2017-12-21 12:23:25

Introduction

As it's the season of peace and good will to all men, not to mention really terrible   Christmas cracker jokes, there seemed no better way to celebrate than by getting everyone to get really competitive.

here is your chance to win a custom forum rank. So instead of having the default post count shades of newbie, galaxy ranger, Kitchin golfer  etc as your rank title, I will, with my own to hands write out whatever title you wish.
The full list of ranks can be seen in the site and forum faq,

How do you win this prestigious award?

Easy!
As anyone has noticed there are now a lot  of audiogames, for several different platforms. Therefore it seems like a good idea that we should expand the current ranks system to cover a few more games.

Currently there are 43 rank titles, at 0, 25, 100 and 250 posts, and then for every 250 posts there after up to 10000.

Given the ever expanding number  of audiogames, I thought it might be fun to also expand our number of rank titles, and instead of leaving this up to my deranged brain, I thought it might be fun to leave this to the possibly deranged brains of our loyal members.

What you have to do

To win a custom rank title all you need to do is reply to this topic suggesting a possible rank title to be added to the list of site ranks.

The rules

Only one entry per member. Please reply to this topic with your rank title suggestion. You may suggest a rank title for any audiogame on any platform, produced at any time that doesn't currently have one (for details of what games currently have rank titles based on them please see the list in the faq).

The title must be based on a game that is an audiogame, ie it must contain audio as well as text, though it's possible we might make exceptions for long standing textual games with a heavy  audio element and screen reader adaptation as we have in the cases of King of dragon pass, adventure to fate and Alteraeon.

It may be a game that doesn't currently have a db page so long  it is likely to get a db page in the future, ie, it is an accessible game, therefore, no titles based on graphical mainstream games such as street fighter or mortal combat.

title suggestions must be based on actual games. A general gaming term such as roleplayer, mudder etc is not acceptable.

there is no rule that two entries cannot refer to the same game, though manifestly copying someone else's entry exactly is a bad idea.

please only reply to this topic with possible suggestions including the name of the game your suggesting  rank title for, and the suggestion of your title. If you have questions about the competition, please ask them in The site and forum feedback area any posts in this topic which do not contain suggestions will be deleted.

The competition will be open from now, Thursday December 21st, and will close on the first of January 2018, though if we don't have enough entries by  then time may be extended.

Judgement of winning entries will be made by myself and the moderation team and will be based on the titles we find funniest/cleverest, rather than on say what games we like or what games are new.

Note to moderators

If any moderators want to enter your quite free to do so, however making an entry obviously disqualifies you from judging the competition.

If all the mods enter then the competition gets judged by me alone, and I'll be sure to let everyone know where to send your bribes big_smile.

Prizes

As well as having their rank title suggestions added to the list,, people who come up with the ten best entries will be able to choose a custom title.

This may be literally anything you like within reason (ie nothing too offensive please), and does not need to be based on anything to do with gaming, details of the winners and how to decide on your title will be posted in another news item when the competition is over.

Now, feel free to put on your festive thinking caps and we'll prepare for pun nish ment! big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-21 14:05:27

Well, liked the idea of new ranks since we have a lot of coming new games. The rank I'm thinking of has to do with Crazy Party, but I'm not sure of how to formulate it. Crazy gamer probably? Just my humble thoughts.

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-21 14:27:45

Hi everyone,

Here's a possible suggestion for a forum rank title: "Playroom playboy"

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-21 16:41:01

Hero caller! I know its not released yet, but it will be soon.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-21 16:46:53

Hello, relatively new here so I'm going to reference a relatively new game on a very new platform.

The game I'm going to reference is "Six Swords." Which you can play on the Amazon Echo.

6-blade Master

I was originally thinking of a Crazy Party one because that game is in my opinion the best audiogame of all time, but I figured there'd be enough of those.

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-21 23:27:02

shadow of last hope? lol

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-22 00:51:13

hi all.
This is deffenetly going to be very interesting, I have all reddy suggested for more ranks to be added, so I will contribute. I have got to admit that I have got fuckload of ideas but because I can post only one, I am going to post only one I guess. to bad but well, hopefully there will be other chanses smile.
My rank suggestion is based on a game called scrolling battles, your world, it's one of my favorite online games.
and the rank it self is...
Scrolling in his own world.
hahahaahaha, hope you like it! big_smile

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-22 04:21:10

Clicker Captain
in reference to clicker games, but if I need to specify one, Merry Clickmas

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-22 05:10:55

oh I can only go for one? I had 2 in mind from the same developer. so ignoring beedbrain which some people may find insulting, how about rocky raider, from rocky water's spaceyvaders.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-22 10:44:45

Coming into this I had no ideas. Then 1. Then 2. and finally 3. So let's just go with the very latest one I came up with...:

Master of mana. Based on Manamon from VGStorm

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-22 13:48:44

Hi.
The rank i wanna suggest is from the game code7.
The rank is ...
7th code hacker.
Probably won't win, but what ever.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-23 02:21:11

I got this from cosmic rage. I've got lots in mind from that, but how about Dark Matter Miner in reference to Dark Matter Mining?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-23 21:03:10

game: Adventure at c:

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2017-12-23 21:17:19

I can't think of too many good titles, but there is one from Adventure at c: which I'm gonna put here, and it is cyber slayer.

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-24 06:04:22

About Super Egg Hunt.
Egg hunter

Cristian.

2017-12-24 06:20:45

I have to write this out before I forget it. I guess this is my entry. I thought a crazy Party reference could be done great justice. So, without further a due:

Game: Crazy Party
Rank name: Crazy Poster

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-24 21:47:20

Hi all,

I also want to submit a new rank, it is based on merryclickmass, wich i also very like. The rank wich i want to submit is: clicktonian

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2017-12-25 04:21:19

Pragmatic Party Professional, from the game Crazy Party

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-12-26 01:17:14

Really, just one? :-)
All right then, Time Adventurer from the now unavailable Time Adventures by Code Factory.

By the way, for one, I realy like Clicker Captain, Hero Caller, Playboy and Crazy Poster. The judgment is definitely going to be tough. :-)

Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-26 11:10:38

My entry:

Game: tactical battle

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-26 14:05:33

Well, I like the idea with human antivirus but here is my entry:
Kingdom crafter from the Crafting kingdom.
I am not sure if it will win, but aniway here it was.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-26 14:18:15

well I really like the idea so I'll throw out my idea, I hope you'll like it. smile
game: red spot
this is a refference to the harry potter books but also to the funny way in which some guys call red spot, red pots. Oh... it's a refference to pot aswell smile

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-27 08:49:00

Well, thought I would have a go with this competition, win or lose I don't really know. But here goes.

Game: Survive The Wild

Hope this makes sense.

2017-12-29 06:57:05

Ok, it took me a while, but I finally got one that I'm satisfied with. Mine is also on AHC.

Hahaha isn't it awesome ?

Don't wanna shoot in my own foot here but I also liked Scrolling in his own world.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

Thumbs up +1

2017-12-30 00:47:02

Surviver of the labyrinths perhaps for STW

Life is one so live it

Thumbs up +1