2018-01-04 15:01:12

Hi all, i am thinking of getting my self an android watch.
I don't know what to get... as far as my research told me, the whatch should have android 2.0 for talkback, and a speaker.
But can any one please recomend me a watch that is not that expencive?
I live in South Africa.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-01-05 02:01:46 (edited by magurp244 2018-01-05 05:03:12)

I touched a bit on this before in a previous thread [here], the available brands were LG Watch Style, LG Watch Sport, Moto 360 Sport, Fossil Q Founder, Tag Heuer Connected, Moto 360 for Women, Asus Zenwatch 2, and Moto 360. Most ranged between 150$ to 700$, some for a rediculous 2500$ to 3500$ like Tag Heuer. The Asus Zenwatch 2 comes in more affordable at 150$, there's a review of it [here]. I've also seen a monthly payment plan for the LG Watch Sport at 66$ a month for a total of 350$.

Edit: [Here's] a more up to date listing of smart watches with android 2.0 support, and some more recent watch [reviews].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-01-05 08:30:57

Hi, so if i get my self the Asus Zen watch, will i be able to use talkback on it?

best regards

2018-01-05 10:10:01

The following Eyes-Free thread will be quite useful to many, as folks are talking about this very subject:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?nomobi … cZBP-iYPNs

BTW, The "HUAWEI WATCH 2" also may be of interest to you as well.

Complications on Androidwre watches "does" work, thogh not as good as how Apple does it currently. Also ask around about which apps work and which don't.
I believe at  least 7 or so on the Eyes-Free list have Androidwre watches of some kind.

2018-01-05 10:26:32

thanks to all that helped me

best regards

2018-01-06 17:33:45

Because he has a samsung phone, he can get a smart watch as well.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-04-20 23:44:12 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-04-20 23:44:29)

sorry to bring up a somewhat old topic, but I feel redundancy or posting a brand new thread is not necessary with things like these, especially in regards to those things which keep evolving...
any experiences out there? I am mainly interested in the fitness advantages of a watch and would like to know whether you can have your statistics voiced out either automatically or on demand and so on...
the official google documentation page says lg watch sport or Huawei Watch 2 work best with it... if something cheaper is available I will be happy to buy it

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-04-21 18:37:44

I also thought of getting one of these exercise tracking bands as I am mainly interested in the fitness aspect of these and they are certainly way cheaper, but I am not sure if its actually worth the buy... those who have used an apple watch probably would just throw the convenience of replying and calling from the watch, but meh . that is what i have been finding on most smart watches.... the rather pointless ability to respond calls or messages from something other than your phone... and then their fitness ability or tracking is not the best or the most reliable yet they go up easily on the hundreds of dollars price. What atracks me to buy these is all the audio goodness you can get in the form of coaching style and so on.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…