2017-11-17 15:01:27

Basically, the subject says it all. Is there anything you do to try and achieve the best possible OCR? Whether it be a game or what have you. Stuff like adjusting screen resolution, trying a bigger monitor if availible, etc etc

2017-11-17 15:55:22

well with the NBA games if you run it in windowed mode the OCR will work. not in full screen though.

2017-11-17 16:27:45

i don't know if you really can acheev better results with OCR than it already does. i think it really much depends on the engine that's being used.
i've compared the windows 10 OCR that you can use for nvda and the jaws OCR engine and the windows10 engine works way better than the engine for jaws.

2017-11-17 17:36:19

@JimmyDub
Thanks, good to know.
@sito
Yeah I use the windows 10 OCR. Only reason I asked is that I noticed people were getting varying results, some better or worse. So yeah just wanted to come and steal all you're secrets tongue

2017-11-18 00:21:45

If the game has 3D text, then attempting windows 10 OCR is a waste of your time. Attempting any OCR, for that matter, is a waste of time -- it won't work. Unless your game uses normal text, not 2D or 3D, OCR isn't going to work.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github