2017-11-18 06:16:33 (edited by Lokar 2017-11-18 06:40:25)

This is only the second time I've ever posted on these forums, so if my formatting or anything else is a bit off I apologize.

I want to start by stating that I have some pretty heavy bias against the player Teros as I do against all players who make it their purpose to cause problems on Alter Aeon, specifically people who cause problems to the detriment of other players and attempt to cause wide spread discontent. So take things I have to say about him personally with the appropriate measure of salt.

First I feel like while this post is well worded, and there are some reasonable concerns, that it is absolutely an attack against the administration of the game. It's full of clear bias, half truths and hyperbole.

I'm going to do my best to dissect the post and remain civil.

On the first point, Mush-z and computer tracking. To be clear, the code does not actually track your computer, it tracks your client. Two distinctly different things, two things that are very common in all sorts of bigger brand games. This is not a piece of code put in to the client to spy on peoples computers, but rather just to keep track of who is who better. I'd be willing to bet that there is similar in Dclient (the unofficial name for the client Dentin made specifically for AA). The intent behind this is not to spy on anyone, but rather to better manage the player base. Something that is important in any online game. I asked on my private channel if anyone was familiar with this code and what it can and can't do and got the following response from one of the people you acknowledge worked on mush-z (though he says he hasn't done very much himself)

[gate] Lokar: is anyone here familiar with this uuid stuff in the mushz code at all and know exactly what it can and can't do?
[gate] Slej: I"ve read the code.
[gate] Lokar: ugh I'm actually leaving now suddenly, but if you're familiar I'd like a description of what precisely it can do and how likely it is at all to be capable of what people seem to be paranoid it can do
[gate] Lokar: I'll replay when I can
[gate] Slej: when you first set up mush-z, it generates a random number for you. It's not based on machine ID or anything, it's just a totally random number that is long enough to be unique most of the time. Every time you log in to any character from that installation, that number gets sent to the mud.
[gate] Slej: so Dentin can't tell I'm using a specific machine. If I copy mush to another machine or a flash drive with all my settings intact, it uses the same ID. If I decide to multiplay Lokar's character and pass it off as Lokar, even if I go through a proxy, Dentin will know about it because the same ID gets sent when I log into Lokar.
[gate] Slej: Some people found out about this and really didn't like it, so they started modifying their code to send a stupid bogus string instead of the generated ID. Personally I'd just modify mine to send something random each time, but whatever floats their boat I guess. Teros sent Riddle his hacked XML, so when he lgoged in, it showed the same ID.

(As a quick aside, some people may be familiar with the rules I enforce on my private channel on the Alter Aeon, I did ask permission before quoting Slej.)

This code is not as malicious as you seem to imply, not even close in fact since it doesn't track your computer at all.
Its important to note that if tracking bothers you so much, this very website gives you tracking cookies. I think everyone would probably agree they are very likely harmless though.

As for the actual coding, who did it, and why they did it, the following conversation was had in bovine. (I edited this slightly, but only by removing irrelevant statements, including my own which honestly only displayed my clear bias I mentioned earlier)

(39 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: Just doing a replay

(39 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: for hte record, it was I specifically who put in the uid stuff

(39 minutes ago) [bovine] Mingo: what was the specific reason?

(39 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: no clue if athlon was around at that time or not, but Dentin and I talked about it, and it was me alone who put in the code, so if anyone wants to blame a mush-z dev, it is me, and I  did not discuss it with any other dev.

(38 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: so honestly whether athlon was a dev at the time or not is not very relevant

(37 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: the reason for hte UID things?

(37 minutes ago) [bovine] Mingo: nod

(36 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: The reason was because we had situations where people would log on multiple chars from the same IP address and claim it was because it was another person who was at the same location behind a NAT, so getting the same IP

(36 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: So putting in a unique identifier per client install was a way of providing another datapoint as to whether or not these people may or may not be telling the truth.

(36 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: the idea was to crack down on multiplaying

(36 minutes ago) [bovine] Fighter: yeh, that's pretty much fine

(35 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: It had nothing to do with tracking people

(35 minutes ago) [bovine] Rhorae: but also help avoid false alarms

(35 minutes ago) [bovine] Slej: I do think doing that without informing the users was a tad bit shady though. Normally if a program tracks your machine id, you know about it.

(35 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: yeah that too

(35 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: perhaps, I did support it at the time, as I despise players who multiplay

(35 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: and the reason I didn't tell the user base was because then those people easily could have gotten around it

(34 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: and given we had some specific instances at that time Dentin was trying to identify and see if it was legit or not, telling everyone as soon as it was done kind of would have defeated the purpose.

(34 minutes ago) [bovine] Mingo: is it a tad ineffectual. i.e. if you create multiple copies of mush on your machine and have different ids then it is fooled. Or ifyou copy your copy of mush to someone else in your household will they get your id and therefore give false readings?

(34 minutes ago) [bovine] Lokar: of course he did, teros is out to damage AA while trying to look like hes being reasonable

(34 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: well yeah, if you copy yoru client and give it to someone else,  then you and them will have the same id

(34 minutes ago) [bovine] Slej: I suppose. I haven't cared enough to do it, but there was one time when I sent my copy of mush to someone and it identified us as multiplaying, and I didn't figure out why until months later.

(33 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: but the  idea was never to use it as the way to determine for sure if someone was multiplaying or not, it was jsut to serve as one additional datapoint when making the analysis to arrive at the conclusion as to whether the person was multiplaying or not

(33 minutes ago) [bovine] Mingo: because mush iis portable, you can just pick the whole thing up and put it on another machine, without an install process that makes it  rather flawed

(33 minutes ago) [bovine] Runner: This all goes around the main point though. User tracking without consent is wrong.

(32 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: perhaps runner, but honestly, Dentin approached me about it, and I supported it, and quite frankly, I totally forgot about it later

(32 minutes ago) [bovine] Morpheus: then you best turn off your pc

(32 minutes ago) [bovine] Lexie: bull. almost every web site that is commercial uses it. almost every large electronics company is now using it.

