2017-12-30 00:06:44

We are thrilled to announce the release of A Hero’s Call, a fully accessible fantasy RPG from Out of Sight Games!

The game can be purchased for $19.95 USD at the following link: http://outofsightgames.com/a-heros-call/

Please reach out if you have any difficulty with the purchase process or have any questions. We also did not have the luxury of testing the final build as extensively as we would have liked, so we will be patching any issues that you find as quickly as possible. If you encounter an error, please post it here or email to [email protected]

This has been a moment almost five years in the making, and we can’t believe it’s finally here! Happy adventuring—may this game bring you all as much joy playing as it brought us making it.

Sincerely,

The Out of Sight Games Team

Experience exploration and adventure like never before! In the premier title from Out of Sight Games, you are a traveler thrust into a world of possibilities when you find the city of Farhaven under attack by a mysterious enemy. Along with a small band of allies, you must explore the surrounding lands, discover the identity of your enigmatic foe, and save Farhaven from certain conquest. Do you have what it takes to answer a hero’s call?

Discover an expansive world – Venture forth from the town of Farhaven to explore mysterious forests, goblin-infested tunnels, haunted catacombs, and much more. With 17 unique maps, you’ll always have new lands to explore. Follow an innovative turn-by-turn beacon system to locations you’ve already discovered, or venture out on your own—you never know what you might find!
Gather your allies – Expand your party with four unique allies; the feisty daughter of a powerful governor, a noble ranger with a troubled past, an idealistic priestess, and a sarcastic thief with a heart (and pockets full) of gold. Each brings their own skills and bonuses to the party, and opens up new possibilities in the world of Farhaven. Talking to your party members and traveling with them will open character-specific quest opportunities that delve deeper into each party member's personality and history.
Engage with a dynamic world – Meet over 40 NPCs, with dynamic behaviors and dialogues affected by your choices and actions. Some will fight alongside you, while others may have secrets to reveal.
Build your character – Choose from one of six different classes, each with unique skills, and tailor your attributes for your specific style of play. Will you be a stealthy thief? A hardy warrior? A strong-willed mage? The choice is yours.
Hone your skills – Gain experience to level up and learn new skills. With over 80 unique options to choose from, you can develop any combat style. Will you wield melee or ranged weapons? Strike down your opponents with the power of the elements, or attack from the shadows? Heal and defend with holy magic, or strike terror with the powers of necromancy?
Customize your gear – Buy equipment from shops, take it from fallen enemies, or discover it as you explore. With hundreds of items to choose from, you will always be able to choose the armor and weapons that best suit your character.
Test your might – As you explore, encounter over 70 different enemies—from bandits and wolves to giant spiders, golems, and dragons, you will never be lacking for foes to vanquish. Turn-based combat provides comfort for players of all skill levels, while positional audio puts you in the center of visceral, action-packed battles.
Build your legend – Whether you pursue the main story, or one of over two dozen side quests, you will be part of an epic narrative. And as you explore lands with a rich history, read lore in books and scrolls, and talk to the citizens of Farhaven, you’ll feel like yours is just part of a much larger story.

2017-12-30 00:09:35

woooooooooooooooooooow, nice nice nice
Can't wait to try it out,
thanks for the awesome game

2017-12-30 00:11:09

Just bought the game.  Paypal was a little glitchy, telling me my session had timed out but I was able to complete the transaction on my second try.  I look forward to trying this thing out. smile

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2017-12-30 00:11:30

yea! buying now!

2017-12-30 00:12:16

Congrats! Can't wait to play!

Game Man

2017-12-30 00:17:48

Just placed an order and now just waiting.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-12-30 00:19:44

Finally, that day has come. I have what it takes to answer A Hero's Call, so let's go.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-12-30 00:29:18

Downloading it now.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-12-30 00:29:58

This is awesome, for sure... I'm nearly speechless, unable to find the right words to show my excitement...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-30 00:33:16

About time! This just turned my whole boring Friday on its head... but I would recomend everyone wanting help or asking questions start individual threads, or else this is going to make the BK 3 and old swamp topics look tiny in comparison!

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-12-30 00:37:37

Want to buy it! want to buy it!

73 Wj3u

2017-12-30 00:41:24

Hi.
Placed my order and now downloading the game, woof, 1.0 gigs for an audiogame, shit am I excited, probably looking like a tail wagging dog right now.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-12-30 00:43:18

Just bought it, only thing stopping me now is the download speed. Lol. Our old pal Liam is also doing a stream on the game! Why not listen to that while you wait for your download to complete? And then play the game and keep the stream is the background, how bout that! Lol

2017-12-30 00:43:32

Now purchased. now what?

73 Wj3u

2017-12-30 00:43:33

Bought, will download now.

