offering to sell the game as a stand alone product as well as making it part of the Leasey games module. But I guess that any possibility of that happening died when several members of the VIP community decided to send Brian Hartgen and Phil Bennfall hateful and insulting emails about the subject.

2018-01-14 19:07:35

Hi,
I think the reason a lot of us were angry, some more than others, was because Philip did this without asking us first, without saying hay, what do you guys think I should do with q9. On the one hand it did promote leasey but on the other, I think it's unfortunately given said product a bad name.

2018-01-14 19:15:27

Thanks Orco.

If you want to get in touch with me, e-mail me at [email protected].
We can also get in touch on Telegram.

2018-01-14 20:37:44

@aaron

And that's where I disagree with you. Do you come on these forums and ask us what you should do with your property? No? Why not? That's what you are saying that Phil should have done. While we may disagree with what he chose to do, Q9 was his property and he had the right to do anything he wanted with it without having to ask us for approval first.

2018-01-14 21:39:07

If it's any consolation to anyone reading this, leasey has just dropped price to about $70 forever.
Seeing as q9 was somewhere around $30, it's not as bad as paying somewhere around $150, though if you aren't a JAWS user it's still a bummer.
Later!

2018-01-14 21:55:44

the thing is that after there was the outcry about leasey doing this, people proposed their games module be sold seperatly as a purchasable bundle you could run without jaws or the lesey expantion. They actually agreed to look into it if enough interest was generated. From the posts in the forum topic they got more than enough, but nothing happened. That is just sad.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-01-15 00:36:23 (edited by Orko 2018-01-15 00:44:56)

@threeblacknoises

I heard about that, but since I no longer use or recommend Leasey, I didn't bother to verify the story.

@Connor142

That may be, but if he said he'd look into it, I believe that Brian is respectable enough to keep his word. But if some people did send him hateful and insulting emails, I can't say I blame him for deciding to turn his back on the idea.

2018-01-15 01:30:11

I also wonder if they are trying to add some more original games first before selling the module, although it has been two years but maybe it's because they really thinking of something quite big to add. It will be a bit sad if they don't end up doing anything.