(32 minutes ago) [bovine] Runner: Which is why I use a firewall

(32 minutes ago) [bovine] Rhorae: you guys are acting as though it lets dentin see the rest of your PC, or your physical location

(32 minutes ago) [bovine] Runner: It could, rhorae

(32 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: like I just viewed it as something so insignificant, it really didn't occur to me to make a big deal of it later or be like guys, we have this thing to now make public.

(32 minutes ago) [bovine] Rhorae: sure he can see your IP address, but he could do that with or without this code

(32 minutes ago) [bovine] Runner: remember, mush-z has access to lua, which can do a lot of stuff

(31 minutes ago) [bovine] Runner: including call other code, which can do more stuff

(31 minutes ago) [bovine] Runner: download a 500k c or c++ program as part of an update, run it, easy.

(31 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: I just wanted to set the record straihgt in that the idea was Dentin's yes, but it was not he who put the code in, it was I.

(30 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: Dentin has never written a line of mush-z code to my knowledge, he has always asked the devs

(30 minutes ago) [bovine] Runner: @weyoun: thanks for clarifying. I'd also like to say that I'm not bashing you or dentin personally. I'm bashing the practice of user tracking.

(30 minutes ago) [bovine] Weyoun: I will however say that I have no access to the data that is collected, that is 100% dentin who has access to it.

I understand the concern with tracking in this day and age, its a scary thought, but this literally only watches your client, not your computer. There is no indication that there will ever be an attempt to watch your computer, and frankly Dentin has nothing to gain from watching your computer.

As far as the riddle incident is concerned, Dentin attempted to seek information about riddle, asking if people knew if he was Teros (I was one of the people asked, but I was away at the time and didn't find out he asked til the freezing already happened.  Once he found out he was incorrect he fixed the mistake. I don't recall him ever passing blame on Riddle, he simply explained why it happened and what he could better do if he wanted to mess with this uuid tracking. One might ask 'well why didn't he just ask publicly?' Thats actually a really simple answer, Teros despite your constant negative influence and rules breaking at the expense of other players you have managed to gain a rather large following of friends who look past it because you're somewhat charismatic. It's honestly hard to believe that asking publicly wouldn't be met with deflection or lies on your behalf by some people, and some people being honest and that picking apart those responses would be difficult and unhelpful.

As I like to point out to people pretty regularly, Dentin is only human. He makes mistakes just like anyone else. He made a mistake with riddle, he corrected that mistake.

The future of Mushz

Weyoun has outright said he doesn't currently plan to quit.

(3 hours ago)    [bovine] Weyoun: The post says that I quit.  That is not true.  I have disbanded dominion, as many high level players have quit or are not active anymore, and I do disagree with a lot of what has happened on the game lately, and I do mostly log on to chat, and I am active over at chatmud now and do like the concept of it and what it is a lot, but I have not made any formal decisions on what my status with Alter is.  I'm just seeing how things go.

I have also been informed Slej has no intent to quit ether, though it would not shock me to learn Dernan intends to quit after the last few weeks events.

Regarding Weyouns supposed outright turning down of Shadowfax and Draaks help on mushz are the following quotes from today as well.

(3 hours ago)    [bovine] Weyoun: Also just to be clear on one point.  I don't think Athlon was trying to mislead, but just in case this was open to misinterpretation, I never formally refused help from Fax or Draak.  That is, it was not a conscious decision like, oh, these guys are bad coders, so I don't want it.  Fax approached me and offered help at one point, I don't even recall how it happened exactly, but I politely told him thanks and that I welcome an open relationship where we discuss server changes, so I could implement the

(3 hours ago)    [bovine] Weyoun: The idea being that it would be a better experience for the player base if we all syncrhonized the work, rather than mush-z trying to desperately catch  up after a change on the server broke the client

(3 hours ago)    [bovine] Weyoun: And I also am someone who likes to maintain a level of control, and I did think it was better for all concerned to keep the server developers and client developers separate to a point

I also think it was pretty childish to accuse Draak and Shadowfax of having sloppy code. Yes they sometimes release things that have bugs in them. So has literally everyone who has ever coded anything on a large scale though. If that's your metric then google, microsoft, apple and every other major company has nothing but sloppy coders. That's a useless metric.

Dentin and Change

AA has always been changing and evolving, huge sweeping mechanical changes have always been a part of it. Sometimes it drives players away (pretty much nobody who played back when I started plays anymore) That's just how it goes sometimes. It also doesn't mean the changes are bad. (Alter Aeons player base has grown dramatically, many quality of life changes have been implemented, etc). Generally speaking all the big sweeping mechanical changes have primarily hit high level players hardest, whether it be because they've grown used to play styles, or lost something due the changes, this isn't new to the recent changes.

I don't believe for a moment dentin trys to 'brush' players off, unless those players are behaving like unreasonable jerks. In that case generally speaking anyone would tend to ignore their input, yes even if its good input. 'reminding them that his knowledge of various systems in the game far exceeds theirs' is usually something like pointing out he has systems in place to track data. It's not nearly as smug or arrogant as you make it sound.

Regarding the money thing, it's actually not usually dentin that is quick to point out that he has banned people who have spent money on the mud, its usually other players. There have been tons of discussions that most players aren't in on regarding what is and isn't safe to implement as credit based rewards, and dentin has made plenty of changes that have outright pissed off players who have donated plenty to the mud. It's simply an unfair and unrealistic statement to say that Dentin has made changes to make these people happy.

Regarding the statements he makes about making more money at google than on AA, and how he'd rather focus on that, this is usually in the face of players being belligerent and 'screaming' at him about things instead of trying to open reasonable dialogue with him. I actually posted something on board 8 regarding this in the vain hope people would read it and try a new approach.

Here is a link to the post

https://alteraeon.com:8081/board/8/c264a29d4fa8008ba737

(fair side note here, I am more than a little biased regarding Dentin, I consider him a friend, but I believe these statements to be 100% true)

Community Opinion – You're actually not really wrong on most of your points here. This is where most of the player discontent comes from, specifically the level costs being increased a ton. A lot of players have openly spoken out against this, myself included.  Currently it can be very hard (if not impossible) to level once you hit a certain point. Although I do feel it is fair to point out that I myself am not at that point and as of this writing only 24 people in the entire mud have more levels than I do. 

