2018-01-13 18:21:35

@1001 and 1019 the horse maybe smelled like the flowers Also as far as accidentally deleting saved files I've done that like twice. 
Now, a question. My mage is like gwen a battlemage but he keeps dying and getting hit hella hard on normal. is there any armor i can get him that won't restrict magic usage yet still elp him be more protected? he's like lvl 12 and i feel like even with 170 hp or something along that range he's squishy. any suggestions? should i up his con? i thinkit's at 11 now

2018-01-13 18:29:08 (edited by defender 2018-01-13 18:36:44)

I have 34 completed quests, I'm guessing the one missing is that changing the guard one that you only get if you rescue Wilhelm.
This is in response to alex and michael.

Slight spoilers
Michael
go find the thief, and get the steelflesh robes from the manor gallery.
You can also search for rings of shielding.
Later on you will find all sorts of nice Elvin equipment that will not reduce magic.

Alex
the one your missing is called (the slayer) and you can find it in the graveyard.
End slight spoilers

2018-01-13 18:39:44

dammit think i accidentally sold the steel flesh robes. dammit dammit. lol.

2018-01-13 19:13:46 (edited by AlexN94 2018-01-13 19:22:15)

@Defender: Oh, interesting. I'll have a look around smile I do have an idea of what to do based on that, but we'll see if I'm right.

[DEIT]
Spoilerish stuff
I was right, hah. This is odd though, Liam joined me thrice O.O Anyone else having that problem?)
Spoilers end
[/EDIT]

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2018-01-13 19:17:28

AlexN94 wrote:

For those who asked for a list of the quest, here's all the ones I managed to complete.

Spoilerish
Stuff
Here

completed quests
Pilgrim's Progress
A Balancing Act
Laying Down the Law
Betrayed
Brother's Keeper
Getting at the Heart
You Can Lead a Horse to Water...
The Good Shepherd
Stolen From the Rich
Time in a Bottle
Finding the Founders
Who Framed Rogarr Rabgurg?
The Sweet Smell of Success
Tools of the Trade
Test Your Metal
Supply Lines
A House Divided
No Rest for the Wicked
Family Legacy
Trouble Sleeping
Horsepower
Strange Bedfellows
Predators and Prey
The Exterminator
Ancient Evil
A Hero's Call
The Ties That Bind
An Offer of Aid
Reunited
Haunted By the Past
The Goblin King and I
Business as Usual
Actually Love
Changing of the Guard

If there's supposed to be 35 though, then I guess I've missed one. Does anyone know if there's one tied to the crystal cavern? I never found one, but that place seems important.

Spoilerish
Stuff
Ends

Hi
you are missing a quest called: the Slayer (go and talk to Hope to trigger it).
in my tern I'm missing the quest called: Haunted by the past, can you tell me how to trigger it?
Thanks in advance

2018-01-13 19:23:56

@Hasajaza:

Spoiler stuff

There's a lake around the ancient ritual altar in the western part of the forest, have a look around there and see if you find something.
Spoilers end

2018-01-13 19:38:29

A little clarification about damage bonus effects: as stated above, weapons with a damage bonus only apply that bonus when the weapon is being used. Items like rings, amulets, etc. that apply a bonus do so to the character as a whole. At least I think that's how it works—honestly it's been a while since I've interacted with that logic.

@Nick #1009: There is almost no chance that I will do that. Partially because it would be a lot of work that I don't have time for, and partially because everything about this game is geared toward encouraging players to explore and discover things for themselves. If someone else wants to make such a walkthrough, that's fine, but providing one officially from Out of Sight Games would work directly against what we're trying to accomplish with a game like this.

@Jayde #1019: That's not a bad idea though offhand I'm not sure how easy it would be—save files are on the engine end, not the script end, which is more Ian's gig than mine. Though honestly I figured having it default to "Create a New Save" was the safest way to go, to avoid accidental overwrites. I guess it depends on the user.

@michaelhoffman #1026: This is an important part of game balance, since magic tends to hit harder than physical attacks (on the majority of enemies that is). Until you can find non-restrictive armor (there is some) rings of shielding are going to be your best friend. Sometimes you have to find the right balance between restricting magic enough that you aren't too squishy, but can still use skills effectively.

***Tiny Spoiler and Question***

I've been trying to track down the source of Liam cloning himself when fighting the vampires, and can't seem to replicate it on my end. If anyone is able to get this to occur, it would be helpful if you could give me your exact course of action. (i.e., "I talked to Hope, and she said to meet her at the vampire den. Then I fast traveled to the forest. Then I fast traveled to Farhaven. Then I walked out the gate into the graveyard. Then I fast traveled to Valenport Mausoleum. Then I walked to the vampire den. Then I told Hope I wasn't ready to fight. Then I talked to Hope again and started the fight." Or whatever that sequence may be for you.

