2017-12-13 14:21:00

Hi all,

a few days ago, I bought an Amazon echo 2. Generation. Yesterday it arrived and now I thought I ask here in the Forum how it's used and what I have to do to get started. And perhaps someone could explain the device for me so that I know how I have to hold it etc.

Thanks for your answers.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2017-12-13 15:03:56

Hi,
First you need to download the alexa app from the app store or play store.
In fact, if I remember right, when you plug it to the power, it should start by it self and tell you to download the app.
Then connect to the wi-fi created by the echo normally, and open the app and continue setting it up, it should be easy.

2017-12-13 17:16:54 (edited by Orko 2017-12-13 17:22:23)

There's no holding it. You just set it somewhere reasonably central and go from there. My Echo sits on a tall shelf unit in my living room, it can hear me from the dining room/home office, and kitchen.

There is also an online user's guide for the Alexa service at https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=16067214 … footer_txt.

Mystic Access also has a six and a half hour Amazon Echo audio tutorial for $40.

2017-12-13 21:43:07

Thank you all for your answers. Now my echo is configured and it's running wonderful, alexa is such a good voice!
But there are four Buttons on the top of the echo. Could someone explain them, please?

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2017-12-13 22:38:49

I had to call Amazon customer service to find out what they do. The manual tells you but it uses a drawing to show you which button is which, not too useful when you can't see the drawing.

2017-12-14 00:49:57

The button with the dot on it is an action button, I have know idea what it's for, honestly. The volume up and down buttons are above and belove that, the ones closest to it on the circle. I think the last button opposite is the mute button? Not sure, though.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2017-12-14 01:10:38

There are only two buttons on top of the first generation Echos, one button is the action button, the only thing I know it does is if you hold it down for several seconds, it restarts the initial set up procedure. The other button toggles the microphones on and off. The volume control is the top inch of the cylinder, above the light ring.

2017-12-14 22:43:54

Ah alright. The OP was talking about the second generation echo however, so that is the question I answered. Thanks for the information, though. Although it was rather unnecessary in this situation, it may help others.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2017-12-14 23:27:50

While me and the op have different generation Echos, my primary point more than likely still holds true, and that is that you'll need a sighted person to tell you which buttons do what.