2008-07-22 22:47:51

I created amap that I can play on in soundRTS. It looks like it would be a good one, but my major problem is coming up with a good story line for it. I have lot of resoarses on this map, but the major pot of gold, as I would put it, is at k11. I have made it so you could hold this area assuming you can get to it. Anywhere from 2 to 9 people can play on this map. I'm calling it shadows of war if this name isn't taken. I would like to share it with others, but the question is where? everyone will start off with a armey of their own and the buildings to support them and to make more, but if they fall to the fow, then good luck. How many want it?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-07-23 13:04:37

you could make it like there was like this army yeah and they came and killed evryone yeah and you ha e to like fight em.
And what is that slogan thing at the end of what you wrote.

2008-07-23 15:10:43

what, "not all that is gold" thing? got it out of lord of the rings. hmmm. Where is a good place to up load the map? I'm working on a way to say something like what was already said. Of corse you are fighting each other, but tthe title should say something. I should be done withthe the storyline here soon. Are you fighting over land, gold, or resorces? Why are shadows of war hanging over everything you do? will you survive to the end of the aproaching doom? you know war is coming, but will you make it threw the storms of war? As you can see I still need to work on it.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-07-24 10:40:12

hmmm, why not contact jeen luke? o sorry I have difficulties spelling his name but any way, that's what i would do.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2008-07-24 13:07:52

Hi,
You could upload it to sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com).
Hth,
Elliott.

2008-07-24 15:27:27

I think I will do either of those, but I think I found a few holes in the map that I need to correct. the map is 24 by 24. is this big enough for nine players? the square wifth is 26. I want this map to take awhile to get across, and I want it hard to find each other so that yall think real hard about using scouts and mages in the tagtics. yall will start off with five of footmen up to five of dragons. with no dout, no one will be without an army. As for the buildings, yall will have one of each. Does this sound good?

DropBox Referral

2008-07-25 19:11:13

Right. How about yeah theres like people who are whild and are attaking evryones villages and you have to stop them, you get a reward in gold or something.
LIke most of the map could be like woods where they hide in and each side has a small village can you add new things like mountains?

2008-07-25 23:30:55 (edited by cw 2008-07-26 00:01:47)

I don't think I can add mountains, but does anyone have any ideas on the limit are on the players? I got 9 as for the maxamem,but I think I would like to bring it up to 15. I'm just about done with the storyline. it basicly goes like this.

the king died about a year ago, and his kingdom fragmented to the point that where none really rules, but his army has a big say so in what happons in the kingdom, but it is falling a part. you left the armey because you don't really agree with what is going on. taking 5 footmen, 5 archers, 5 knights, 5 catapolts, 5 mages and 5 dragons with you and set up camp out in the middle of nowhere. You would have takened more with you but noone agreed with the reason you gave, but you heard roomers that the armey basicly fell apart after you left. each part wanting all of the kingdom for themselves. They all killed each other until there were only a few groups left. You know that there is at least one other group and as many as eight out there that are willing to take the kingdom. are you going to let them? The shadows of trees and the shadows of war are to different types of shadows. The shadows of trees means shade from the sun where as the shadows of war means hate along with pain  for all involved. There is doom for all who lives in a fragmenting kingdom. will you survive?
edit
go here for the map.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0oypzd

DropBox Referral

2008-07-26 08:13:59

the new version of soundRts does something with getting maps from servers, I'm wondering how this works but apparently it'll download new maps from servers or something.
Yes, you can actually bring it up to 15. in fact, I've only recently made a map that can be played with 17 players, and despite that, it will go fast when the map is full. I've made squares from a1 to a100, so it's all a straight line. Although i really wouldn't see seventeen players playing the same server at once. THat'd be just so rare. Maybe for a small school class you could demonstrate the gameand let everyone have a hand at it or something... hmm. And i don't know how fast the map will go in multiplayer. After all, i only tried the map on singleplayer, and that went fine as it was.

2008-08-16 20:01:43

OK yall, the map is finished I think it will be included in the next version of soundRTS. I put the storyline in the comments. the following address leads to the map on sendspace. enjoy.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dc1ecn

PS posted it on soundRTS chat under the nickname hunter
PPS how do I put the title on the link to make it say click here to get this map or something?

DropBox Referral