While this game is not in its final form--most noticeably voices, sounds, and online still need work--it struck me as time to let it terrorize the public for a season.
So, without further ado, click here to download Everdark Clash beta 0.3.
What is this?
Short version: 2d Platforming Brawler.
Walk around, use whatever's lying around (or your bare hands, whatever) to fight off the inordinant number of entities who apparently want you dead, maybe toss them over a waterfall or throw people into a crowd and watch them fall like dominos, occasionally climb onto a building or jump a ravine, wonder at how sanitary it is to eat a random plate of chicken you found in the trash...
Wait, so how do I do X?
If the tutorials and the manual aren't clear enough, please, explain, and we'll see what we can do.
Meh, I want the Pollished Version.
This is where I'd ask for money to pay for pro-quality voices and translations, but Patreon is giving me accessibility issues, so instead, I'll just say "All right, do as you will."
What Peripherals are Supported?
So far tested with several game controllers and a PM20 braille display. (Braille has not been tested with Jaws, but I'm pretty confident it will work, based on past games.)
Online multiplayer is just not going my way. This is near the top of the priority queue.
Some perplexing bugs here and there in Battle Mode. Specifically to do with victory announcements and starting positions behaving unexpectedly.
If you're standing atop a stack of 3 platforms, the top platform is below the area that appears in braille. This is annoying because the entire point of having braille is to get essential information. Ducking might bring the camera down enough, but it's not guaranteed.
Not all of the characters which can be unlocked for Battle Mode have in-game movelists. All of the initially playable characters do, however.
Sensitive joysticks might run into problems with menus. In addition, with at least the Playstation 4 controller, only the left analog stick (not the D-pad) works for directions.
There's a rare bug that I have not been able to reliably reproduce that relocks Battle Mode characters. This is annoying and I will be most grateful to anyone who helps solve this.
Changes in 0.3b:
- The game no longer crashes when you try to play online.
- A guest pressing down no longer registers as pressing C.
- Enemies no longer continue to target civilians after said civilians have escaped.
- In-game movelists added to the pause menu. So far, only story-playable characters are included, plus a couple for VS.
- More movelist tweaks. Mozuda now has knife combos.
- A tweak to one of the last bossfights, which should increase the difficulty.
- VS mode should no longer erroneously prompt you about skipping cutscenes.
- More scenery items added to VS arenas.
- Vigilantes could very rarely (as in, their AI hasn't changed in months and I saw it for the first time this morning) become invincible. Hopefully, this has been corrected without breaking their threat level.
If you made it down here without downloading, and don't want to scroll all the way back to the top:
Click here to download Everdark Clash!