2018-08-03 00:21:15

BryanP, I'm afraid I've had no luck getting that quest myself. I've found the letter and tried having the chat with both participants, but I too haven't had any luck thus far. I even thought of going back to the temple to see if I had to talk to the father to trigger the quest, but that didn't make any difference.

AKA president731

2018-08-03 21:38:25

Hey Bryan—I'm curious, now that you've had those two conversations with a certain someone, is she still hanging around the forge when you return to Farhaven? Or has she vanished like she's supposed to? If she's still hanging around, what does she say when you speak to her?

2018-08-04 08:44:18

Nice bugfixing Joseph! I really appreciate it...
And that updater is working really nicely too, thanks to Ian!
The only thing is that it doesn't delete the old changelog, but what ever LOL

2018-08-04 14:05:31

Hey Joseph,
so this isn't a new thing with this update, it is happening  since the game has been released, but I never posted it and was wondering if it is intentional.
Sometimes, when you load your save file, the game tells you entering none instead of telling your location. I can reproduce this pretty often so was wondering if this will be fixed?

2018-08-04 16:01:48

@Defender: It's our pleasure. I mean to be honest, some of these are things we managed to break in 1.3 so it's only fair that we should fix them, and as for other bugs, it's a good feeling to fix them as quickly as we can once they're reported. Personally, I'm loving the fact that the game can alert users for new updates, as it makes me feel like it's ok to release little patches that fix one or two bugs, rather than waiting until I have a large enough collection of fixes to make it worth doing a big email announcement.

@nidza07: This isn't really a bug, so much as slightly extraneous information—basically this happens any time you load a game and are in an area that doesn't have a region name. I suppose we can put it on the list of things to tweak in a future release, but since it's not technically broken, nor does it cause problems for players, it will be pretty far down the priority list.

Speaking of fixing broken things, patch 1.3.4 is out and ready to go, and for those curious to see what's been fixed, here is a list. This is actually a pretty significant one, as far as bug fixes go:

Changes
* Changed placement of torches in stairs to Adrianus manor to fix inconsistent sound behavior
* Fixed a bug in unit placement on exiting Adrianus Manor Basement
* Fixed a bug blocking access to Adrianus Mausoleum
*Fixed a bug where starting a new game from the main menu after dying doesn't clear the quest log, resulting in a variety of game-breaking bugs
*Fixed a bug causing some AI units to deal 0 damage to enemies
*Fixed a bug where using Switch Weapon skill in combination with two-handed weapons could clone items

Known Issues
*Gaining your first level up at the end of a character dialogue may cause the game to get stuck in a blank menu screen
*Unknown circumstance leads to enemies no longer taking their turns in combat;

2018-08-04 16:10:13

That is definitely okay, and you are right that it does not cause any inconvenience, except when loading an older save file and you are not sure where exactly are you, but that's not a big deal as you can usually   figure that out quickly enough.

2018-08-04 16:11:08

Bug report from my end... if you have blesed piece cary over from a previous playthrough and do the quest again, you will get the skill again so that it shows up twice in your skill list when fighting.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-08-04 18:21:06

Sorry for double posting... I'm curious about something and thought I'd ask for help as it's not coming back to me.

Slight spoilers!

In order to unlock fast travel for one particular area, you have to complete all the quests in that area right? I'm pretty sre I completed all the quests in silvershade... A House Divided, The Goblin King and I, Reunited, and the appropriate part of Pilgrim's Progress. Am I missing one? I haven't finished stolen from the rich, does that one count as part of the quest?

Second thing that I just remembered. I completed Reunited and saved Wilhelm, but can't do changing of the guard. It says I should talk to Captain Lucian about recommending Wilhelm as part of the guard... but talking to him gives me no options to do so. Am I missing a step?

End Spoilers.

Thanks for any help... it's been a couple months since I played, and I probably should've taken notes back then. lol

2018-08-04 19:03:40

I think I know your problem.  The issue with the silvershade fast travel reward is that it is one of two rewards you need to pick.  I forget the name of the exact quest, but it's the one where you try to help the goblin imprisoned in the cell.  If you betray him and side with the shaman, you get the summon undead spell and are locked out of fast travel.

2018-08-04 19:18:18

assault_freak: Regarding Blessed Peace, this has been fixed, but I think it's something that couldn't be retroactively fixed—meaning if you started your new game in an older version, before this bug was fixed, then it will still be bugged, but if you start a new game + in the later versions, it will work fine.

Regarding fast travel: You don't have to complete all quests in an area—fast travel for each area is a possible reward for one quest in each area...but it is also possible to miss out on fast travel. In all three areas, you can make decisions in quests that prevent you from unlocking fast travel.