That doesn't mean those levels don't become absurd, but it does mean that not very many people are actually currently impacted by this and its not nearly as horrible or wide spread an issue as people like to make it out to be.

I'd also like to point out that Dentin has been making constant tweaks to experience, focusing mostly on solo experience as its the baseline and will eventually lead to better group experience as well.

He is NOT ignoring the issue like some people like to pretend. If he doesn't acknowledge you it is more than likely because you approach him like a jerk. I've seen him engage Jonathon (another well known player) in discussion on this numerous times. The key difference being Jonathon is level headed and reasonable when he talks to Dentin and not making snarky sarcastic backhanded angry comments that literally nobody wants to listen to.

I would absolutely love to see the leveling issue addressed, and I for one hope that the removal of the more distracting negative elements on the mud will help increase that focus since they will no longer be around to be discouraging, which leads to the next section.

Dont complain to loudly

Dentin has literally never, ever, even once, in the history of the mud, removed people from the game simply for 'complaining' or 'disagreeing' If he had I personally would have been removed from the game a long, long time ago.

Dentin could always ban people for whatever reason he chose, but he never has. In fact he's always been excessively lenient towards people who like to cause problems such as yourself, vivi, Spectre, Boa and Tyrant to name a few. Usually letting people go on with their poor behavior so long that the rest of the player base is angry at him for not doing anything about it. Many people are happy to see this crackdown.  It's nice to know that we can expect people who behave like jerks to be dealt with. You know you've been a bad influence, in fact most people agree you have. The person who got hit that has been up for debate is Ignotus. So let me cover that.

In the weeks leading up to Ignotus removal from the game Ignotus abused access to the avatar channel
to paste information that is to be strictly kept to that channel to you specifically.  (for those who may not be familiar, this is a channel that moderators have access to only for moderators and avatars to talk amongst themselves, police themselves, and for dentin to pass us information )Ignotus had been well known for not enforcing rules properly, only doing it when it wasn't a personal friend, and sometimes enforcing rules that simply did not exist.  Following the removal of his moderator powers he chose to take up a trolling campaign against the world builder Morpheus, attacking him literally every time he spoke on his mortal character. He was also very, VERY aggressive towards other world builders, and avatars, up to and including insulting them for actually enforcing rules. He is not the innocent person who got attacked for disagreeing that you and a few others keep trying to make him out to be.

Sure maybe some of Dentins other information posted wasn't exactly super relevant, but its all icing on the cake.

To be clear, you will never be banned from AA simply for talking about other games, or for disagreeing with Dentin. You have to do much much more to accomplish that.

Anyways I think that covers all the points made in your post. I did my best to remain unbiased, but its difficult as I obviously do have sides I favor here. Hopefully the chat logs help shine a light on some of it even if my own bias shows.

(I edited the location where I describe what the avatar channel is because I apparently pasted it in the wrong location while working on this post)

2017-11-18 07:58:48 (edited by keyIsFull 2017-11-18 08:00:02)

You make some good points Lokar. But I do want to address some concerns below:

On the subject of tracking, I once again reiterate that I do not mind placing a client tracker into Mush-Z. I do mind, however, that no one ever told mush-z users about it. I understand that the developers' goal was a noble one, and I do hope they identified the rule breakers successfully. But it could have been handled so much more transparently, even if after the data were collected, it was announced after the fact.

About Draak and Shadowfax's coding, I have enormous respect for both of them, and I know it is difficult and time-consuming to learn a codebase they have never touched before, and when it comes to one as mammoth as Alter Aeon's the difficulty is only multiplied tenfold. I have seen the hours of effort they've put into content creation, and I laud them for it, but it does not change the fact that their efforts, whether it be areas or new game features, show a distinct lack of rigorous playtesting compared to the rest of the administration's work. A few hours of stress testing by a few hand-picked alpha testers for new features would help them enormously, as when bugs are brought to their attention the gods do fix them quickly, but why not handle them in a controlled environment instead? I am concerned that this pattern will dictate continued developments in Mush-Z.

You mention that only 24 players are higher level than you and thus affected by the level change right now. If you are using your total levels leaderboard ranking for that number, keep in mind that the leaderboard does not show players who have logged in in 30 days, nor does it show players who did not level convert. But it does get your point across that there are only a relative few players currently impacted by these level costs. But new players should feel able to attain the elite player status with a reasonable amount of work, and seeing the experience-cost shaped roadblock does not encourage them to set out on that long journey (see post 9 of this thread).

You mention that players such as Jonathon have discussed civilly with Dentin about the issues I have brought up. many players, including Jonathon, have tried in various ways to talk to Dentin, and waited patiently, for almost a year in fact, for a ray of hope. And the talking and the waiting has not resulted in much that will cut down on the 10-month estimate to level your fourth class from 36 to 37. I have Talked personally to many of these players and they feel shafted, even those whose heads are level. I do not even want to open the can of worms that is the level convert situation, but I know that also contributes to the discontent among these players.

I really do hope that Dentin does decide to make a character and play it so that he can better understand the complaints of his high-level players.

Thanks again for a civil discussion, and especially for telling me that I am charismatic.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-11-18 09:59:22

It sucks that even Alter Aeon is not a very high priority for Dentin as it once was. Too bad... was looking forward to what Stellar Aeon would've been.

2017-11-18 10:45:35 (edited by arjan 2017-11-18 10:47:07)

There are good points on both sides here, and I won't be addressing too many of them because I would just be repeating what others have already said. However, let me just comment on the issue of discontent and civility.
I would agree that overall, the changes to soften the blow for high level players have been relatively minor, as in, not actually reducing the 10 months mathematical equation by much. This can lead some players to believe that their concerns aren't being taken seriously. The question then is how to act when you feel you are not being listened to. I am a pretty regular AA player, but there are also months where I only really log on sporadically to look at changelogs and such because I have no motivation to actually play the game. To me, that seems preferable over trolling and being bitter. Some players might argue that they still log on to chat, which can in fact still be done without spreading discontent over the whole game.
So, even if the players who are now banned felt like they weren't being listened to , they could've done two things. They could have stayed on the game, regardless of whether they actually played, and continue to voice their concerns in a civil manner. Or, they could have stopped logging in, found a way to contact their friends off the game, and still not be disruptive to the environment on AA itself. They chose neither, so I will not choose their side. It seems a little inappropriate to first spread around discontent, then cry foul when you bite off more than you can chew. I know the player Teros does write here that he thinks his ban was deserved, but this is not just about him, it's more general and also relating to Ignotus's case.

