2018-01-01 17:24:06

Hello folks. I'll have to talk about some in game quests here to see if they are broken or not. So, if you don't want the game spoiled for you, do not go on if you don't made all the shopkeepers quests yet.
I've collected goblin equipment for the blacksmith and wolf pelts for the general store owner but I can't find a way to give them said items.
I also can not find a way to go on with the quest to break the ivy prison inside the massive tree. The quest tells me to go and find a propper tool to break the prison, when I got back to town, the blacksmith suggested me to go and look in the general store, although the onwer didn't tell me anything related to it, I found a big pair of gardening shears for sale. I naturaly bought them and went to the quest's site, but nothing happened.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2018-01-01 17:33:46 (edited by JasonBlaze 2018-01-01 17:39:28)

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
for  the prison quest, I just bring Gwen with me, and she will burn the thing that blocking the prison.
I can't complete the 20 wolf's pelts too, I have 25 now, but nothing happend when I talked to madalin.
for the blacksmith quest, I think you just have to sell the equipments

2018-01-01 17:46:01

I confirm everything post 2 said.

2018-01-01 18:17:52

With belts you can sell them I think, I have onli one, so, I do not know.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-01-01 20:07:19

The general store quest was bugged and has been fixed in the 1.1 patch we just released.

Spoilers and pro-tips below:

If the blacksmith has asked you to sell him goblin gear, it should show up in your sell inventory when you re selling items to him. If you do not see the gear in your sell menu then this is indeed a bug—please email support if that is the case.

Regarding clearing the thickets in the Heart of Deepwood, you should be able to walk up to the thickets once the shears are purchased to clear them. If this doesn't happen then this is a bug—I will try to test it out and confirm.

2018-01-01 20:56:26

I strangely can't still finish the supply line quest after the update, do I have to kill another wolf to trigger it? , saddly though wolfs are rare, or none now, everything I encounter on the deepwood are bandits, the tree, and trolls

2018-01-02 02:57:50 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-01-03 21:39:50)

Yes, you need to kill another wolf.
I'm actually stuck on the next part myself, I can't seem to find more shrubs for nightshade... I'm stuck at 12.
Edit: Never mind... I'm a moron. I need Matthias in my party...

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-01-02 04:05:05

Little bit of an inside scoop on the wolves—every time a wolf pelt adds to your inventory, the game checks to see 1. if you're in the wolf-pelt-collecting stage of Madeline's quest, and 2. if so, if you have 20 or more. If both of these are true, it advances the quest. Turns out that when we released, we were checking for the wrong quest stage because the wolf pelts used to be the second item in the quest and one of the checks never got switched. That's fixed now, but you have to get another pelt in order to run that check again, so that the game knows to update your quest.

BlindNinja, I'm glad to hear that you were able to advance, as I received some reports that there was no option to give the pelts to Madeline. Now I suspect that just means people hadn't advanced the quest yet.

2018-01-02 04:18:28

Yeah, at the time I figured okay well it wasn't gonna know the game got updated, let's try finding another wolf? And yup, it worked. lol

2018-01-02 04:38:29

is there another way to get wolf's pelts? , my characters are around level 30 now, so there is no wolfs anymore I think.
have to check again.

2018-01-02 06:29:34

so do i update the game by running that updater program in the game folder?

2018-01-02 19:56:46

Thanks for the clarifications folks. Happy hunting for everyone big_smile
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2018-01-02 21:21:50

joshknnd1982 wrote:

so do i update the game by running that updater program in the game folder?

Yes - I had to figure that out just by trying it, but you run the updater and it starts to download the files.

2018-01-02 21:52:21

Sometimes I wonder though how many quests are actually in the game, lol I'm sitting at 32 complete if I didn't miscount.