2017-12-30 00:44:20

You know, we should give a congrats to outofsight to actually meeting their goal through all the hype of a release of their game on time.
Rarely actually are any of our games released actually fully on time, and after the breakerbox thing, we have grown to well unless it happens that is.
The cost in nz bucks for me was 30 bucks, which is what I would probably pay at the store for a game of this type.
Actually I'd pay for that from a bargain bin, we may bitch and moan about our prices but sighted games unless they are in the cheap pile cost between 50-150 dollars brand new.
Now who predicted the filesize should get a damn medal of honor its exactly 1gb zip file.
You do need to get an account on blindgamers.com for this, I have the soundtracks and now I have this, I really hope this is good guys, buying it was easy as punching a bag.
The only thing I wish is that one is taken back to outofsight  or notified that they will get info it doesn't matter its all in email, to be sure I have backed up my information.
However, this game with all the hype about it well heck when the graphics packs come out to be sure I will be playing this with my friends wow guys.
Going to be one of the first to hoe into this beast, maybe not necessarily today but tomorrow after all my chores, I plan to stay up new years eve with this going on.
This is an epic thing.
Will we be able to get the bonus packs etc as dlc or something in game or is that something we need to get later on.

2017-12-30 00:52:50 (edited by Dakonna 2017-12-30 00:53:11)

Alright, the game's already downloading, really really looking forward to this! now if only my download speeds would be larger... @crashmaster, they have stated multiple times in the release date topic that no, you cannot get the bonus packs if you didn't back the kickstarter.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-12-30 00:53:38

15 percent downloaded. The download speeds are pretty decent actually considering that we're just a few minutes into the initial rush. Perhaps I beet a big wave of people who aren't checking the forums every 5 minutes?
Now I'm only a bit sad it's too late to cancel my paratransit trip to a coffee shop later this evening. Ah well, I'll be bringing my laptop anyway so it just means I'll be interrupted a couple of times for 10 minutes or so each.
Congrats Joseph. This is your hour of fame. I hope you enjoy it, you've earned it. Thank you for doing more, and for proving that doing more is possible.
I'll be staying away from forum topics for now, until I'm reasonably sure I won't find too many spoilers.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-12-30 00:56:25

hi
ok first error:d
I m change language
and when I want back English language I m press alt . l
I have message
---------------------------

An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this error.  You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control + C.  Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send the email to [email protected].
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'protobuf-net, Version=2.0.0.640, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=257b51d87d2e4d67' or one of its dependencies. Invalid pointer (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004003 (E_POINTER))

File name: 'protobuf-net, Version=2.0.0.640, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=257b51d87d2e4d67' ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'protobuf-net, Version=2.0.0.640, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=257b51d87d2e4d67' or one of its dependencies. Invalid pointer (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004003 (E_POINTER))

File name: 'protobuf-net, Version=2.0.0.640, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=257b51d87d2e4d67' ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at AssemblyLoader.AssemblyLoader.CurrentDomain_AssemblyResolve(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args)

at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

at AssemblyLoader.AssemblyLoader.CurrentDomain_AssemblyResolve(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args)

at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)

at Ian.ProtobufSerializationService.Serialize(Stream stream, Object obj)

at Ian.TranslateLogic.SaveOnDemandCache(String languageCode, Dictionary`2 onDemandCache) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Translate\TranslateLogic.cs:line 158

at Ian.TranslateAPI.SetTargetLanguage(String languageCode) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Translate\TranslateAPI.cs:line 37

at Ian.FPLogic.HandleCommonKeys(IFPWorld ent) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\FirstPerson\FPLogic.cs:line 165

at Ian.RPGGlobalScene.Process() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGGlobalScene.cs:line 24

at Ian.SceneMachine.Process() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\SceneMachine.cs:line 58

at Ian.RPGGameLoop.InnerSingleLoop() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGGameLoop.cs:line 92

at Ian.Perf.TimeIt(PerfInfo pi, SystemPerfInfo spi, Action command) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Core\Perf2.cs:line 81

at Ian.RPGGameLoop.TimeInnerSingleLoop() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGGameLoop.cs:line 30

at Ian.GameLoopLogic.RunLoops(IGameWorld ent, Action runSingleLoop, Double totalElapsedSeconds, Double fixedTimeStep) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameLoopLogic.cs:line 32

at Ian.RPGGameLoop.RunLoops() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGGameLoop.cs:line 25

at Ian.MGGameWindow.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Platform\MGGameWindow.cs:line 91

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.OpenTKGamePlatform.RunLoop()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()

at Ian.MGGameWindow.Ian.IGameWindow.Run()

at Ian.RPGStartup.RunMainLogic() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGStartup.cs:line 114

at Ian.RPGStartup.PerformStandardStartup() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGStartup.cs:line 21

OK   

2017-12-30 00:59:26

Hi,
There is a little problem over here.
I did back the game on kick starter, but I didn't get my copy yet.
However, my friend already did.
Just checking that there is nothing wrong from my end or something.

2017-12-30 01:00:28

Haven't received my kick starter email with game instructions either, hoping I will get it soon as I've waited with email refreshed heh!

don't look back, cause you'll loose the road ahead.

2017-12-30 01:03:51

Hi.
Oh dear, the rush is on now, my download isnt even starting correctly xD.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-12-30 01:03:57

Lol just purchased this game for a friend, then for myself. Waiting on tinderhooks for my download link email... I think the server may have overloaded lol.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2017-12-30 01:06:59

For me it downloads slow, I think was the

73 Wj3u

2017-12-30 01:10:33

i bought the game but have not gotten any link.

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!