2017-11-18 14:54:44

Since the original post is a direct attack against me, I figured I should probably respond.  I'll be breaking it up into sections and probably multiple posts to keep it from being a giant wall of text.

Part 1 - Computer Tracking in Mush-Z

The current Mush-Z releases have a tracking identifier that lets the AA server tell apart clients if there are multiple people logging in from the same IP address.  We primarily use it as a way to tell apart people who are multiplaying from those who aren't.

I didn't add the uuid, and I certainly didn't hide it from people. It's never been a secret.  I've always been up front about it. As mentioned before, it's been in the code for years.

All this said, I don't really see how it's any different than the tracking ids that are being used by audiogames.net.  I just checked with an incognito window, and sure enough, audiogames.net is using three tracking cookies, including one named __cfduid to uniquely identify me.

Teros (the original poster in this thread) knew about the tracking ID, was a Mush-Z developer, and even went so far as to damage the tracking code for his personal client.  Nobody who worked on Mush-Z denied it existed.  We all knew about it, and frankly, I thought everyone else knew about it too.

At any rate the client ID doesn't really do much for the game. We'll pull it out in the next Mush-Z release, since so many people seem bent out of shape over it.

---

Lastly in this section, Teros wrote:

> Dentin continues to not admit outright that freezing Riddle
> was a mistake; he is instead placing much of the blame on
> Riddle for countering the spyware.

Of course it was a mistake; otherwise I wouldn't have unbanned him.

Calling the uuid code spyware is simple misrepresentation and propaganda. It's no more spyware than the audiogames.net __cfduid cookie.

> My Opinion: Dentin mentions that it would have been better had
> Riddle not sent out anything.

Yes.  The buggy/broken changes in the client were throwing high level server warnings, making it obvious that Riddle's client was the same as Teros' client.

Normal clients don't do that.  A sign taped to his forehead that says 'hey look at me' would have been less obvious.

2017-11-18 14:56:40

Part 2 - The Future of Mush-Z

Teros wrote:

> In the past, he has also asked  Weyoun, the chief developer,
> if Draak and Shadowfax may be allowed to work on coding Mush-Z.
> Weyoun has always refused the assistance.

Teros is ... confused, about this.  I had no plans to have either Draak or Shadowfax work directly on Mush-Z, and Weyoun has already worked with them in the past to ensure that Mush-Z releases work well with server side changes.

> My opinion: Now that Weyoun has stepped down, Draak and
> Shadowfax will probably be granted access to the git server.

There are no plans to do this.  Both Draak and Shadowfax have their hands full with server side work.  They're also not familiar with the codebase.

> Along with Kurek, they may continue releasing updates to
> Mush-Z. However, all three of them have a solid reputation
> for sloppy coding.

To be fair, if they did start working on it, I wouldn't expect them to break the code so badly that the server would throw a warning every time they logged in.

> Also, with two of the three coders firmly affiliated with Dentin
> and many of the more savvy users leaving, it will be much easier
> to slip other hidden bits of code, such as the afformentioned
> computer identifier, into future Mush-Z updates.

This is just flamebait intended to make people afraid for no good reason.

---

Part 3 - Dentin and change

TL/DR - Teros is upset because he doesn't like the recent game play changes.

No game lasts forever, but we intend to be around for a long time.

A game that doesn't plan for the long term, dies a long slow death.

No game can expect to keep players engaged forever, and a game that focuses purely on old players to keep them happy will die as surely as a game that focuses only on new players.

No game is perfect, and we know we have a lot of things to improve. We have been, and will continue to be working on it.

2017-11-18 14:57:58

Part 4 - Don't Complain too loudly

To be honest, I feel that my full posts (which were included by Teros into this thread) speak pretty clearly for themselves.  I find it interesting that Teros has had to attack not just sentences, but individual pieces of sentences one at a time to make them sound awful.  Anything taken sufficiently out of context can be seen as terrible.

When my posts are read in full, they say something very different, and paint a consistent and coherent picture.

The simple fact of the matter is that I spent a lot of time looking through logs and a lot of time understanding the situation.  In the end, I didn't ban either player for isolated incidents or for speaking out once too often on some channel.

I banned them because they were long term, persistent problems.

In retrospect, the only thing I did wrong was that I didn't ban them a month earlier.

---

Part 5 - [Teros'] final Opinion

There's not much to say here.  I'm glad Teros had fun playing Alter Aeon for free.  I hope in the future he has fun playing somewhere else.

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com

2017-11-18 15:18:47

Orin wrote:

It sucks that even Alter Aeon is not a very high priority for Dentin as it once was. Too bad... was looking forward to what Stellar Aeon would've been.

Yeah.  I'd really love to have more time to work on both of them.  Stellar Aeon hasn't had a significant update in months.  Stupid RL.

2017-11-18 16:50:34

Yep. RL should always come first. Heck, I remember a few years ago when Dentin was so busy that he rarely had time for AA at all. Reboots were verry few and far between, and this was when certain tomes loaded only on reboot. So be grateful he has time for it at all. Lol.

