2017-11-11 15:38:42

I don't know what's  wrong with this game, it is nice! I love the sounds. Well they're not top quality but still! And considering that i'm playing mkx, injustice, and a lot of other fighting games with one hand, including this one as well. I won't say this is not hard, because it is. But i feel rewarded when i pull off a combo, like b b b down b forward c. That was just phew! But i did it smile

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2017-11-11 16:00:30

Hi,
Brad's a fighting game player, as am I, but I am finding that things just don't seem to be working properly. I can never seem to leap across that river in one jump on tutorial 2, the running one. Is there a way to find out what terrain you are on, or how wide, say, a river is? There is no explanation in tutorial 3 that tells you that grass makes you slide. Don't get me wrong though, I'm going to keep at it, and this is what betas are for. I might sound like I'm being harsh, but I do understand this is a beta which is why I'm giving quite brutal feedback, I am not going to give up though and delete the game though, because this is, after all, a beta, and the more people we have on board testing, the better. I also think making sure the combos and stuff are written correct, will help too.

2017-11-11 16:31:56

Yeah panning seems to be a slight problem. I'm not jumping across the river properly. There also appears to be a slight lag for some reason.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-11-11 17:04:19

How the heck should I move man, I can't even move! In the first tutorial, it says that I was waiting in the psyiatric hospital and when I press left or right it keeps repeating the same thing, it doesn't move! I thought that it was supposed to move or did I miss something?

2017-11-11 17:33:08

Hi,
That's the other thing, during text sequences there are no sounds to indicate that it's a scene playing.

2017-11-11 18:11:49

hi, when i try to download, it says Secure Connection Failed

is it some kindda virus?

2017-11-11 18:33:13

I think the issue with the camera isn't that it's screen centric as opposed to player centric. Side Scrollers like Knights of valour, Odin Sphere etc all do it like that and it works fine. I think the problem is in the audio relaying of the information... and partially the sounds being used. I've been messing around with the game on and off, and it seems to me that sounds decrease in volume as well as panning when you get further away, which does take some getting used to. It would be better to have objects simply pan as you move closer and further away and gradually widen or narrow the stereo image according to distance. That is the only issue with the camera I have so far... and I would personally call this more of a beat em up than a fighting game. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-11-11 18:34:13

Sounds for text is one of the things already in the works for the sound overhaul, so if we survive, that will be solved in the future.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-11-11 21:03:41

Hi.
I have given the game a try, and it seems to be great. It takes a while to get used to though.
The game ignores the computers default keyboard layout, which mess up the controls.
Call me stupid, but I don't understand how to read the default commands list. If I read it correctly, the object viewer should be t. But it is l. I'm having trouble on reading what's the QI key as well. I read the pause menu as the spacebar, but it is enter. I find this quite confusing.
In the first tutorial level, I don't always get told what I pick up. Maybe I should use the object viewer for that? It would be fantastic to have a learn sounds menu as well, since I have no idea on what all the sounds means.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-11 21:45:46

Not sure if this has been suggested already, but have you considered adding like a practice mode where you just pick a character and can test combos out on some kind of dummy creature? Maybe when you properly execute a combo you get a notification about the name of it, some useful features like that? Also I'm not sure if it's just me, but there seem to be some really strange issues with the panning; a lot of times I move around and the sound stays near the middle, and suddenly it jumps all the way to the left or right, and I find it difficult to tell exactly where I am in relation to my enemy without using the object finder (which I can't in battle mode). This latter fact is sort of exacerbated by the range of most moves -- for many of the battle tutorial combos I literally could not pull any of the combos unless I was directly in front of the target, something I could not do without bumping into him or using object finder. Bumping into stuff is fine if not all that realistic, except it's such a quiet sound that you'd likely miss it while getting your ass kicked, and in that time the enemy may have gotten behind you, so you're no longer even facing the right way. I have trouble breaking out of grapples or, hell, even knowing when I get grappled, for similar reasons. I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, just trying to give honest feedback on a beta stage game, and hoping there's something useful in here.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-11-11 22:24:05

brad wrote:

Hi Cae.

I've decided to delete the game. It's a bit too complicated for me.

When A heros' call comes out, if I keep dying, at least I won't have to try moves like forward forward b,, or b b down b b right c. I'm kind of surprised people can pull  them off.

This isn't anything out of the ordinary for fighting games, so yeah its a bit... let's say unrefined at the minute, but I think that could be fixed in time, its a little overwhelming, and the default keyboard controls make no sense, but I like it overall.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-11-11 23:30:52

Hello.

@Aaron. I used to be a fighting game player.

How did you know that I played fighting games? Are you watching me? Are you!

Are you hiding in my wardrobe?

Or under my bed?

I had a ps2. It had dragon ball z and mortal combat on it.

I guess it's  more the fact that I'm not into video games as much as I used to be.

Or it could be that I'm on a laptop using laptop controls and not a controller.

