51

Does the updater say finished? There should be an extraction dialog after that.

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

Thumbs up

52

I am sorry, there isn't any dialogue and also, any archive.

Music is the language of the universe.

Thumbs up

53

OK, now It works, but at previous time It didn't work, maybe around 11 o clock A.M.
I don't know, why.

Music is the language of the universe.

Thumbs up

54

Nice job man, I love this game it is fantastic.

Thumbs up

55

mojsior wrote:

Nice job man, I love this game it is fantastic.

Why thank you! smile

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

Thumbs up

56

Oh man, this game is awesome! Keep adding more and more stuff, and maybe levels and a story in the future! I'm a big Star Wars fan! I love this game! Keep it up!

I’m half monkey, half human.
When in the forest, I grab everything that gets in my way, At school I watch videos or do something else,
It’s monkey business.
Business monkey’s here!

Thumbs up

57

The coll gamer wrote:

Oh man, this game is awesome! Keep adding more and more stuff, and maybe levels and a story in the future! I'm a big Star Wars fan! I love this game! Keep it up!

Thanks! smile I wrote this because I know there are people who've been craving for a Star Wars game. smile
@Giovani, the game title window should display V1.45 if it's up-to-date.

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

Thumbs up

58

V1.46 with twirling-related tweaking is out. Available via the in-game updater.

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

Thumbs up

59

Hello, all!
This week I will be working on an online mode where you first connect, then select your rank and side, and then type in a name for yourself. The connection between you and the server will be encrypted, and the server will most probably include a chat where you can talk with your fellow duellers. More info will be available once I progress. smile

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

Thumbs up

60

This feels like the sort of game that would go great with a joystick or mouse. smile

Some of my games
Keep up to date by following @Jeqofire on twitter!
Ear Ninja?

Thumbs up

61

Hello there.. For the online mode, why not instead of players choozing their level, you make a ranking system? So.. A player starts as an apprentice. The more players you beat, your rank rises, until you eventually become master.

Thumbs up

62

caio wrote:

Hello there.. For the online mode, why not instead of players choozing their level, you make a ranking system? So.. A player starts as an apprentice. The more players you beat, your rank rises, until you eventually become master.

That's what I've been lately thinking. But you can't duel masters as an apprentice, that'd be way too unfair since they could twirl, for instance, but you could not. You could duel the ones at your rank and those below you. If you were a knight, you could duel knights, trainees, and apprentices. smile
I'll release a V1.5 update soon which will have a pace selection where you can select how quickly the computer attacks goes for the offline mode. There'll be five paces available. There is  a general attack speed per each difficulty level, but the pace will affect it as much as it is reasonable.

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

Thumbs up

63

I really gotta get the latest version of this, any links around? If its not the latest version i can use the updater, but I still have a really old version.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

Thumbs up

64

Rory wrote:

I really gotta get the latest version of this, any links around? If its not the latest version i can use the updater, but I still have a really old version.

If the window title displays V1.46, your game's up-to-date.

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

Thumbs up

65

Rory wrote:

I really gotta get the latest version of this, any links around? If its not the latest version i can use the updater, but I still have a really old version.

You can download the extractor for the latest version from:
http://prometheus-enterprises.com/games/CoL.exe

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

Thumbs up

66

Hello! A small suggestion: Would it be pocible to add more sounds for when the enemi is hit? I ask this because if you just go by sound alone, its
impocible to know when your attacks hit. Pluz it would add more atmosphere to the game, imo..

Thumbs up

67

konsta wrote:
burak wrote:

Hello,
Can you try to make it non-turn based, because that was what lighttech did. It would make the game more fun. Also can you add the e key to check the eneemy's health?

It's actually not turn-based. It's just restricted so that you can't continuously attack the enemy without defending first, nor defend continuously to be sure to block everything.

Haven't played this yet, but will give it a try soon... if this is a true lightsaber-based duelling game, then it shouldn't be restricted like that There are better ways to achieve that kind of balance such as attack strings, combinations, etc. Restricting so that I can't attack without defending doesn't allow me to play my own way, and makes it sound like another hear and react game. Just a thought. Movement would also be nice... whether horrizontal side scroller fashion, or 360 degree movement.

regards,
assault_freak

Thumbs up

68

I'd love to see online play,

but not sure how you'd go about it with the mechanics.