2017-11-18 17:08:47

Thank you for responding Dentin, and for giving us your interpretation of the information in the first post. Responding to your posts in order:

post 30: If so many people knewabout the tracking ID, why was it never added to the manual or the change logs? I do admit that I knewI was told about it, but only a few days before being banned, and realizing that my client could be tracked that way, I countered it. And as I have said before (you seem to not have read anything but the first post, which I grant you was a long read), I did not know about the ID while I was a mush-z developer. In fact, Lokar just posted  (#26) that you and Weyoun did not tell anyone about it. So though you did not hide it from people, you certainly did not make it transparent. That audiogames.net uses tracking cookies is much more clear than Alter Aeon's tracking, since it is a given that many web sites track you with cookies, and the remember password option when logging in to the forum alerts you to at least one such cookie. You can also set up your browser to alert you before a website deposits any cookies on your computer or totally opt out of them if you want.

post 31: Thank you for clarifying that you do not intend to give Draak and Shadowfax access to Mush-Z. Of course, thanks to their access to the server code, they would be able to avoid coding Mush-Z in ways that would raise red flags to the server. I am glad that you recognize that the game needs improvement, and I also understand that you are leary of giving information to people about possible game improvements before they are implemented. But saying nothing makes the player base perceive you as a developer who is not listening and does not care, though you obviously feel differently.
You mention that a game that focuses only on newbies will die, as will one that focuses only on high levels. What I have seen for a year from Alter is a game that shafts high level players in favor of newbies, the inverse of what you say here. Is that not unhealthy for the game as well? If you disagree, I would like your input on the matter.
Finally, after not being transparent about the identifier, no matter how inconsequential it might have been, it is not unreasonable to wonder what else the code is sending or how the server handles it.

Post 32: It is of course your decision to ban people as you see fit and I'm sure the game is a happier place with us gone. Overall, your board post about Ignotus's banning would have been far more effective had it been short and to the point. I hope the more positive atmosphere will result in higher morale for you, and more motivation to address the complaints of more level-headed users than Teros, as you seem to love to call me.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-11-18 19:10:20 (edited by grryfindore 2017-11-18 19:18:09)

Hi,
Arjan, Lokar and Dentin +1
if I could have put it as well as them,that is what I would have to say. however,
No matter which way it is put, seems like nothing but another smear campaign against a game the OP does not like or has been ban from,and honestly by now, Keyisful and LordLondon(misspelled I know,can not be bothered to look it up) seem to have a track record of getting ban from Online games,be it muds or otherwise. That should tell you something,at least.
All this to say,then. that I for one shall take anything KeyisFull or some of his cleek have to say about varacity of a game/how good or bad it is,or any number of other things,with not just a bucket of salt but a truckload of it.

I will be honest here and say that I dont play AA much,but from what I have played, dentin and the other admins /staff seem to be pretty good at what they do,and I at least havent found them acting as jurks. and are nice chaps all round

As for the ID the client generates and sends to the server to tell A A that the client has the same ID as well yours,doesnt seem like spyware to me,even if you were to strech the defenition of such to any extent.
Can LUA and other script be made to do any number of dangerous things to your pc and devices? sure they can, but that can be said for anything at all that you install onto your system, I.E Audiogames,however a mud that has been around for 20 years under the same dev? with nothing shady  in his past of similar nature or otherwise,should go towards apesing some of your fears.

What KeyisFull says about Cookeys is correct to a certain extent,but if you take a average user into account of your theory,they are not likely to know that such settings even exists,and what cookeys even are. Or that their ISP sees or has access to each website they visit,along with the website in question. that is, if you visit Google from audiogames.net,google will know that you were on so and so site before you visited it,not to mention the IP tracking of course.
So this ID thingy is being blown out of proportion,as to why? I will leave it up to your imaginations and brains to think out.

Edited
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-11-18 19:58:50

I revise my opinion based on #26, #30, #31 and #32. My original post, #7, had only one side of the story, and now I have both. I don't play AA very much any more (I think the last time I logged in was a few months ago) and am considering transferring it to someone who can advance my char a bit better than I can now (I'm busy with college and other projects). I don't think I could explain this situation better than Dentin and Lokar have.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-11-18 20:29:48 (edited by JLove 2017-11-18 20:32:54)

I will only make two observations here:
1.  I have just recently started playing AA again; I haven't been on in a while lately due to RL constraints, though.  That being said, I am not high enough level to comment on the cost issues.  If and when I reach that point, I will do so, and if I believe there is an issue, I will be respectful, objective, and reasonable, as I try to be with all of my posts here.
2.  I must say, I am proud of what I have seen in this thread.  This topic has been totally dcivil and rational on both sides of the debate, no matter who believes they are right.  It has been free of the personal attacks, name-calling, etc., that I have seen in so many others.  It is nice to see that we can have a civilized, intelligent debate without lowering ourselves to that level.  I am proud of the community for that.  Great job, all of you.
I have one question, just purely out of curiosity:  When I started AA again, I found the boards, and read over the case law board.  I find that the posts there are very well thought out and well-written.  I also found that several of them seem to conform to actual case law, and I find that Dentin seems to try his best to adhere to the current judicial standards for burden of proof.  Law is a love of mine; I've been known to brief SCOTUS cases simply for the knowledge and the enjoyment of it.  One of the accomplishments that I take some pride in was the briefing I completed of Miranda v. Arizona (384 U.S. 436; 86 S. Ct. 1602; 16 L. Ed. 2d 694).  My now ex-wife was taking paralegal classes then, and that case was assigned in her legal research class.  She became extremely ill and was unable to complete it, so I did it for her, as it constituted a third of her grade.  She received a perfect score from her professor who was a practicing attorney of more than 10 years, and who was extremely difficult to please (you know, the type to dock your score for the tiniest of mistakes).  I am just wondering if Dentin has some formal background in jurisprudence, given what I have seen from his board posts.

2017-11-18 20:35:24

I feel like the only reason shadowfax wrote that post was to kiss denton's ass. so he's secure in his buider job.  as far as plaing. I play sometimes but find it boring for the most part.

