2017-09-04 00:15:17 (edited by DjkW25 2017-09-04 00:16:55)

Hi. me and a friend want to be able to control each others computers as we both play flight sims and on long flights it's handy to both be able to take the controls. by the way, my youtube chanle can be found at blind flightsimmer. We used to use nvda remote, but the other day I was streaming and my laptop started being weird and opening random pages. I think it was someone somehow getting into my remote, and now I don't trust it. Could someone recommend a way of remotely controlling each others computers that's accessible and relatively easy to use.
thanks.

2017-09-04 01:29:14

I've used NVDA remote, but to be honest it's not very safe, i had that same thing happen once. I also use jaws tandom mode witch seems more sicure.Is this kind of thing even legal? I've always sort of questioned this. Isn't it only legal if your computer is being controled by a company that is doing tech support or something?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-09-04 01:45:52

Why wouldn't it be legal if you allow it?

2017-09-04 02:28:42

A system is only as secure as you allow it to be, in this case what you set your key to. If your key is something like 123, computer, remote, game, you get the point then of course there's a higher chance of someone guessing it, most times not meaning to.
If access to a computer is granted by its owner, that's perfectly legal. Just think of it in the form of an analogy. You give someone a key to your house to help you out.

2017-09-04 03:12:28 (edited by jack 2017-09-04 03:13:45)

And legality has nothing to do with it anyway. So, in other words, if you allow it, it's fine. What server were you using? I can let you access my nvda remote server, and to prove no one else but those I've given access to will acces sit, I'll have you pm me for server info. As for Jaws Tandum security? Closed to the user? Nuh-uh, I'm taking control of my own server, thank-you. I believe that open source, if you know what you're doing, can be even more secure than depending on a company.

2017-09-09 09:04:14

true and  nvda remotereally good other then that stupid jaws tandum