2017-11-16 10:11:16

so this is kind of related, and kind of not will we just continue to use this thread, or will a new one be created when the game comes out?

2017-11-16 10:35:19 (edited by hadi.gsf 2017-11-16 10:38:05)

what is this game about?
jesus there is not even  a single description in post 1.

edit: NVM. just used google.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2017-11-16 11:41:41

Valmorian wrote:

so this is kind of related, and kind of not will we just continue to use this thread, or will a new one be created when the game comes out?

My ahem first post on this topic,so first of all, congratulations to the Out of site game for announcing the release date of AHC,and can I say I was right? wink I did think the game would come around or at the end of dec,and here we have the release date announcement tongue.

As for the quote above, I know that people are excited and looking very much forward to the game,and have been asking questions like,could we increase or decrease the music or bg sounds,what would be the size of the game (really?),but this one tops them all lol

43 days to go,so see you all on the other side.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-11-16 16:00:15

It will be better to not have one massive thread... I would highly sugest people start different threads for whatever issues they have. This business of using an announcement post as a springboard to discuss the game and bring it to 100000 posts is something that will definitely not work with this game, and imo, should be lightly discouraged on this forum period. It makes it too hard for new players to find needed information. The forum will become more populated with threads, but hey, it's an internet discussion forum.. that's what it's supposed to be. lol By the same tocan, people are allowed to post wherever they want.. even if I personally don't think it's a good way. Just my thoughts. Look at this thread.. it's already at 155 posts, now 156, and the game isn't even out yet.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-11-16 17:17:17

@Naruto #152: The game is a digital download, not a physical product, so I'm not sure how you would lose a copy. If you receive a copy and still want to support us, you could simply donate—or, you could pay it forward and gift a copy to someone else.

@hadi.gsf #154: Sorry, that was an oversight on my part...honestly, considering how long the other topic about AHC has been up, I figured anyone who had any interest in it would have already had a frame of reference, so I didn't think it was important to post a second copy of the game description here. Lesson learned, though—when the game releases and we post our official release thread, I'll be sure to include the game description and other relevant details.

2017-11-16 18:03:45

Coolness. On a slightly unrelated note the soundtrack did get me through the rather tedious chore of doing laundry this morning LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-11-16 18:27:21

Hi,
Even though  I have added soundtracks on Apple music(hoping you guys get some revenue out of it) I have gone out of my way to not listen to them, why you ask?
I prefer to experience everything in a game the first time I play it,and soundtrack from how they are to where they play in a game is a major part of it for me that is to say,the game content along with the soundtrack would be far more fun for the first time I here than one before and the other together later on.
I know, I am wierd big_smile
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-11-16 20:31:39

That does make sense.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-11-17 01:33:00

My inner self's reaction to discovering this thread and the release date announcement: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Excitement doesn't even begin to describe my feelings. I do hope you can reinstall on another computer, because I'm not sure how long this one will last me. The sounds it keeps making still concern me even though nothing else seems to be going wrong with it...

2017-11-17 01:48:35

Hello.

I know this is very off topic and for that I apologize.

@The Imaginatrix.

If you've had your pc or laptop for over 3 years or  if it's the fan or hard drive that's making the strange sound, I'd highly recommend looking into getting a new one if you can.

If you can't, replacing the internal hard drive or fan might help but could be a bit expensive.

I know I could have private messaged you but as far as I know, you can't get an email when someone sends you a private message on this forum and I wanted to make sure that you got to play this game as soon as you can.

It's going to be awesome.

I'm gone for real :)

2017-11-17 14:23:31

Yeah really. The hard drive on my last laptop died after I'd only had it a year. But then my mother had it for two or three years before I took it over. As for the game I wonder if it'll be an online registration system like Entombed? Then if you got a new machine all you had to do would be log in and it would find your registration info automatically. Of course that could be a problem if for whatever reason you didn't have convenient internet access.

2017-11-17 17:38:57

You know,
if you are getting a new computer you probably have the net access. This is not 1980 smile

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-11-17 17:57:13

I also hope that it works across multiple machines, one copy for laptop, one for desktop.

2017-11-17 18:05:27

won't it get sold through steam? If yes, then the steam client and game just have to be installed on any computers you want it to go.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-11-17 18:09:44

Not necessarily. Sometimes you can't afford internet access or what you have might not be reliable enough to chance trying to download a game. What if you fall on hard times and have to cut net access to save money? So no, Nuno, my comment still has relevance. I know plenty of people who for one reason or another either don't have or have very limited internet access at home, so they might have trouble either downloading or registering a game that had an online component. This may not be 1980 but getting a computer does not automatically mean having internet access. But I agree about finding a registration option for AHC that's both convenient for users and reasonably secure.

2017-11-17 18:30:04

It's also been stated the game will not be released for steam immediately, and wil be a possible post release consideration.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-11-17 18:32:48

BryanP—the distribution method of the game is going to be digital download. So, it is a given that internet access will be required to at least purchase the game. You make a good point about sometimes having to cut internet access, though. Those are the sorts of things we're trying to sort out. I'm not directly involved in the discussions about DRM but I know those are all things that have been taken into consideration. For example, we want users to have the freedom to install on a different machine if they get a new computer or have a desktop and a laptop—but we also don't want users to be able to simply share their copy with anyone and everyone and have dozens of different people using the same registration. It's a tough balance.

@Connor #166: The initial release will not be on Steam, nor can we guarantee a Steam release. We are definitely hoping and planning to release on Steam once the graphics are implemented but as I've said before, that is ultimately out of our hands, since games have to go through an approval process to be included on Steam. Currently that process is a Steam Greenlight campaign, though I understand Steam is planning to change this and make it a simple submission fee. All of that is to say, we can't promise an eventual Steam release because it's not 100% in our power to guarantee, but either way, the December 29 release will definitely NOT include a Steam release.

2017-11-17 22:05:07

I think it's worth mentioning that having limited internet access also goes for people who just happen to live in the country.
If you're outside city limits, greedy internet service giants think you don't matter.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-11-17 22:13:37

I was actually referring more to the registration system itself since you can always back up the download file. Of course backing up the registration information itself is never a bad idea whenever possible. I know I for one plan to back up the game itself and, if applicable, the registration info. But of course that's going to depend on what the game's registration system turns out to be. I certainly don't want to see the game pirated if that can be at all avoided without unduely inconveniencing legitimate players. The trouble of course is that no registration system is completely proof against hackers.

2017-11-18 02:27:41 (edited by Valmorian 2017-11-18 02:30:24)

you can certainly come close though. for those who don't have internet, you could always use some kind of data I doubt the game will be that big, so downloading it and then registering it might not be a problem. I'm assuming the registration will be online sense any thing else would make it hackable, but I don't really no about such things. Not to mention that most new computers don't seem to have cd drives so the only way to have a hard copy and make sure you can use it, would be on some sort of storage device. I think it's kind of funny that when you buy a new computer like a desktop they send you cds  even though you can't actually use them

2017-11-18 16:07:45

Mine does have the CD drive. But if you don't have reliable internet access you can't very well register a game if the registration is online.

2017-11-19 01:01:00

Either way I get more excited for the game the closer we get to the release date. I'm also for sure going to try and get some sighted friends to describe the graphics once that version comes out, for curiosity's sake if nothing else.

2017-11-19 05:46:39

Oh, very much agree with the post above. When the graphics do come out, I'm gonna have my wife describe things to me. This will be totally awesome!!!

2017-11-20 18:05:07

We're almost sure now that it's the CD drive that's my issue, but Mum wants to get me a new computer soon anyways because I use my computer a LOT and she wants the best for me. I do understand the concerns Joseph and the other devs have and I really don't want this game ruined by pirates. Not this one. The price is reasonable and the game's gonna be amazing.

2017-11-20 21:06:43

Nor do I.