2017-10-31 12:39:01

Hello everyone,
  So as of yesterday morning, every time I power off my laptop and come back on and attempt to open TW Blue, it tells me that an exception has occurred. Now, I don't know if this is my computer or my Wi-Fi, but usually I'd just have to re-enter all of my accounts. This is not working now. Even the session manager refuses to open and when it does it refuses to open the app authorization web page. Does anyone know what this could be? Mom says she will be contacting our Internet provider today to see what it might be. Thank you in advance.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-31 18:19:56

Hello,

Did you changed the time settings recently?

2017-10-31 19:50:02

Not that I am aware of, no. I think there may have been a time shift lately but I am not quite sure. It just started out of nowhere yesterday, and after resetting the Conternet last night it fixed itself, but then again this morning it had the same issue. In the middle of writing I have been told there is a time shift coming up November 5th. Would that affect anything?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-31 20:52:55

Well, not exactly. It may cause problems (especially with the streaming feature) when your PC's time is not synchronised according to your region. Are you using the portable or installable version of TWBlue?

2017-10-31 21:14:01

I am using the installed version. I was thinking about running from source but it seems complicated. I really think it's my Internet, but if the installed version could be an issue, that could be good to know.

2017-10-31 21:56:08

It's not exactly an issue, but probably you are running the cached database (I have to admit that I have been against that feature for ages, but people seems to like it). That feature allows you to save your tweets across restarts in a special database, but this database can be corrupted and stuff like that. If you have heard a message about TWBlue unable to shelve the database, that may be the problem. You can try to disable the database settings (you'll find that option in the account settings dialogue).
If you are unable to start TWBlue, it may be because something went wrong in your account. You may try to delete the config directory and start again. If you want to do so, here are the needed steps:
1. Press Windows+r
2. Type %appdata% and press enter
3. Look for the folder named TWBlue and remove it.
4. Start TWBlue and see if you can configure your account again.

2017-11-01 00:48:43

That's actually what I've been doing. And I actually run seven accounts right now. Also, Manuel, I have a question. Can you possibly make quoted tweets stay in the mentions buffer even after closing? I find that useful. It was the case a while ago, but no longer for some reason.

2017-11-01 01:29:42

The reason why I have decided to don't include quoted tweets in that buffer is because i cannot guarantee that these tweets will load with the Rest API. I mean, if you are not using a database, when you are loading your TWBlue, I don't have a way for getting these quoted tweets. I think that does not make much sense (like, they work if the streaming API is active, but when you're starting Blue they cannot be detected or retrieved). The only item that we cannot get via the Rest API are events, just because events are real-time based and only the streaming API is able to serve them. Anyway i think I'll file an issue, so people interested in Blue's development can talk about this topic there and we will get a better solution to this.
Regarding your problem, may you send me your logs? If the client never starts, it should generate a file called stderr.log. That file should be located in %tmp% (Windows+R, type %tmp% and press enter).