Right now you listen to your opponent before blocking, so I'm not sure how you would go about this online.

Would one of you get to attack first, or would it be more like the style in Karateka where once you block, you get to hit your opponent as many times as you like until they manage to block, then it's your turn to attack, until they manage to defend your hits.

Someone once called it a rhythm game, but is that even accurate for something like this?

The way it is at the moment is hear sound, react by block, attack and hope you hit, repeat, which is fine for single player, not sure about online though.

Thumbs up

69

kool_turk wrote:

I'd love to see online play,

but not sure how you'd go about it with the mechanics.

Right now you listen to your opponent before blocking, so I'm not sure how you would go about this online.

Would one of you get to attack first, or would it be more like the style in Karateka where once you block, you get to hit your opponent as many times as you like until they manage to block, then it's your turn to attack, until they manage to defend your hits.

Someone once called it a rhythm game, but is that even accurate for something like this?

The way it is at the moment is hear sound, react by block, attack and hope you hit, repeat, which is fine for single player, not sure about online though.

I'll have to think on that. smile Right now I am working on a survival mode which will have a small map and you'll get to face enemies. If you lose health, you'll start the next battle with the health you had when the last one ended.

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

Thumbs up

70

I have a suggestion for how online would work (and alsso ofline, if you feel like it). Basically, remove the up arrow. So for example. You attack me from the right. I deffend by pressing right. To attack, I'd press eiter right, left or down. I'd be able to chooze my attack position. This would make things more dinamic and interesting, imo. You'd be able to create a falce patern (right, left, center), and break it (right, left, right). This would add a bit of strategy to the game.

Thumbs up

71

caio wrote:

I have a suggestion for how online would work (and alsso ofline, if you feel like it). Basically, remove the up arrow. So for example. You attack me from the right. I deffend by pressing right. To attack, I'd press eiter right, left or down. I'd be able to chooze my attack position. This would make things more dinamic and interesting, imo. You'd be able to create a falce patern (right, left, center), and break it (right, left, right). This would add a bit of strategy to the game.

Not a bad idea that. smile I'll have to think on how the enemy would react offline, I mean the blocking and all that. But definitely doable.

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

Thumbs up

72

This still means the characters remain stationary... see my previous post, post 67.

regards,
assault_freak

Thumbs up

73

Hello.
This is a very good game, nice Job and Keep up the great work!
Happy gaming!

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you're doing, you will be successful." (Herman Cain, american businessman)

Thumbs up

74

When I try to run this game I get this error. error
The vital components are missing.
OK
I have extracted the game, and redownloaded it sevral times. I even installed Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime Plus 2.2.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

Thumbs up

75 (edited by defender 2017-11-02 06:56:11)

Here are my suggestions to make the game a bit more realistic.


1. Change trainee to initiate or youngling, either one works, and fight against another Jedi initiate (not a sith) with training sabers, which are regular light sabers with a magnetic field around the blade, which can still make shallow cuts and light burns; you could put an effect on the sound.
2. Change apprentice to Padawan, and deflect blaster bolts back at a platoon of storm troopers or battle droids instead of dueling a Sith.
3. Change Sith knight to Sith apprentice.


Here is my reasoning.
1. Younglings aren't ready to fight outside the Jedi temple until they are at least around 13 or 14, often later, until then, they practice the 3 schools of force, and the 7 styles of light saber combat, as soon as they are old enough that is, around 9 or 10, and they use the training sabers, because they need to go on a quest for a crystal to make their own full power version, which is a major part of the test to become a Padawan.
2. A Padawan would never be expected to face a full fledged Sith lord unless their mentor was for some reason unable to do so, or their was absolutely no other choice, they just aren't skilled enough, with the exception of only a few very famous ones, so they are much more likely to be used as a distraction, lookout, backup etc (plus you wanted to add storm troopers anyway...
3. Sith have a thing called the rule of two, starting back with the very first star wars movie and continuing on, which states that their shall always be only 1 master and 1 apprentice, 1 to embody the dark side of the force, and the other to crave it; that means that Jedi have three unit types, and Sith only have two, hence the storm troopers or battle droids.


I got all my info from the amusingly named wookieepedia which is the official star wars wiki.


On another note, I think it would be cool if closing menus made the saber sheath sound, since opening makes the saber draw sound.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up