2018-03-27 19:39:23

Hello!

I'm Oryx. I work as a builder on a MUD called Armageddon. I've come to see if I can find someone who has prior experience with Armageddon MUD or maybe several people experienced with this type of game to give it a try. I'm looking for tips to make the experience more welcoming and streamlined for the visually impaired.

Thumbs up +1

2018-03-27 21:14:35

Hi Oryx.

I've seen Armageddon mud on the mud connector and the setting sounded intreaguing, there are certainly plenty of mudders here and some who really enjoy rp and perhaps have even tried Armageddon before so your likely to find what your looking for.

though Armageddon has been around for a while I'd recommend you put a topic about the game in new releases as we haven't had a specific discussion of it here, and that way you can also ask about accessibility type matters.

Welcome to the forum.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-29 05:24:03

I'm ansmith. I'm a new member of the forum audiogames, very pleased to be acquainted and make friends to share everything in life with people. Especially learned from the forum.

Thumbs up

2018-03-29 20:23:43

Hi ansmith and welcome to the forum.

Would you mind saying a little more please so we can be absolutely certain your not a spambot. You don't have to write a huge introduction or the like, but a little information about whether your interested in the subject of this forum might be helpful, EG what games you like, whether you have an interested in sound based games, whether you are in fact a human person resident on planet earth etc.

thanks. Apologies for being suspicious but we have had spambot issues here previously.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-01 22:00:31

Hi I'm Austin. I've heard about this site on a few occasions and most recently in Karen Stevens' GDC talk, which I looked up after hearing a bit about Madden from someone at CSUN a couple weeks ago. I'm mainly here to learn more about audio games and to browse the off-topic channel for interesting content.

Thumbs up

2018-04-02 07:16:56

Hello amarr and welcome to the forum, this is certainly the place to find out about audiogames and random other things, so hopefully ou'll have fun here.

2018-04-03 16:53:38

Hi! My name is Tristan, and I'm a blind 13 year old guy from Norway. I love audio gaming, and I've played audiogames since 2015. I found out about Beatstar December 2015, and up untill that point, I thought that it was umpossible for us blind to do gaming. Later I found out about Adventure at c:, and thought it was just amazing. It took me over one year to beat it, and at that point, I realised that you don't have to be able to see to have totally awesome gaming expiriences. Since then I've played many many many audiogames, and I'd love to join this forum to discuss audiogaming With someone that are also blind. I think this is a great Place to share my ideas, and other Things, like stages for Adventure At C: and just talk about audiogaming.

2018-04-03 16:56:21 (edited by haily_merry 2018-04-03 17:00:10)

You might want to properly create your account first.
Btw, how are you posting anyway? Your account doesn’t even show up and there’s no link to it in your post.

Thumbs up

2018-04-03 17:20:06

hello. My name is Remi, I'm a blind person from norway. I like to play audiogames. I found out about audiogames in 2015.

I am 12 years old
The first audiogame I played was super egg hunt
I would like to joyn this forum, so I can talk to other about audiogames, and  maby post stages for adventure at c:

have a Nice day

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

Thumbs up +1

2018-04-03 19:04:38

Hi there! I finally managed to make a real acount, but in case you don't know who I am, I'll say it again, hahaha. I'm Tristan, a blind  13 year old guy from Norway. I love audiogaming, and I'd love to join this forum. I found out about audiogames in 2015 and have since played a lot of them. I've played Bop It since 2013, and at first, I didn't know that there was computer games for the blind out there. I discovered Beatstar in december 2015, and then found out about Adventure At C:, Super egg hunt, and many other games. I think this forum is a great Place to figure out more about audiogames, and also share my ideas and thoughts, and post stages for Adventure At C: Anyway, you're probably very tired of me telling about myself, and I'm sorry for all the confusion With my stupid guest acount. Haha.
Happy late easter,
Tristan!

Thumbs up

2018-04-04 03:56:26

Stupid question of the day: how the fuck do you have guest accounts anyway?
Also, in case you haven’t checked the names topic, my name was Charlie on SBYW, so cool to see you guys here.

