Well I'm afraid for this being the season of good will and shopping I'm not feeling jolly right now.
I just finished a charity concert  only to come back to no less than 37 spambots posting in the registration forum, all of whom needed to be manually banned and have their single post deleted by me!

So, I'm not exactly feeling full of Christmas spirit right now, especially if your a spambot! big_smile.

the concert on the other hand did do well, we sang a duette version of walking in the air which rocked, as well as a range of stuff from Panis Angelicus going to Let it go from Frozen, a couple of things from musicals and crimbo carrols, so not too bad, people seemed to enjoy what we did anyway, though now me is feeling a bit knackered!

I'll get back to everyone soon, but in the mean time, have fun this December.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Thumbs up

I hope you are resting and feeling better, Dark.

For myself, I have been sick four times in the last six weeks!
I didn't get sick four times in four years when I was a kid.
Although my physical health is not great right now, I am in the Christmas spirit and feeling great.

I recently won a contest where the prize was ten Audible books of my choosing, and that puts anybody in a great mood.
Meanwhile, just looking at different Muds, and trying to get healthy and stay that way.

Thumbs up

@Mirage hope your feeling better, though undoubtedly the books help big_smile. I'd be interested to know your thoughts on muds though manifestly that should probably be in another topic.

I've been feeling rather better for a few days off, also we now have a curtain over our none useful front door which helps keep the heat in quite a lot. Mrs. Dark and I have started a very mammoth reread of Brandon Sanderson's stormlight series between  since the third book has just come out but it's been quite a while since either of us read the first two. Given the size of the books it'll likely take a hell of a long time, on the other hand we got through Hobb's fool's quest series in surprisingly short order.

Other than that not too much to report apart from playing lots of games. We have another charity concert this friday which hopefully will go a little more smoothly, and then we're singing at a friends' christmas carol service  in the next week. Since we both need to work on our vocal performance this is a good thing.

Unfortunately I do have some big bills, since my quad speakers just died (well I have had them since 2004), and I need some more as this desktop is the main thing Mrs. Dark and I do music and films and such on, also I still! need to look at getting another Iphone since I'm now missing phone calls due to my Iphone not being very mobile, plus of course Ios 11 will likely slow everything up on an Iphone 5 even further, though whether I would still bother with a new phone if mine weren't disbatteried I'm not sure.

Hope everyone is having a nice December so far.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Thumbs up

yo all.
So well now that school is going neer to ending it's quite boring, taking that now most lazy students that go with me in class and I should imagine almost all peupiles in the country are currently doing somethings witch they should have done ages ago. So I have again tried to get back to my programming life, and it seems that I am currently practicly rocking with bgt but I am afrade that python is going a little bit to slow because bgt and python are two completely different languages, offcorse they have somethings in comun but there are allot of things witch need to be renembered. An other problem in python is that for some reason it won't work with my visual C++ redistributable so some packages witch require it won't work. Also btw< I have made a little twitter bot witch every 10 minutes pops up a mood style of messages witch are completely random. For example it can say that it's sad because it just noticed a newly releaced game, though can he really even notice anything, not to menschen games and new games so that's hardly possible but  who cares. big_smile
Anyway, if you are very interested it's @randommoodgen.
About everything else, well today was some kind of Celebration of goodness knows what, so I was invited, including a few other friends from my past school for the blind. I personally didn't much enjoy it, not that it was bad but it was just boring, though Now when I think of it everything is better then 4 ultraboring school classes.
So I am now planning again to turn back to sound design and music production, though I haven't yet managed to find good software nor any of the mml guides make the least sense. SO basicly I am stuck between school, gaming, posting on this forum, and a attempt of sound design.
And btw, I don't know is it intentional but you have typed november instead of december in your first message, haha.

Aleksandar
My search criteria on audiogames will never be the age of the developer, what ever someone else may say.
If you wish to contact me, please do it by email or any other way in my profile.
And, give me a thumbs up, that keep me motivated to do stuf, even if I cant do any stuf.

Thumbs up

Lol Big gun, thanks  letting me know about the month mistake in the first post which I've now fixed, that is what happens when you write monthly chat topics while tired.
Sorry your school is so dull, even the reunion parts of it.

Well the concert today wasn't too bad, though a lot of the audience were eldily and not extremely well, still I think they enjoyed it (one man, who was clearly very unwell sang along with everything, which makes us pleased).

When we got back we were both pretty tired, and after some coffee, balies and chocolate cookies I proceeded to crash, which is probbably not a great thing to do at six pm but hay.

books wise, I'm still alternating between reading Sanderson's Stormlight archive with my lady, with plans to go on to the third book when we've got through the first two and continuing with George r r martin's book of short stories. One of them succeeded in making me cry  which shows it was a good story since that doesn't happen often and only with extremely! well written stuff.

Gaming wise I've been trying various things. One thing which surprised me recently is the flexible survival mud.
I tried the single player game a few months ago to see  I could now cope with it being as Mrs. Dark has dealt with my genophobia, and actually found if you can get over the rather overthetop sexual stuff, there is a pretty good rpg in there.

I initially tried the mud  because I wanted to add some info to the flexible survival wiki and the only way was to have a character on the mud, then found the mud, like the single player game is pretty awesome with a really nice community and probably the most unique combat i've ever seen in a mud game, hell it's the only mud I know with truly turn based combat, and even partly a browser game element that you can play while idle which is cool.

Indeed, even given the theme of the mud and the fact that some people do engage in sexuallly explicit roleplay, I have been amazed at how nice the community have proved to be.

A very odd discovery indeed, and also nice to know my genophobia hasn't made me miss out on a good game.

I've also been playing a bit of cosmic rage and debating whether to start a factory or not, though I'm tempted to wait until I've leveled far enough to be able to access planet chunks and thus get more access to harvested resources, still we'll see, since the idea of owning my own factory does rather appeal to me and I very much want to try the crafting out in the game.

I'm also debating having another bash at avalon with what Mirage said about the character generation process, since I know there is a very awesome game in there if I can get past the initial hurdles, and of course there are plenty of good audiogames kicking around as per usual, many of which need db pages, so lots to keep me busy.

Thumbs up