2018-01-18 23:03:56

Hi all, you guys are so helpful with answering questions questions. Only I think maybe my question was slightly lost in the shuffle. Anyway this is my situation.
I have found all the rune stones and laid the boss to rest, but Liam has yet to meet me where he told me. What am I missing? Thanks for any help with this!

2018-01-18 23:23:34

If I recall correctly, he tells you he'll meet you at the Ulcano mausoleum, which is true, but you have to explore the mausoleum a little further to find him. The area you're looking for is a bit southwest of Alastaire Ulcano's tomb.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-01-18 23:45:21

I still can't figure out where the chiefton's letter is for the life of me, lol. Been wanting to try and do all the quests.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-01-18 23:54:56

Hello. Please. how can I customize my game pat? It says that I can customize my controlls with keys.config. but in what program should I open it? thanks. It would be nice, if we can customize controlls in settings of this game, like in shadow line. smile

2018-01-18 23:55:36 (edited by LordLuceus 2018-01-18 23:56:26)

@mata, Do you have fast travel for the mines? The easiest way to find that letter is to fast travel to the goblin settlement and explore the tent directly in front of you. Note that it's a big tent with a couple of different rooms, as opposed to the usual one-room affair. If you don't have fast travel, that tent is somewhere in the northeast part of the settlement.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-01-18 23:58:41

@assault_freak: It's not a bug per se. Just an oddity in design. Gwen doesn't join your party when talking to her in the manor back yard, even if you've already spoken to Lord Adrianus. That doesn't happen until you exit the manor, at which point it will happen automatically.

@kratos: You can open the file in any text editor like Notepad or WordPad. Having an in-game menu for assigning controls is a feature we would like to add in the future as well, we just haven't been able to implement it yet.

2018-01-18 23:59:50

I figured it out right after posting. Kicked myself pretty hard for forgeting that fact... lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-01-19 00:15:47 (edited by kratos 2018-01-19 00:18:33)

Ouh. and another question. Please, if there will be any update, what should I know it?

2018-01-19 00:19:02

We're working on a way for the game to notify you when there is an update (though of course, whenever those changes are implemented, you'll have to update the game in order to take advantage of them). In the meantime, we will email all active game accounts whenever there is an update.

2018-01-19 00:27:54

Greetings all.
I did use the search feature and nothing came up. Firstly regarding leveling, I take it there is no limit to how much you can level? If that's the case, what is the maximum level you can acquire a skill/spell providing you've purchased everything? Is there anything beyond level 50? The reason I ask is that I want to obtain everything before multiclassing.
Secondly, does leveling actually increase the damage you do or is that purely determined by your stats, spell/skill ranking and armor/weapon ratings? The reason why I ask is because if level does play a part in that, I'd want to level as much as possible before starting a new game.
Thirdly, how is experience to next level calculated? Is there ever a point where theoretically it would be a waste of time to try to level up because the mobs just don't give you any decent experience? Also, when you do eventually multiclass, can you still find say meteoric shields just lying around or will he equipment go back to being what you'd find if you were truly level 1? The reason I ask is because if that's the case then it'd be best to get what you want before multiclassing.
Finally, if you multiclass back into your old class, do you still keep everything you've learned and are you still at level 100 or do you have to learn it again and you're at level 1? If you don't forget anything but you're at level 1, theoretically if you're a mage, you can select another attunement and still keep heatwave if you don't forget anything.
Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2018-01-19 00:30:17

well I've found the laying down the law quest and completed the first stage.
I'm onto the second stage now and I need help with it.
but first I don't know how to complete the getting at the hart quest.
I found the ancient road which is to the west but When I get there I'm not sure where to go or if I should kill the wolves or bandits.

2018-01-19 00:30:25

Joseph, thanks a lot! I found the book under the great fort in the western ruins, something that I forgot to have a look in.

2018-01-19 01:42:49

Some of the questions you asked about levelling have already been answered, some have not.
To wit: enemies and gear scale with you, so if you restart at level 45, you'll have much better loot lying around than if you started fresh from level 1.
If you restart and pick a different class, all the skills and spells you had from your other class are locked. There is, as far as I understand, currently a bug if you try to pick the same class in a new game.

As far as "how high can I go before I cap" sort of questions, my advice is play and find out.
The higher you go, though, the meaner mobs get. When you get your party again, they will be in gear that's not all that amazing, and this can cause them to get kicked around pretty hard if you're not careful. Your party will be at whatever level they ended your previous game at, but they'll have all their expertise and attribute points back, so you can re-spec them. Remember, though, that if you, say, pick an elemental attunement with Gwen, she'll still only gain one spell per level, even if she's high enough to max everything in a given skill tree. Goes for anyone else too, for that matter.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-19 03:18:16

Spoilers
Incoming
Read
At
Own
Risk
So I'm trying, and failing, to find the journal that triggers the "Brother's Keeper" quest. I know Liam found it on a skeleton, but I've done two circuits of the first ring of the tree and checked what feels like all the passages. I found the first lever on my own but I wanna find the book so I can get another quest down. I'm getting dizzy trying to wend my way through those paths to find the right skeleton...
End
Of
Spoilers

2018-01-19 03:18:42

My warrior stil had all his old skills when I renamed him and assigned him a mage class so I could use a warrior that was also well versed in fire magic. I wish gold wasn't more than half reset.. since unfortunately, prices still scale with you where the amount of gold that's attainable doesn't, at least not for the begining. lol

2018-01-19 04:17:19 (edited by ambro86 2018-01-19 04:35:21)

Joseph Westhouse wrote:

Ambro86, I don't have much to say about the navigation that hasn't already been said. While I understand what you're saying, in theory, at the end of the day you can't simply flip a switch and say "Navigation Option 2 is available." Because the two options are fundamentally different perspectives. The perspective of the game is first-person, not third-person. You exist in the same space as the main character. Could we make the a third-person navigation mode? Yes, but it would not be the game we designed, because we designed a first-person game. If you prefer to navigate in a top-down third-person mode, we have provided this option by allowing you to explore the map in this perspective. But for actually exploring the world—interacting with things, hearing the sounds around you, walking through locations—third-person navigation isn't an option because that's not the way the game is designed.

