2017-12-16 11:06:46

I just ran it again with all volumes set to 100 and got the same result.

2017-12-16 11:19:59

@rpgtank how did you know when to press ctrl plus v. did you hear the message in the beginning? also, can you hear the game dialogue voices or are they missing as well?
the system voices are external. it sounds to me like you have no audio coming from the game at all? there could be several things in your operating system causing this.

2017-12-16 12:30:20

I don't get any audoio from the game. I only new to press ctrl v because I have enough vision to tell when the menu comes up.

2017-12-16 12:39:25

@rpgtank sorry to hear that but it means that there is a problem with your operating system. we are not experts on that topic though. do you have no problems getting audio from other programs? did you maybe change your speaker setup some time ago?

2017-12-16 14:08:53

It only happens with code7.

2017-12-16 16:52:30

Quick question.

Since it has been a few months since I played episode 0 and have pretty much forgotten what happened in it, I'm thinking of going back and replaying it just for a refresher.

So, my question is, is episode 0 contained in the full game, or do I need to run the separate episode 0 game to play it?

Thanks!

2017-12-16 17:03:55

@Orko episode 0 is included

2017-12-16 18:11:24

@Kevin I have tried lowering the graphics to the minimum setting but that doesn't fix the issue. Is this related to Unity or just the game graphics? Is it possible to disable all graphics so the system isn't overloaded?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-12-16 18:44:30 (edited by Orko 2017-12-16 18:46:59)

Great! Thanks!

These messages about wanting or needing to disable graphics give me some concern as to whether I might have problems too. My laptop uses a NVidia Quadro graphics processor which is a workstation class graphics system rather than a gaming oriented 3D graphics rendering system.

On the plus side, only one game has ever had any issues with it, that game was written using the Unreal engine.

2017-12-16 19:55:11

After looking at @post 68, this sounds like a resource issue to me.  Chris, what are the specs of your machine?  I do not have the money to purchase the game at the moment, so unless there is a demo that I can try, I cannot test on mine.

2017-12-16 20:08:24 (edited by JLove 2017-12-16 20:29:23)

@chris, if you want to disable graphics in an attempt to further troubleshoot the issue and test whether your performance improves, please do the following:
Open start.  In the search box, type device manager, and press enter.  Tab once to navigate to the tree view.  Arrow down to display adaptors, and open by pressing right arrow.  You will see at least 2 options (assuming you have one graphics card).  One will be the graphics card of your PC (i.e., mine shows AMD Radeon R9 M370).  The other will say, "Freedom Scientific Accessibility Display Driver."  Navigate to the graphics card of your PC (Radeon, Intel Graphics HD, etc).  Open the associated ccontext menu by pressing applications (if you're using a wireless keyboard), or shift+f10 if your keyboard does not have an applications key.  Arrow down to disable, and press enter.  Tab to yes, and press enter.  This will completely disable graphics on your PC.  Close the device manager.  IMPORTANT:  Do not disable the Freedom Scientific Accessibility Display driver, as JFW needs this, and will continue to function normally as long as the Freedom Scientific Accessibility Display Driver is enabled (I have my graphics card disabled as I write this post).  Try running the game again after this has been completed, and report back.
NOTE:  As previously stated, the above action completely disables graphics on your device.  If you have need of graphics in the future, you may re-enable the graphics driver by performing the above steps and choosing enable from the associated context menu.

2017-12-16 22:07:20

@JLove I tried the one where you go in to command prompt and did a scan for what was missing. i also downloaded        sapi.chm.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-12-16 22:34:19

@JLov

Thanks for that, if the game doesn't like my graphics processor, I'll have to try your suggestion.

2017-12-16 22:40:10 (edited by JLove 2017-12-16 22:41:37)

@flame, thanks.  I am glad the issue was resolved.
@Chris and others who seem to be having resource issues, please report after following the steps in post 111.

2017-12-16 23:06:34

now to fix the mac issues. i get no speech when running it on the mac.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-12-17 02:11:14

@post 115 Try deleting the .app file and copying a fresh copy to the Applications folder. You may have to delete some preference files if the problem persists. Kevin is the expert on where those files are stored. If I had to guess, they're probably somewhere in your user library folder under ~/Library.

Here are the specifications of my Mac. I'm running macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 on a mid 2013 13-inch MacBook Air. The computer has a 1.3 ghZ dual core Intel Core i5 4250U processor, 4 GB of LPDDR3 RAM, and Intel HD Graphics 5000.
I'm trying to play this game on macOS since that is my prefered operating system. Are there any solutions for macOS? If not, I can give the graphics driver suggestion a shot in my Windows 10 BootCamp partition.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-12-17 06:24:12

hello all. this game is really great, and I'm enjoying it.
however, I'm stuck at this puzzle: in the science room, I go to the security area and then I go to d241, and then go to CF11. but when I arrived there, it says can't rotate. I go to CF12 and it says rotation is possible. I go to CF22, but there are many places that is blocked by a camera. going to CF21 resulted a same way, the camera is blocking my way.
any tips?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-12-17 08:14:50

camera spoilers
You can rotate all cameras by 90 degrees (clockwise? Anticlockwise? I don't know.) You have to rotate them in such a way you can walk to d243 (which I think is south of cf41). The impression I get is that its laid out as a grid with cfxy representing x and y coordinates. This puzzle really needs more information for blind people I think. Can you actually see all cameras on the map or do you only get the text feedback if you can see it?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-12-17 08:16:42

@flame_elchemist maybe some settings broke ans you have an empty voice field in the game settings on mac. In the ~/Library/Preferences should be a file called something like unity.GoodwolfStudio.Code7.plist
Not quite sure if you hve to edit or remove that.

2017-12-17 08:28:38

Kevin, you state that you use mac extensively during the testing process, which model do you use? just curious? this seemed a promising title.

2017-12-17 08:32:29

hanif and stewie and anybody related to camera maze

we were really concerned with this puzzle but during playtesting (with people from this forum) we were encouraged to leave it like this.
We will add more information like "All cameras rotated clock-wise" in the next update though.

The problem is also that more information is not that easy. Sighted players can see which paths are going to be available before moving to a certain direction. But implementing something where you can ask for the available parhs of every junction is not that different to moving there physically and asking then. Also it's technically very difficult, because the system only knows the possible ways as soon as the character arrives.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
The difficult bit where also sighted players get stuck for a few minutes, which is entirely wanted, is to instead of just rotating when its possible to explore the available paths without rotating. There's a long pathway opening up at some point. Sighted players can see that. That's why we added the info that "only one more rotation is needed". So you technically have the same tools. Just finding the long path and only then rotating the cameras once more is more difficult. Not sure how to solve that.

2017-12-17 08:40:41

Chris and wlomas
we have a 13 inch macbook 2015, a 13 inch macbook air 2015, a 15 inch macbook pro 2013 and a 15 inch macbook pro 2017.

@Chris While these are a bit more powerful than your 2013 air, they run without the slightest problem and your system seems to reach the tested requirements that were tested on Windows machines. Typically macos runs a bit faster even.

2017-12-17 09:08:26

hi there!
is there a way to change the sapi voice use in the game?
I already change it via control pannel but the game still uses microsoft zira for some reason big_smile

2017-12-17 10:52:21

jason sorry on Windows I have no idea how to use a different voie. the voice change in the settings is only for mac.

2017-12-17 10:57:25

kevin i have the same macbook air as chris. the macbook air mid 2013 with 128 gb ssd 4 gb ram and the core i 5 1,3 core 2 duo processor. i will for now have to just watch progress on this title. thank you though for trying to assist us.