2018-01-13 19:46:10

hi,
How do you begin the betrayed quest? And what lake? Is it in ruins or main forest.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-01-13 19:48:40

Hey Joseph. I can't remember if i sent this to you and I'll send it as soon as i mention it hear. but after you complete the amulet quest when you fight the spirit in the temple {sorry for spoilers{ the priest clones himself or at least his voice does while he's aying it's over blah blah blah there is a voice to my left saying his normal stuff so you can find him.

2018-01-13 19:58:18

I've never gotten Liam to clone, but I have seen an issue where Father Ignatius can be heard at two different times. In the Trouble Sleeping quest, he has spoken dialogue after the fight, but his map iteration is also talking, as it is wont to do when you're in earshot, so you can hear two different versions of his voice. It's all fine as soon as the dialogue ends and whatnot, but still.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-13 20:05:08

Yeah that's the one i'm referring  to.
On another note. does blaing weapon do anything I've not seen any advantage to using it.

2018-01-13 20:53:31 (edited by AlexN94 2018-01-13 20:54:10)

@Joseph: I talked to her and then walked all the way to the den... To be honest I had completely forgotten about fast travel, that would've made it much faster...Someone was clever when naming that! Anyway, I got there and basically just picked the first option when I had multiple ones.
I know that's probably not of much help, but that's all I can really give. Hitting I after the battle shows three of him as well, yet only one seems to show when I use CTRL+A or D.
There's not, somehow, a way that he could load multiple times up there so that the cloning isn't necessarily happening at that moment?

2018-01-13 21:08:02

Wow this topic is spreading like wildfire. I don't blame people for doing that because it is a very good game.

2018-01-13 21:28:30

Slight spoilers
Can anyone tell me the locations of all the wolf dens? I think i'm missing one but for the sake of god can't find it.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-01-13 22:13:06

Spoilers up coming.
I need help with the betrayed quest. I don’t seem to have it either in my completed quests or uncompleted ones. When I go to the lake in the part of the forest where the big tree and the ritual alter are, I don’t see anything. It was said a few posts back that you would find something either in or near the lake. I can’t seem to find anything to open the quest.

2018-01-13 22:20:46

Huh how did my attack speed get to minus 23? wierd?

2018-01-13 22:21:12

Has anyone else found themselves suddenly walking forward at the same pace as they normally walk sideways, and had the left and right arrows turn them instead of walking sideways, as well as the a and d keys turning you when pressed on their own. It's happened to me a few times and I don't know what I did to trigger it, but it wasn't happening before the last update.

2018-01-13 22:35:21

@Joseph, regarding Liam.
I talked to Hope and she asked for help.
Then I asked her about tips for fighting vampires.
Then I told her I will meet her in the den.
Then I used the beacon to lead me there.
When Liam showed up, I told him it is nice to see him.
At the end I said I am ready to fight.
Then I got the message that Liam joined twice, and after the battle there were  two of them listed after pressing I.

2018-01-13 23:06:01

spoiler
I don't see anything in the lake or in the clearing to start the betrayed quest.
spoiler end
also has anyone had trouble with the changing of the guard quest where when you talk to the guard captain and go back to willham theirs no option to tell him that you talked to the captain.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-01-13 23:29:32

@michaelhoffman #1034: THere's a "Known Issues" list in the 1.2 change log—this is one of them. Can't quite figure out why its happening, actually. Side note, I know the formatting of the change log is weird. Will fix that soon.

@the imaginatrix #1042: It sounds like your Keys.config file is messed up somehow, or that the game thinks you are always holding the shift keys. Weird. What files do you see in your Data for RPG folder which aren't in sub-folders?

***Spoilers for Betrayed and Haunted By the Past***

Betrayed has nothing to do with the lake or clearing—I think people are mixing this up with Haunted by the Past. Betrayed will be encountered as part of the main story—there is no way to trigger it apart from following the main storyline.

2018-01-13 23:57:16 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-01-14 00:12:15)

Edit: Did the wrong folder.
In the Data for RPG folder, there are only three files not in nested folders: Adventure.dat, Game.config and keys.config.
I've been able to restore normal behaviour by pressing "m" to open the map menu and then escaping. One of the other times I closed the game with the Task manager.

2018-01-14 01:08:15

Thanks for the clarification about the damage bonus affects, Joseph. So to be clear, weapons with the affect only boost damage using that weapon, while rings or other equipment boost all damage of that type, whether done by magic or a weapon? I assume the weapon charging skills, like Blessed Weapon only affect weapon attacks, whereas something like Lightning Shield impacts any lightning damage. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

2018-01-14 01:26:38

My combat speed rather. wierd.

2018-01-14 01:28:38

sorry I meant my combat speed lol.

2018-01-14 03:00:07

Does weapon with no additional stat do anything if held off-hand?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.