2017-11-18 22:08:13

Well I have read a bit of this.
I don't know what to think.
Sadly I pulled out of aa completely 2 years back.
Firstly its boring, secondly I just don't have the time to play online games as I once did.
I do play games, but life is not kind to me, I have books I should be reading, I have a lot of things I should be doing right at this moment but my motivation to bother is gone.
It seems these days unless I time things down to the second that a task bleads into another one, and so on and so on.
I get through all the tasks I need to do, in most days thats home gym excercise after breakfast, blogs, this forum, look at sbyw for 10 minutes, check out space explorer for another 10, look at my skype groups and email groups, check out what else is needed.
At this point its lunch.
at least 2-3 days a week I walk, 1 day I shop, one day is my big gym session and one day is another walk.
Between these mondays are usually off but if I don't have podcasts to listen to, little games to play or something I am usually to tired to do anything constructive and thats on a good day.
I found this starting last year, I was testing for reality software and our bathroom was getting done, and it was noisy and I put it down to just that, it was noisy, I can't play.
Life was starting to creep up on me then.
I am 35 years now, and back when I was smaller as a blind kid not much was expected of me.
This continued up till I was 30, life was good, I remember working on admin till 3 pm in my pjs.
I remember playing aa all day every day only popping out to excercise, eat and sleep sometimes late at night.
The reality is, online games and muds well look at it this way, I really find it hard to get a skype call in, its not I have the time its more I can't seem to make space in my mind to do the time needed to make space to do whatever it is.
From post 1, uids, if you are that concerned, then you better not open your media player, etc, etc, everyone uses them.
Also if I am a hacker, If I make that go away what is to stop faking another.
In the old reality games we had a lot of that going on.
You faked people a lot and you could get away with it.
I think we have to face it the charm the net was once is well and truely gone.
Everyone spys on everyone else and 99.9% of the time its to catch the bad guys and doesn't effect us personally, unless you are in a corrupt government situation, or you are a bad guy, have been a victum of a bad guy or are simply unlucky and that can happen.
For most of us though its not a problem.
As for levels I never got through everything, I got up to a certain quest but never really pulled over that that much.
At one point I thought about buying into the game, the same was with core exiles.
But to be honest, that era of my life is well and truely gone.
Even with the mass amounts of digital tech in the house there at least in my house  is still a push in my family for all of us to get off our fucking asses and loose weight.
From diet to whatever, its frowned on for any member of the family to stay glued to a screen unless its wet, or something.
And to be honest with summer coming up in new zealand at least, as long as its not a bad stormy hell it was last year, I plan to not be on the net wasting my life like I usually do.
Its good for what it is but online games, I am probably past that now.
Maybe when I finally get to the last few years of life if aa and mush z still exists I may when life is finally done and I have a little left before my broken body joins the ansesters maybe I come back for one last plunge but then I may not.
The reason I started even doing mudding and online gaming in general was simply that I was a blind person without a life.
Now I have a life and while its not the best it could be its certainly a vary bisy one gaming is one thing I do but its not the only thing I do.
In fact if it wern't busy I probably would have a hard time doing anything constructive at all.
It seems this thing is going the way of stw, oh well I am happy it lasted this long.
THat was as close to an audio rpg I got and I barely know anyone on there.
Its a pitty there can't be some sort of audio mud or rpg created with the ability of the sighted or whatever to play we could all enjoy with open world etc that everyone could just come and go with.
I would certainly come back to core exiles if it was ever an audio game, but who knows even then.

2017-11-18 22:10:01

@Dentin
You make it sound like everybody knew about the client tracking. However, as tiros said, why, then, was it not in the manual anywhere? I certainly didn't know about it until now, and i'm pretty sure many of the non builder or mortal players wouldn't or don't know about it either. I know that the mush-z manual is out of your control, but you mush-z developers should have thought to put it in. This site lets you know that it uses cookies to track you, why not the client?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-18 22:12:36

JLove wrote:

I have one question, just purely out of curiosity:  When I started AA again, I found the boards, and read over the case law board.  I find that the posts there are very well thought out and well-written.  I also found that several of them seem to conform to actual case law, and I find that Dentin seems to try his best to adhere to the current judicial standards for burden of proof.  Law is a love of mine; I've been known to brief SCOTUS cases simply for the knowledge and the enjoyment of it.  One of the accomplishments that I take some pride in was the briefing I completed of Miranda v. Arizona (384 U.S. 436; 86 S. Ct. 1602; 16 L. Ed. 2d 694).  My now ex-wife was taking paralegal classes then, and that case was assigned in her legal research class.  She became extremely ill and was unable to complete it, so I did it for her, as it constituted a third of her grade.  She received a perfect score from her professor who was a practicing attorney of more than 10 years, and who was extremely difficult to please (you know, the type to dock your score for the tiniest of mistakes).  I am just wondering if Dentin has some formal background in jurisprudence, given what I have seen from his board posts.

Thanks for the compliment.  Writing good case law is hard.

No, I don't have any background in it.  I just read about the concept of case law and decided it was a good fit for what we needed.  When I do have to add to the board, I just try to create posts that meet what I'd consider a 'reasonable standard', and that I'd be comfortable with from the other side.

2017-11-18 22:15:25

BlindJedi wrote:

@Dentin
You make it sound like everybody knew about the client tracking. However, as tiros said, why, then, was it not in the manual anywhere? I certainly didn't know about it until now, and i'm pretty sure many of the non builder or mortal players wouldn't or don't know about it either. I know that the mush-z manual is out of your control, but you mush-z developers should have thought to put it in. This site lets you know that it uses cookies to track you, why not the client?

Honestly?  Probably oversight.  I've never known anyone to update the manual except for me, and that was years ago.  There's likely hundreds of mush-z features that aren't in the manual, and this is just one of them.  Given the choice, most developers would rather add new features than update old docs.

It's not necessarily a good reason, but it's almost certainly the reason you're looking for.

2017-11-18 22:53:56

@41, I've gotta concur with 43. Most devs don't enjoy writing docs -- it's one of the most boring parts of developing... well, really anything. I'd say debugging is also boring, but debugging actually gives devs something interesting to do. Testing is one of the least boring things to do -- it's exhilarating when you load up your app and discover that your feature works exactly as you intended and doesn't have some nasty side effects.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-11-18 23:06:08

@grryfindore and you wouldn't take staff of said game with a truck load of salt either? The difference between the banned players and the non-banned players, in our case or ... well at least for me. I always kept my asshole behavior reasonable but then I stopped caring because a game I once loved turned into something ... not as good.
I'm not even arguing for one side or another, I got done with Alter over a year ago and have moved on. But this topic really sparked my interest seeing as it's something I've myself experienced.
So I just want to chime in and give my POV although it's not even composed what so ever because I can't remember half of the issues.
One of the issues I had most problem with was that how there was no sanity checks for equipment anymore. Sure, Dentin claimbs that there's a composite limit, and there is, but one way or another it feels like the composite restrictions allow the builders to compete with one another for who can create the best and most amazing eq which leads to old eq being obscure and finally old areas stop mattering.
That is the only thing at the top of my head I can remember bugged me that never was addressed. I bet if I played Alter right now I could find myself a full all- artifact magecast set before level 20 with little effort. And when Dragonstrike first came out everyone was screaming about how insanely powerful it was and that no weapon should be more powerful than that.
It's a shame though Athlons gear got nuked, well, most of it. Terminator still has my necro equipment I hope! Golden stuff!
Well, back to reading articles of a more delicate matter.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-11-19 00:38:39

