2008-08-06 08:34:55

Hi.

How's everyone doing? I've been having an awesome summer, and I'd like to interest you all in a couple of services I've discovered while having fun.
  First of all, how many of you realize Facebook is accessible to blind people? If you want to check it out, go to
www.facebook.com
and sign up. It's free, and there's an audio capcia, so don't worry about not being able to sign up.
Next is
www.brring.com
a free ringback tone service, which not only allows you to customize a ringback tone so someone just doesn't hear a phone ring sound when they call you, you also get paid.
Check these things out, and let me know what you think. Any questions, simply ask, and I'll answer when I check this topic.

2008-08-06 11:05:44

thanks Holden. I actually knew about facebook, sinse one of my Vi friends posts her stuff there regularly. As for the other service, unfortunately, for both financial and convenience reasons I'm stil using an old fashioned mobile phone that just phones people and doesn't do anything fancy, ----- it certainly doesn't have any mobile speech on it. While a posh phone with chooseable ring tones etc would be cool, this one serves my symple needs.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-08-06 16:44:40

Hi, Dark.

Well actually, Brring lets you customize the tone from a web page. You go there, create an account, then log into it, then you can upload a ringback tone of your choosing.
Your phone doesn't need to be fancy at all.

2008-08-06 22:51:15

Hi,
Brring sounds cool, but only one problem: I'm livving in the UK, so I can't use it, lol!
Anyway, thanks for the info.

2008-08-07 00:15:43

Why can't people in the UK use Brring?

2008-08-07 10:51:49

Hi,
Well for a start, it doesn't accept UK area codes.
Then, secondly, when you type in your private number, it doesn't recognise it as a valid number, which really sucks!

2008-08-07 11:29:52

Hmmm, I'm slightly confused as to what bring is for if you don't actually need to connect your phone to the net with it. elliott, perhaps you should try the Uk international code, 044, then the area code without the zero, ---- eg,  044 191 instead of 0191 before the actual phone number.

i suspect it is the same for mobiles but I'm not certain.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-08-07 13:59:09

Hi Dark,
Thanks, i will try that.
How ever, when you sign up, it says enter an American area code, --- so I am suspecting that they don't yet offer UK area codes.

2008-08-07 21:05:10

Holden, thanks for the link to facebook, I signed up and it's really something

Connor