Hi Joseph, thank you for your kind reply. I understand the perspective of this game. In this second playthrough I'm trying not to use the topdown navigation I was used to. Slowly I can always better understand how to transfer my ability to move from a type of navigation, which in any case I find more intuitive, the topdown one, to the first-person one. In my opinion the disadvantage for a blind person is that his game vision is filtered a lot by the navigation system used in that game. For example, a sighted person does not have this disadvantage. With any type of navigation is used he will always see his character and orientate in the same way. For example, for us, I notice that with the topdown, moving with different arrow keys, it favors better (according to me) the spatial location of oneself. In any case, I like this game a lot, its history, the audio dialogues, etc., I'm finding other tricks that can make me better orientate in the first-person system. For example, one of these is to orientate me using a wall as a reference point. This is very similar to how I move in reality. But I have noticed that when you move in a complicated area, having the wall as a reference point can help you better understand where you are and where you are going.
Thanks again for your work and I hope that over time also will be corrected the bugs when the game crashes without saying anything, and it opens the window that says "A Hero's Call does not respond".
Cheers,
Ambro

2018-01-19 04:56:34

Spoilers
Again
Sort of
Okay, I've gone round and round this tree about five times now and still no book! I'm not going into the second ring now in case finding the prison before I find the book breaks the quest. I need this book, but I just ... can't ... find ... it, and I've gone through what feels like every single passage in the first ring to no avail. I know it's on a skeleton but every single time I find one it's an ordinary one.
End
Spoilers

2018-01-19 06:45:59

Not sure which book specifically you're refering to. If it's the one I think you're after...

spoilers
start
here

You have t enter the prison to find it.

end
spoilers
here.

2018-01-19 07:00:16 (edited by nyanchan 2018-01-19 07:01:41)

Well, I'm planning to do a complete playthrough for Japanese players and seeking for pointers for quests that I couldn't really trigger. If anyone could suggest me places to look at, it would be highly appreciated.
Haunted By the Past: I guess it lies somewhere near the graveyard, but yeah, dunno.
Business as Usual: I have actually triggered it, but might have permanently broke it. I'm trying to collect the first objective which is locked in the Valenport mausoleum, but there seems to be nothing worth there. Before that quest started, I actually managed to get there from Catacoms and Simeon unlocked a door. I think that was where the objective was. However, since the quest was still inactive at that time, the game did nothing and just made the unlocked door useless. After getting the quest, I headed back to the locked door again using previously set beacon, but the door had been magically transformed into a door leading to Valenport mausoleum. I don't know what's going on.
Changing of the Guard: I'm sure this quest is broken for my first playthrough because I couldn't let Wilhelm escape alive.
If all of these will be solved, yay! 35!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-01-19 07:00:47

Thanks for that Jade; much appreciated.

2018-01-19 07:27:27

Spoilers
Coming
Up.
It's the Rangers Journal, not the book on the skeleton in the prison. I want the Brother's Keeper quest before I get the Balancing Act one.
End
Of
Spoilers

2018-01-19 07:29:55

Spoilers

That's not in the tree. That's in the ruined fort. smile

2018-01-19 07:37:07

Ahoy all
Spoilers below
@nyanchan, a few hints for your quests.
Haunted By the Past: Talk to the ranger after you get him in your party? I think thats the one..
Business as Usual: mmm, I guess that maybe it,but still try entering from the door that has been unlocked?
For the life of me I just cant remember this one even though I did it a few days ago...
Changing of the Guard: this is indeed broken in version 1.2,but not the part you are at. you are doing something wrong. The poor miner cant handle the gards alone,perhaps you could setup a distraction for the gards before you unlock him so that he can escape?
hth

on another note,I have started a replay with my level 50 party on hard mode,thinking this should be farely easy actually,but I may have encountered a bug.
my warrior was wielding a goblin sive when I reset it,turned him into a necro (but I believe this part is irrelevent) and the weapon does 0 damage to everything.
where as my hammer does good damage.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-01-19 07:59:40

@assaultFreak
spoilers
Just
In case
Now you're thinking of the one that tells you how to open the tree. I got that. Liam found this one in the tree itself, in the first ring. And I have been around the first ring six or seven times now without finding it.

2018-01-19 09:19:25

slight
spoilers

I hate to say this, but the journal which will give you the lever positions when you read it is in the first ring somewhere, in one of the little dead ends. It's beastly difficult to find sometimes. I believe I found it in the southeast part though, for whatever that's worth. If you haven't found it, it's because you're missing a skeleton, or because this quest has become bugged somehow, which I doubt. It's also possible you snagged the journal without realizing, so just to be 100% sure, go through your inventory and have a look.

spoiler
end

For me, personally, having a mage-warrior type would be a not-so-great idea. Once the warrior starts donning heavy gear, he'll have trouble with magic and his mana costs will go up. He'll also be a high-level warrior with bad stats for his class. Personally I'd figure the best build would be to keep mage/necro/priest together.

Also, to the person who said that gold didn't scale? I'm pretty sure it does scale, a little...but one thing that definitely does is all the loot you can get. Just run around collecting and selling loot. You'll make a killing.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1