For reference, LordLundin was banned from Alter Aeon a year ago.  The case law post covering the ban can be found at:

Warning - NSFW - http://alteraeon.com:3004/board/1392/a2 … c1bc2cdc1b

2017-11-19 00:43:23

@Dentin maybe we could turn this topic into something actually constructive where players that actually play the game and get the experience of the game can bring up their issues with the game in a well-constructed manner. See my small rant on equipment above for example.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-11-19 01:13:25

Myself I don't have much to say, though I do certainly agree with JLove's comment, it's really nice to see one of these sorts of debates where people are actually talking calmly to one another, so often these sorts of issues turn into flame wars.

I'll only add a couple of things.
The first, is that one thing which running any online community does involve is a huge amount of personal judgement. You can write rules and try to let people know what  expected of them in that community, but usually it comes down to "Players hereby agree to  be nice to each other and not be a douchenozle, said douchenozle hood being decided upon by the admins who will notify any of said players when douchenozlehood occurs" big_smile.

In other words, a lot of admin decisions come down to a matter of personal judgement. One hopes in any net community that the admins make such judgements based on the good of the community and can be far sighted enough to see such (we can all see examples of where this occurs), but in the end admin staff are people in whom players will or will not have confidence.

I personally am very happy with the moderation job Dentin etc are  others milage may vary, though I can also say that in all the years I've tried out many online games I've never myself been banned.

In the same way, as has been said, the tracking id in MushZ isn't something I overly care about, indeed I suspected there was something like this in place anyway, heck this site does not hide the fact it uses cookies, again, others milage may vary on this.

What I think does concern me is the discussion of higher level areas and problems in balance, however since I am not myself yet high enough level to encounter these I can't say for certain. If indeed there are issues at higher levels, I  certainly discuss them myself if I find them at the time, though  any game is manifestly evolving, and especially when big changes are made to the way games work there are always periods of adjustment, ---- and I can say I'm enjoying the direction Alter is going with the crafting etc.

My one problem currently is more an issue with mushZ than with alter, and that is that with the new abilities and areas, it'd be very cool to have some new music and sound effects to go with them.

Btw, as to the tutorials, I can say they work well, my lady, who is a complete novice not just to muds, but to most computer games in general was getting one fairly well with Alter, albeit getting confused about many newbie issues such as what eq to use.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-19 01:33:56

Hi there,

In case my name failed to give it away, I am Ignotus, one of the aforementioned banned players. I was originally going to send an email to Dentin privately, but was encouraged by many who are intimately familiar with the case to respond to this forum topic. This said, I agree with most of the posters - namely Loxias, who made especially good points regarding the game's development and progress, as well as the recent changes.

Since I was banned, I haven't spoken about what exactly happened except to friends and acquaintences, but I fear that isnt enough; I have sat by for days, watching accusations fly, including some untrue or wildly exagerated ones. I'm going to attempt to explain my side of the story to the best of my ability, and I strongly encourage you to corroborate with others if necessary. I am a banned player, after all, and as Shadowfax says:

shadowfax wrote:

It should go without saying, but obviously you should take the word of someone who has been ejected from a game about that game not with a grain of salt, but with a whole bucket of it.

I have always been a casual Alter Aeon player. I often go months or even years without playing, but still logged into the game to chat. Only Dentin can say definitively, but I also think I've had something of a clean record in my time at AA. A lot of my friends play there, and the private channel system is extremely robust, which meant it was often the most convenient place to congregate. I recently had a 6 or 7 month long hiatus from Alter Aeon; I logged in occasionally, but for the most part I was completely inactive. I decided to change this roughly a month ago, which is where our story begins.

For a handful of weeks I occupied myself on Alter Aeon by chatting, hanging out with my fellow Dominion members, and occasionally grouping. I also created the Donald bot, which was a fun little side project to do in my free time. I won't lie and say that I didn't say anything about the level changes - because I did - but this was only on my clantell, usually chiming in when others were talking about it, or making my own observations.

The first notable incident arose when a fellow moderator took action against someone during a conversation on bovine (Dentin's private channel), but failed to acknowledge the other side of the dialog, who was instigating just as much. I've included this as a demonstration of one of the "fights with moderators" that Dentin eludes to in his post. Many of us did not stand by idly and let this happen; at least three of us called the moderator in question out on the avatar channel. For reference, Lexie is one of Lilmike's clan-mates, and Jonathon, Eldrin and I were the one's calling Lilmike out. Here is a log of what happened: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwnb6gtnq66e1 … .txt?raw=1

The second incident was instigated directly by Lokar. My bot Donald, for those who don't know, is a chatbot designed to respond to commands with information. This information ranges from weather reports to song lyrics. One of the commands, humorously enough, was 'trump': this command queries the Tronald Dump API for Donald Trump quotes. People started using it on gossip, and Lokar said that it should be removed from the channel. Curious, I asked him why on gossip, because I wasn't exactly sure what rule he was breaking. I got the following in response:

(avatar) Lokar: its fucking obvious why it shouldn't be on gossip, it can be used to spam, easily. It's got very politically charged comments that will clearly piss people off. If you use your fucking brain instead of being an asshat you'd know why it wouldn't belong on gossip. AFK FOR FUCKING EVER THANKS.

The full avatar log can be viewed here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj3cmuwayf2bk … .txt?raw=1

Morpheus also claimed the chatbots were spammy, but in the month Donald existed on Alter Aeon, he only sent a grand total of 46 messages to Gossip, according to altkeeper statistics given to me by another player.