2018-01-03 00:16:45

Can anyone confirm working/broken status of a few quests? Warning, possible spoilers if you haven't come across these.
Predators and pray: I found three of the wolf dens no problem. The one up by the north bridge... I've been circling it for hours and hours, it won't trigger anything. The range wherein you can hear wolves snarling is of considerable size, it can be heard in areas on both sides of the bridge, and I swear I've been to every path and shrub around there and it just won't trigger the fight with the wolves.
Laying down the law: I've been to bandit campsights. I've been to high ridges. I've been to windy bluffs. I've been to plateaus and the dear path. Nothing happens to indicate that progress is being made towards finding ambush sites.
Since the captain said I had to mark them on my map, I've started placing out custom becons at these locations thinking that'd trigger something; but nope.
Another tidbit about the wolf hunts: I know I posted about this in the release topic, but unless there's something I'm missing I think it's a little unreasonable in it's current form. I'd like to know what the actual dimentions of the audable range are, but the range is huge with no indicator of whether you're getting warmer or colder.
I'm not necessarily asking for solutions to be spoiled. I just want to know for sure that I just haven't figured something out yet and not that I'm the victim of a bug here.
Thanks.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2018-01-03 01:56:52

this may be off topic a little, but how do we coppy errors and to what email do we report bugs?

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!

2018-01-03 01:57:36

Predators and Prey: Unfortunately we involuntarily made this very difficult for you all because the sound of the wolf dens does not attenuate with distance. So you're right, it's completely unreasonable...because it's a bug. We will get that fixed in the next patch.

Laying Down the Law: You don't need to mark them with custom beacons. When you enter the relevant areas they will prompt you with a dialogue to mark them on your map. If you've actually set foot in a location like the High Ridge or Windy Bluff since activating this quest without getting a dialogue to mark it, there is probably something bugged—though others have passed this point of the quest with no problem so I'm not sure what you may have done differently to cause it to bug.

2018-01-03 03:59:05

@joseph
For laying down the law, in my case it didn't actually prompt me either, not sure what was causing it but yeah. And I might've already stated this in the release topic, but the only reason I knew it was actually working was because my quest log updated after I found the last one.

2018-01-03 06:14:33

@Joseph, I sent in an email a few days ago and haven't heard back. I attached a bad save file.
I'm glad to know the wolf dens are bugged and that's not just how they're supposed to work.
Spoilers!
As for laying down the law, I stand in part corrected; at one camp sight Matthias
spoke of how he felt it represented his failure to defend the forest. I don't know if that was related to the quest or if it would have triggered had I not had that quest active.
The game has not given me any other indications of progress any other time I've visited one of those areas.
Also, can we get some insite into what the triggers for enemy upgrades are?
I have the mines and forest completed as far as the main quest is concerned. I have 12 other quests completed, and 13 others on the go. My chars are all between level 20 and 23. I feel underleveled, but I can't access any of the weeker enemies that would be more suited to grinding.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2018-01-03 06:25:10

Trajectory, what enemies you encounter are dependent on your level. It's fairly dynamic so there are no easy cutoff points to direct you to. I believe we did receive the email and it's on the list of things to look at to try to figure out what's up. Thanks for your patience.

I'll also add the Laying Down the Law quest as something that we may need to review.

2018-01-03 16:57:42

hello
yeah, I have to confirm what others sayd too. I can't get any dialog at marking rigges or bluffs, seem to be stuck to it, now

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2018-01-03 17:02:01

Hmph. So sorry about this, guys. I know the quest isn't totally bugged but this will definitely make it much harder. For the record, I have the day off work on Friday and will be spending as much of the day as possible working on a content patch. I'll try to get through all reported content bugs, if time allows.

2018-01-03 17:52:58

Really appreciate all the work you guys are doing, it's only been a few days since release, not even a week yet but wow.

2018-01-03 18:42:19

Thanks BlindNinja. We knew what we were signing up for when we decided to stick with our announced release date even though an onslaught of technical hurdles prevented us from testing the final build as extensively as we should have. So we are committed to getting everyone as stable and bug-free a game, as quickly as possible. If anything, I'm just sorry that people are encountering these issues at all.

2018-01-03 20:26:39

hi
regarding the quest with laying down the law... I strangely went to a pleateau, or rigge, or well, I think it was a dirt outcropping... big_smile and I got the following. this is a bandit campsite.
and I marked in on my map. so, somehow it worked. I wonder if I need to take them in any apparent order?

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."