2017-11-15 22:47:35

Hi everyone,

Something is wrong with my computer, I don't know what it is. My games, Crazy Party for example, everytime I click on the .exe file, it gets deleted. I have windows defender turned off, does anyone know what could be going on? Is anyone else having this issue?
I'm also looking for an accessible virous protecter. I see several spywear programs that work fine with Jaws, but is windows defender the only one I can use? I mean, there's no other ones that will work with a screenreader? Anyone have any reccomendations?
If someone could post anything at all, I'd appreciate it. I know there's got to be someone on this website, that has a good virous protecter that I could at least try out. Oh, don't say Microsoft essentials. lol Everytime I install it, it deletes my games as well. I'm looking for one that will actually delete what I want it to, virous's.
Thanks for any help.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-11-15 22:58:16

turn off windows defender, then go into it and go into virus settings and add the program as an exception add your game as an exception so that windows defender ignores it. I have to do that with some games otherwise windows defender thinks the game is a virus and deletes it.

2017-11-15 23:05:06

Already did that. Windows defender is off, and it's added as an acception in the list of excluded files... Really not sure what do to.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-11-15 23:56:09

I've heard that apparently the newer versions of malware bites now have automatic protection type thingies, a bit like antiviruses do. This is actually a shame because I'd rather have a program that lets me manually scan. Yes, it may put me more at risk but I'd rather control what I run without being at the wims of some sort of database.

2017-11-16 01:01:11

I always laph when ms says the best antivirus program blah blah blah and they always proov them selvs the worst. I didn't have mutch problems with defender but I needed to add some games to exclution for it to carm down. About your original question, Try C cleaner. It's not directly an antivirus, but it's very good because you can cleen when ever you want and it doesn't do everything automatically, plus you can select exactly what you want deleted or not, so if it tags a game as a virus, you can uncheck it and it won't delete it. Not shure is it good for viruses but definitely better then this ausom windows defender tongue.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-11-16 01:04:44

@Aaron, wow. Thanks man, it was Malibites. lol I added it as an exception in the protecter section, and it works now. Thanks so much.
@post 5, I do use C Cleaner, is awesome.

2017-11-16 01:09:36

I am wondering if there's a way to report the game as a false positive to the malwarebites team, if you explain it's a game programmed in bgt and it's a game for the blind, so it's quite a niche program, they might listen. I know AVG did when I reported the installer for blinded guide from l-works.

2017-11-16 01:44:08 (edited by musicalman 2017-11-16 01:46:20)

Hey staindaddict,
Just curious, do you have a full version of Malware Bytes? Afaik it will only do realtime scanning if you do, the free version cannot do this and so can only address threats if you manually scan and it finds them. They may have changed this, however. Personally, I use Malware Bytes when I think I'm infected, and have given up on Defender. I don't need anything in realtime for regular use, I haven't been infected in ages and I always found virus scans to be nerve-racking and not good for productivity. In the end common sense seems a better option than something constantly running in the background. I'd say only use something that runs in realtime if you feel you will soon be getting into trouble, like if visiting a strange web site or trying to work with someone else's files who may be infected.

As for programs I use for protection. In addition to Malware Bytes, I also use JrT (junkware removal tool). Which if memory serves and if nothing has changed, is a command line program written by the Malware Bytes team. You just run it and it does its thing. It closes a lot of programs in the process though, but it does try to clean your system. It isn't an antivirus, it just removes a lot of adware and spyware. AdwCleaner is another one to check out, though I think that was also taken over by Malware Bytes, and for me is a little harder to use than it once was. I'm not sure how much it's changed since I last used it regularly which was years ago. But you can give those two a shot as well if you think you're infected. Malware Bytes is definitely the big gun though, so I'd try that first before the others.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-11-16 02:13:43

I don't have the full version of Malibites, but I just downloaded it and installed it on my new laptop. Sometimes, I noticed it gives you a 14 day trial of the full version, so I might be running the 14 day trial for the full version. Not sure though.
Malibites has certainly changed a lot since I first started using it.

2017-11-16 09:53:44

I have seen Avg do this, and at the moment my lady cannot play either crazy party or use the Alteraeon mushZ pack because of it.
I have been thinking of installing malware bites, but parts of their interface were always a bit wonky, and this slightly puts me off, even though I do know it's good at removing annoying stuff.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-16 18:12:16

Hi Dark,
Strange, I'm able to use mush-z although that's for the yu-gi-oh pack.
I'd recommend submitting the game as a sample, maybe focus on crazy party first rather than doing both at once. I did this for blinded guide and teey got back to me by the end of the week. I explained tha it was a game for the blind and that it's programmed in bgt, and that it's niche.
https://www.avg.com/submit-sample

2017-12-20 07:18:54

I don't know whether my problem is Windows Defender or the other thing, as I got this computer from elsewhere and it had things installed on it. I hope Nortons doesn't do this because I don't know how I'd be able to fix that.

I was able to play Mush-Z on my win 10 PC but when I moved my external drive back over to this PC, all my configurations had been reset to the defaults. I don't know what else I lost...