The third incident occurred after Morpheus banned me from the XP channel for laughing. Log excerpt below (I have removed some private channel sends but have otherwise left most sends here):

xp hahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhah
[xp] Ignotus: hahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhah

Dernan tells the clan, 'omfg he just walked off with my quest giver'

*TICK*

ct roolf
You tell the clan, 'roolf'

Dernan tells the clan, 'come back here bitch'

Alixandria tells the clan, 'roflrofl'

ct follow him before you talk
You tell the clan, 'follow him before you talk'

Dernan tells the clan, '...... no one told me that'

Donald tells the clan, 'Invalid command. Use the help command to get a list.'

Alixandria tells the clan, 'go chase after him'

Dernan tells the clan, 'shut it'

Alixandria tells the clan, 'you also don't need to talk to him there'

ct yeah I had to figure it out for myself
You tell the clan, 'yeah I had to figure it out for myself'

*TICK*

Dernan tells the clan, 'he's gone now'

Alixandria tells the clan, 'you can walk west out of gads and find the south exit '

Dernan tells the clan, 'oh hi'

You have been temporarily disconnected from channel 'xp'.

Please try again in a few minutes.

You have been disconnected from channel 'xp.'
(avatar) Sandman: Ignotus was temporarily banned from channel xp.
(avatar) The Server: Remember that what happens on the avatar channel stays on the avatar channel.  Don't leak information.

ct (avatar) Sandman: Ignotus was temporarily banned from channel xp.
You tell the clan, '(avatar) Sandman: Ignotus was temporarily banned from channel xp.'

ct rofl
You tell the clan, 'rofl'

Alixandria tells the clan, 'what did you do rofl'

replay xp 3
You do not have access to that channel.

*TICK*

For clarity, Sandman is Morpheus's mortal character. As you can see from this log, I was disconnected nearly a minute and a half after my single message. *TICK* markers appear roughly every 30 seconds. When I asked Sandman the reasoning, I got: (avatar) Sandman: it was spam clear and simple.

This log also demonstrates me leaking avatar-only information, clearly breaking a rule. This is entirely on me and later resulted in me losing my moderator flag for doing it repeatedly. It was inappropriate and the consequence fit the crime 100%.

After this, I got so exasperated with the way that things were being handled that I kind of gave up. The definition of spam was incredibly subjective, and I didn't feel it fair that one person could get removed from a channel because someone was overzealous about considering a single line as spam. I jokingly trolled Morpheus a number of times on XP, telling him that his messages were "spam." I only did this for a couple of days, not weeks. (As a point of reference this happened in the evening of November 4, and I was banned the morning of November 11.)

Between November 4 and my banning I lost my moderator flag at some point. Dentin gave pretty valid reasoning, and I supported the decision - although out of curiosity I did approach him and ask why.

On November 11, I woke up to a bevy of Skype chats telling me I had been banned. I had received no word from Dentin, no previous tells, and definitely hadn't done anything recently beyond what I described previously. There are many other players - Vivi, Tyrant  and Teros himself - that went far above and beyond what I did in the last two weeks of my Alter Aeon career. In fact, their behavior had been persistent, spanning several years.

Dentin's post follows, with my commentary included:

After spending far too much time looking through his personal log, I've decided that Ignotus is one such player.  He only logs in to chat, and
literally hasn't gained a level in a month.

I gained a microlevel after several months of not leveling, only a week before being banned. This was after participating in the Halloween system events. Several other players consistently only log into the game to chat and haven't leveled in years.

He's constantly negative about the game, spreads discontent, and continues to communicate with Teros via
out of band channels.

Negative, yes. But this never went beyond clantell or private channels, and was often in heated discussions with clanmates that felt the same. I did not spread discontentment, beyond talking to people who already felt the same way. I'm not sure what "out of band" channels are, but I never communicated with Teros in game after his ban. All of my communication with him was outside of the game, which is what Dentin expressly asked us to do in his case law board post:

Dentin wrote:

Further, similar to the game ban of the player Tyrant, other players who knowingly interact with him should he log in will also be subject to penalties.  If you wish to contact Teros, you are expected to do it off-game.

He fights with the builders, recently had his
moderator flag removed due to abuse,

This is explained in the above paragraphs regarding the avatar channel.

and has explicitly stated that once his 'Chatmud' is done he and all the other players he can find will leave AA and go there.

Firstly, I should note that ChatMUD was never designed as a competitor to Alter Aeon. Many of my friends and I found ourselves only connecting to AA to chat. People in my clan liked the idea, and I preferred the channel system, so I took it upon myself to code something similar and make it available for people that no longer wanted to connect to AA. It is open source and people are able to peruse the code at their leisure, although the live copy is still in semi-closed beta. I never told people to quit and join ChatMUD, I never encouraged anyone to leave, and I definitely didn't advertise it on public channels. Many people were interested in the project, which resulted in me receiving a lot of messages in tells, ct, and on various private channels asking about the status - and I updated people as progress was made. If anything, people were the ones telling me to hurry up on development because they wanted to stop connecting.

With this in mind, I think it best that he go to his Chatmud sooner, rather
than later.  This post aims to help that process along. Ignotus and his bot Donald have been banned for three years.

Nothing to say here other than that the helping along I received was a ban without chance of defense. I was banned while I was sleeping. If Dentin had sent me a tell asking me to stop doing what I was doing, I would have, no question. Rather, a new rule was instituted while I wasn't present, then moments later I was removed from the game for breaking it. This wasn't a temporary freezing or silencing: This was a three year ban for some trolling and working on a ChatMUD that wasn't even designed to supplant Alter Aeon as a game. I'm potentially biased, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime, especially taking into consideration how troublesome others have been in the past. A precedent has been set over the years, and it feels slightly unfair that this position was suddenly and unexpectedly changed - without chance of me redeeming my behavior or being active to speak to Dentin about it.

I haven't evaded my ban, nor have I encouraged others to quit the game. I have watched events unfold from the sidelines, but feel like it's overdue that I defend myself. Hopefully this post helps shed some light on what really happened.

2017-11-19 01:48:18

Morpheus is overly trigger happy on the temp ban hammer for channels. He also has personal vendettas against some people as opposed to others. I think the no sharing info on avatar is kinda silly. Some people want to know what's going on in Dentins private little club, maybe that'd make it easier for them to understand how to operate. Oh well.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube