2017-09-19 13:53:13

Nocturnus

What a fantastic report on the storm!
I have friends in Orlando and Saint Petersburg that got thurgh okay.
They had about two days of power and internet outage.
What's worse is the storm stopped our Dungeons and Dragons game after fifteen minutes, like rolling a 1 on a d20.
A bad guy had almost kicked one of our players, a shape  shifting albino  armadillo into the water.

2017-09-24 17:43:33

well hell o hell Odin allseer and ... ok this isn't my day.

Let's see what we can count off for my life progression,
oh yeah getting over a flue I thought was going to be one of the worst ones I've ever had but I must've gotten a minor case of it - though it hit my parents hard so I'm glad I don't live with them anymore.
Started school, having fun, being lazy in typical fascion, running around to various places, chased some girls online (though that wasn't necessarily this month) - I've actually "given up" on the whole dating aspect - or at least it doesn't seem as interesting to me anymore. I'm getting older I guess.

Started a metal band ... wait what the fuck?
Not sure where it's going yet but I met likeminded people in the new school and we all were former musicians and wanted to play again but could not because of student living accomidations (usually not the best places for drumkits or growling / pig squealing tongue )
I came up with the idea that we could all get a hall together and contribute with a little bit of money each and have it to hang out, and use it for music or other creative things (the group of people consists of a lot of painters)
then someone wanted to play some metal and a sub group of that bigger group decided it was an excellent idea.
So I've been looking around for places to play at but I haven't found anything so far.
We're going to discuss it more this Wednesday, apparently one of the people found a possible solution so we're going to contact someone in a good position about it.

Other than that, well ... learning how to live alone, and applying for a guide dog soon I hope. I guess there isn't much that can be said for it - because honestly I'd just sit down and play some arcade game or whatever.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-09-24 22:33:05

Hi LordLondon.
Sounds like you got a lot going on. I hope you are able to get your band going smoothly. If you do manage to start your band, I would love to hear some of your music, I love metal bands, and always enjoy listening to new musicians and bands.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-09-27 02:31:43

Hello.
Well it's been a long time since I posted in one of these topics! I always enjoy hearing about what people are up to.
Well I've been listening to a lot of music lately especially country. Dwight Yoakam, Travis Tritt, The Afters, stryper, third day, Toby Keith, skillet, Chad Bushnell, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson, among others. The older I get the more I love country music, I guess because I grew up on it. Back in the 90s that and rock n roll was all my parents listened to. I guess I like it because it talks about everyday things, hardship, things like that, that people can relate to.
I've been going through a lot of action movies, spider-man, a lot of Clint Eastwood movies, superman, all that fun stuff.
I've been playing a lot of guitar, which is always fun. I have a lot of books to read but haven't gotten to them yet. I never get tired of novels with a whole lot of action in them lol! I really need to get cracking on the Brent weeks novels, which are very very fast-paced fantasy novels like thrillers. I like those because there are assassins. The night angel trilogy is all about assassins. In the series they call them wetboys, which I think is a nasty name. Wetboy sounds like somebody who works in sewers or some other worse things come to mind but I won't mention them. If I was an assassin, I'd want to be called an assassin, not a wetboy lol!
I've also been thinking about rereading two Stephen King novels dreamcatcher and cell I like cell the most because it's a strange zombie survival story. Dreamcatcher is cool too, but I don't like some parts,if you've read dreamcatcher, I think you can guess which parts I'm talking about lol!. I do like the fact that it's an alien invasion story there aren't many good ones like that out there.
I've also been practicing my programming skills which is very relaxing. If I'm lucky I'll get to be on a development team for an rpg, I haven't gotten the gig yet, but I'm preparing myself in case I do.
Anyway that covers what's going on in my boring life right now, if you got through this post then you can probably get through anything lol!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-09-30 16:48:34

Well things over here have been rather stressful, or at least inconvenient.

Over the past week on each and every given day either my lady or I have been a combination of feeling really ill, or feeling really tired, or both.

Indeed we were supposed to be going to a local wind band concert this afternoon supposedly playing film music as now the local theatre is within walking distance only it looks like I'll be going on my own.
To compound that, the wireless on my windows 10 laptop has gone on the fritz and randomly seems to be turning itself off. Not the network, the entire wireless capacity. The problem?  unlike my good old xp Toshiba this has no switch to just turn it back on and running the diagnostic just tells me to push the damb switch or turn on via the function keys.
I've tried various function key combos to no  avail, and since I don't know the model number I'm not sure what the exact combination is, or why it's randomly  turning off for no reason, then mysteriously coming back a few hours later only to equally mysteriously vanish again.
What is even odder,  is that it hasn't done this before on any of the other wireless networks I've been on.

It's currently in an off phase, so no email or games for me, though I've hijacked my lady's laptop at least long enough to check the forum, which isn't ideal.

god I want my desktop back!

Okay, winj over.

On the plus side, I've been  reading the startrek rereads over on tor.com, which are sort of interesting, even if I don't agree with the guy reviewing all the episodes.
I would post a link, but guess where all my favourites links are? that's right, on my currently unwired laptop, but googling startrek rewatch and looking on tor.com should find them for anyone interested.

I've also been reading another  nebula awards sf collection, which has been good as usual, although all the complaining about  repetitive films and franchise milking in the early nineties rather makes me smile (I wonder what those cryticis think these days).

Next up I do need to get back to book reviews,  and I want a break from fantasy after Robin hobb so it's a toss up at the moment between  Coline Mcculla's first man in rome, which is a series I really want to start though they are very long, or Octavia Butler's parable of the sower, since I fansy doing something with a different setting and I've not read anything  apocalyptic since I did cell last year.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)