2017-11-02 00:56:02 (edited by magurp244 2017-11-02 00:56:28)

AudiMesh3D is a result of my tinkering with 3D modeling for the past few weeks, it allows users to view STL format 3D models using a variety of tools similar to those in BrushTone, such as a Sonifier, Cursor Scan, with 3D positional Audio and HRTF, and Braille Display output. Meshes are rendered with a Depth Map view giving them a better sense of shape and form, as well as being more optimized for Sonifying with [Peter Meijers Image to Sound Algorithm]. STL format models by the way are also largely used by 3D printers, heh.

You can grab the latest version here: [AudiMesh3D v1.0.0]

If you'd like to get your 3D modeling groove on you can also grab [OpenSCAD] which is a scripting based 3D modeler. There's documentation [here] and a guide [here]. To create 3D models all you need is a text editor and to save your scripts as a plain text file, like "your-script.txt", preferably in the OpenSCAD folder. Then to compile it into an STL model just head to the command line and type:

openscad -o your-model.stl your-script.txt

After that if AudiMesh3D is also in the same folder you can straight load it for viewing like so:

audimesh3d your-model.stl

There are also all sorts of things you can take a look at over at [thingiverse], such as tools, decorations, costumes, toys, etc. Although some of them may be broken into individual pieces for better 3D printing. A few nice ones include this [Low Poly Mask], these [Collection of Puzzles], or some [Assorted Braille Dice].

I'm interested in hearing peoples thoughts on it, so if anyone has any questions, comments, problems, or suggestions, feel free to leave a reply.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-11-02 02:25:47

Dude I love you in a non sexual way. I will be checking this out.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2017-11-02 02:26:56

Oh can I make 3d buildings with this or just models on printers?

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2017-11-02 02:41:42 (edited by magurp244 2017-11-02 02:54:10)

Technically AudiMesh3D can only view 3D models, not create them itself. But I see no reason why you couldn't do both with OpenSCAD, the CAD software allows users to create 3D models which can then be 3D printed, but the printing is purely optional. Really any modeling program with a scripting system that outputs STL format files would work.

2018-02-14 03:48:49

I appear to be having trouble with the thing. I wonder if my anti-virus is striking again. I see no reason for it to be doing so, but you know, that thing probably is doing things upon the software being unzipped...again. Nope. Just checked with the usual culprit turned off. It appears that the program is not running. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-02-14 04:23:41

Hm, what OS and/or anti-virus are you using? It may encounter some issues running on more modern systems, you could try disabling display scaling on high DPI settings or running it in compatibility mode for win xp.

2018-02-15 07:49:13

This doesn't work on Mac, does it?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-02-15 09:10:58

No, its windows only i'm afraid. I don't have any access to mac hardware, so a port isn't likely in the near future. You could potentially try wine or a similar windows emulator perhaps.

2018-02-16 03:50:44

Sorry I haven't replied in a while. I am using windows 7 and Nortan is the antivirus.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-02-16 08:50:50

If adjusting compatibility or disabling the display scaling on High DPI settings doesn't work, then its difficult to tell what could be going on. If your up to it, you could download a debug version of AudiMesh3D I put up [here], run it from the command prompt and see if theres any output.

2018-02-16 09:36:59

Wow will be checking this out, this sounds pretty cool.
Question for brush tone, how do you get the program to launch in full window?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-02-16 10:06:11

The state of BrushTone isn't preserved from session to session, so there isn't any way to have it go fullscreen by default at the moment, although it seems I didn't mention the fullscreen toggle in the documentation. You can press Alt + Enter to switch to fullscreen, or you could click in the upper right to maximize the window.