Regarding the Changing of the Guard: I'm assuming you haven't completed Laying Down the Law? Lucian won't care what you have to say about Wilhelm yet because he doesn't like you or trust you.

2018-08-04 20:01:34

I'd like to see an ability to make some noise or something to get the attention of some of the roaming npc's you need to talk to along the way. This would mainly be John in the forest, the vampire slayer in the graveyard, and Liam in the tunnels. I end up waiting for them for a while which is tedious but not as much as trying to chase them down. Also, I asked this on twitter, and I asked this in an email. I don't recall getting a definite response, so I'll ask it here. Are you meant to keep your reward from haunted by the past? and adding to it with each playthrough?

2018-08-04 21:41:38

I thought I recalled replying to that email but it's possible I didn't—truth is, I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think you probably do keep the stat boosts, yet.

2018-08-05 06:38:01

Ah yes.. thanks to the last posts that answered my question. I forgot about both those points.. I am so rusty! I really should be taking notes...

2018-08-05 08:28:22 (edited by defender 2018-08-05 08:28:58)

Yeah actually a hailing feature would be nice... Cuz especially finding buffy and Liam, not to mention some of the faster walking guards is, not very fun LOL.
At least you can teleport to various spots in the area via fast travel and hopefully end up near them, which is kind of creepy if you think about it...

2018-08-05 16:16:21

There seems to be a bug related to the blessed peace thing... or maybe not. When going to upgrade my skills I get an error about something that involves rank 6 of blessed peace.. I presume because such a rank doesn't exist, or something. I can't even get past it to get to other skills... arrowing just gives repeated error messages until I press escape. So essentially the upgrade skils menu is unusable right now... I really hope that this isn't something t do with my save, because if I have to start all over again i am not going to be happy... I've collected too much good stuff, and this game's random item generation means I'll have to find it all again, and that's hopefully. lol

2018-08-05 19:11:23

Assault_Freak, I replied about the Blessed Peace bug back in post #1810...or was the game you're playing now started in version 1.3 or later? If so, maybe something is still broken...

@Defender: Buffy? You mean Hope? Ah, that's too funny to me...

2018-08-05 21:05:54

Regarding laying down the law quest:
Am I supposed to fight with bandits inside their campsites or just they appear as a random enemy just like goblins in the exterminator quest? I am guessing it's the first one, but I never saw anything useful inside ones I've looked in.

2018-08-05 22:52:21

To which stage of the Laying Down the Law quest are you referring? The answer will differ, depending on where you are in the quest...

2018-08-05 23:58:30

I-ve just talked to captain Lucian and started the quest.

2018-08-06 04:24:17

Then this stage is fairly similar to the Exterminator—just fight any bandits you encounter, and sooner or later the quest will update.

2018-08-06 05:54:04

embarrassingly enough, I actually said that on accident. LOL

2018-08-06 07:11:53

Joseph, if it's the same bug that we're talking about, then no... it's not the one I'm refering to. I'm talking about the fact that it actually refuses to let me upgrade skills because the script error gets in the way. I sent a speech log.

2018-08-06 10:42:25

Hello,
I just completed A hero's Call for the first time and I think it is an awesome game, although the ending is a Little strange.
But, I also have a question:
In Version 1.3 of AHC, the enemy type ghul was added: where and from which Level onward can I find them?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-08-06 15:19:38

@Defender: Oh I don't think it's embarrassing, I think it's a hilarious slip. We definitely were not subtle about modeling Hope and Liam as a nod to Buffy and Angel, and I think Melissa even channeled Sarah Michelle Gellar in her performance.

@assault_freak: Yes, I'm aware of the bug. What I'm saying is that, if I remember correctly, this is a bug that only presents itself on a New Game + that was started before a certain release. I need to look back at the script but I think that, after a certain release, we may actually scrub quest-reward skills from the player's skill set when you restart, to avoid this issue.

@Julian: Ghouls hang out in dark, enclosed areas—mines, tunnels, mausoleums, and catacombs. They're actually only likely to be encountered in a pretty small window—levels 13–21, if I remember right. That's how they were always planned, but with them being added so late, and with how well Drew did on the sound design for them, I'm thinking we need to add some different tiers with them, like we have with wolves, bears, etc., so that you can encounter them at higher levels as well. Hmm...that actually gives me an idea for an opportunity for some player feedback. Stay tuned...

2018-08-06 17:08:48

So essentially what I have to do is restart if I want to be able to upgrade my skillset. This si going to be one grind fest in order to get my items back... lol. I'm not looking forward to it. If there's one thing I wish for this game it's that item spawning was a little less random.