I'm gone for real :)

2017-11-12 15:38:06

Hi.
Well, it's great that the game is in beta, because I hope a lot of improvements will be made.
1. The second part of the tutorial don't work as expected. It has happened a lot of time for me that it won't continue, and then suddenly, the next messages comes.
2. I'm trying to make the double jump and use the QI. I'm not sure on what button I should press to use the QI so I've tried most of them. It won't work for me, so I can't progress.
Generally, I don't know what I'm doing, don't know if I have jumped successfully, don't know how far I can walk before I fall down etc. I hoped the tutorial was good enough to teach me how this works. But currently, I don't find the tutorial and the way the game works able to play, so I give up for now, and hope to see any improvements in the future. It feels like playing a inaccessible mainstream game, where you don't have the full control, and you need to complete each level by trial and error and lots of patience. This is not what I expect from an audiogame.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-12 17:29:15

Hello there! I'd like to give some feedback..
I've been a player of fighting games for more then 10 years now... This game is too.. Slow and clunky, if you get my meaning. Sometimes, its difficult
to know if your character is getting hit, objects are difficult to find (as in I have to use the y menu). I'm not trying to just criticize: The game's
general idea is cool and it really has lots of potential. For combos.. Would it be pocible to make them slower: I sometimes type too fast and the
system doesn't registers it, which can get anoying at times, thats why I don't try to do combos, even tough I've completed the tutorial and am
already on episode 5. Sometimes, I win an episode by pure luck not because I know what I'm doing.

2017-11-12 19:11:08

Hi,
How do I beat episode 4's first part? I seem to get stuck at the following point:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
says we have to work together, there's fire all around, suddenly I'm in the thousand coordiante ragne and on gravel and am not realy sure what to do, can't seem to find any enemies but there's fire all around.

2017-11-12 19:16:46

I find it interesting that you say it seems clunky. When I think clunky, I think of DBZ: Sagas, or DB Final Bout. One of the most difficult issues in development was reducing lag; I don't know if you're running into that, or if you mean it differently from what I'm thinking.
This fighting system can't do dial-a-combo. Timing is more or less the entire point. If the game's speed is unstable enough that it interferes with this aspect, that is a problem I very much want to solve.
I'm hoping that the problem you're having with knowing when you've been hit can be corrected with better and more complete voices. If that is a major part of the problem, we'd expect it to be more noticeable with Zu, Asaki, and Mozuda, from best to worst (Mozuda doesn't have any hitcries at all sad ).

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-11-12 19:29:25

When I said klunki, I meant that there are times when the enemi just starts to hit you and theres not much you can do to escape. This has happened
to me a few times. It gets to a point where you can't do much but stand there and take the hits. Autough I do believe better sounds would help me with
most of the problems. All in all, the game is really good, so much so I've been playing it for the last 3 days.

2017-11-12 20:18:39

I tried to make sure that nothing but combos and qi-burning attacks have stuns long enough to result in infinites. If I missed any, let me know which specifically so I can try to fix it. In my tests, I get into frustrating cheapspots from time to time, but they're almost always the kind of cheap that legsweeps in Mortal Kombat are. Some enemies can cheap you to death if you have too much qi in the lower gauge, by using attacks meant to push you out of the way (and this is why max qi cheats are bad for you). If you're encountering infinites that don't fall into either of those categories, please let me know how to reproduce it.
Ah, actually, I can think of one other possibility, that being things like trying to crouch out of a run, or trying to stop walking and turn around too fast with a character with back-forward moves. I had to remove one of the commands for a certain time-consuming move because it kept tripping over this when I tried to run in and legsweep people. Is this problem showing up for you?

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-11-12 20:58:38

having issue for playing this and any other game cause of faulse virus that windows defender claims for windows 10 users such as myself.  is there a solution around this? its erased afew of my games.

2017-11-12 21:52:41

I kinda see what they mean when they say clunky, things aren't... as you think they should be if you ever played a fighting game before. Its hard to know where you are, its hard to know where the enemies are, its hard to know if you're taking hits or doing the hitting, the timing is way too tight, which makes doing combos and things very difficult.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-11-13 02:24:27

Hi.

@musical professor

Open windows defender,  tab to settings and press enter.

Tab to virus and threat protection settings and press enter.

Tab to add or remove exclusions and press enter.

Tab to add an exclusion and press enter.

Press your down arrow until you hear folder.

Choose the folder you want to save by going through the treview and finding the folder you want. for example,; if I want to find my downloads folder, I find downloads in the treview, press enter on it then tab to the folder. Once I am in the folder, I find the folder i want to add, then press enter on the select folder button.

To remove a folder, find it in the program, tabbing a couple of times should land you on a list with your folders inside, once you have found it, press tab one more time and then enter on the remove button.

I'm gone for real :)

2017-11-14 23:28:42

thx for the info.  and i'm gona try that and see what happens.  yor example of what u would dop is precisely what i was gona do truth be told for example of folder.   that is acturate info.

2017-11-16 23:52:39

Yo all. I'vve been playing a lot of things and recently found this topic and gave it a shot. It's great. I literally can't find any words and the funny thing is it's only a beta. I've unlocked everything up to episode 4. I mean everything including the delay parts, railroad ending thing, etc etc. But as I said I only beat up to ep 4.
Can someone give me an idea what to do in episode four? I kill the ninjas that appear then this fire starts to appear and then it expands creating all types  of platforms. I'm stuck. Please help.
Thanks in advance.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2017-11-17 01:17:33

I'm having some pretty serious issues even downloading the game. I click on the link and go to download, naturally. It then just stalls at 0% in the chrome downloads for... well, ever so far. I've even moved the download location to an external drive to try and simplify the process, but no luck so far.

2017-11-17 08:15:57

@73: When that happens, go back to the left and clear all enemies. This reminds me of something I never mentioned anywhere... which is to say, if you hear the beacon for the next area pinging more slowly than usual, that means that the way to continue is not on the ground. Why I never thought to mention this in the tutorials before now, I do not know. sad

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.