Thumbs up

2018-04-04 14:59:03

@Remi and tristan welcome to the forum, hope you have fun around here, this is certainly the place to discuss audiogames from adventure at C to Egghunt and beyond.

Btw, glad you created the account there Tristan.

2018-04-04 18:45:55

I'm also wondering about that too. Could someone post here on this thread even if they don't have an account here?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

Thumbs up

2018-04-04 23:08:23

Hello everyone. My name is Michael Vinocur. I am the founder of the online shopping application known as the Pay With Chip Marketplace. A thread was started here with some really great questions and I wanted to have an opportunity to answer them. Thanks!

Thumbs up +1

2018-04-05 02:06:02

like bk3Hi
I likes games

Thumbs up

2018-04-05 02:50:47

Sorry my other post got cut off
I’m using dictation on my phone to write this
I have a Windows PC, if this works very very messed up I’m sorry
I like games such as heroes call, BKA three, and some others
Feel free to contact me
By the way I am 14

Thumbs up

2018-04-05 02:53:30 (edited by haily_merry 2018-04-05 02:57:36)

Lol. BKA3? Roflflflflflflflflflflflfl.
You might want to look through your posts before submitting, also I would check every time you dictate something, and never try doing it all at once. It fucks up.

Thumbs up

2018-04-05 16:38:11

Hi Michael.

Though this is primarily a site about accessible games, yes obviously a lot of tech gets discussed here to.
The thread about the pay with chip marketplace is here and if you can allay some people's concerns I think that might be appreciated.

@brooks, hello and welcome to the forum, hope you have fun.
Btw, You might want to think about trying a more efficient way of making posts than relying on Siri's ability with dictation, since as you noticed dictation can be a bit screwy, and this is a discussion forum after all, so perhaps using a windows pc or getting a bluetooth keyboard for your Iphone might be helpful.

Either way, hope you find some good games to play an enjoy being here.

2018-04-05 17:28:43

@Dark Thanks so much. I can't wait for the opportunity to share. Thank you for approving!

Thumbs up

2018-04-06 17:42:43

Hello everyone. I am Veljko. I love audiogames, and all that audiogame ish stuff. I'll post if I release any games of mine.

---------------
There will come nothing, for there was nothing.

Thumbs up

2018-04-06 20:08:00

Greetings and welcome your audiogameness.
any games you come up with would certainly be interesting to know about, equally  feel free to just hang out and chat about audiogames, as it is sort of what we do here.

2018-04-09 12:04:12

Hi everyone,

My name is Zohar. For the past year I have been working on an accessibility software library for Unreal Engine 4 game engine. The goal of this library is to make it easy for game developers to make video games and XR (VR\AR\MR) accessible for people who are blind or have low vision.

This social impact project was a challenge I took upon myself, working full-time for a year using my own savings. A year later, I would like to share with you what the Accessible Realities library can do, be part of the community and ask for your valuable feedback...

Thank you!
Zohar

Thumbs up +1

2018-04-09 18:17:21

I'm a long-time audiogames.net lurker. I've read all the news, and most of the new releases on and off for like ten years, and finally decided I was invested enough to just do it and post already. While I enjoy a quality first-person shooter (and recently learned how diverse that genre really is, after spending a weekend listening to a couple friends become entirely immersed in Farcry 5), I'm really looking for a multiplayer team-on-team RTS. My all-time favorite audiogames have been Sound RTS, back in the day before project development mostly died out and winning the game just became a matter of  all the right bullet points being checked off quickly enough; Smugglers 5, though grinding became really tedious once I knew how the game worked; Swamp, before it became dominated by a few level 524,552,000 people; warsim, because it's fun as hell even though I'd really love that kind of game with a more serious esthetic and story campaign; and A Hero's Call, because the design is so freaking intricate and well-done even though it's not my preferred type of game. I've also spent hours playing quality Muds, most of which were really fun for a few days before I got all the mechanics down, and you had to spend ten plus hours a week in order just to stay relevant. So if anyone has a great mud where that's not needed please, for the love of Dentin, let me know ok? I also despise pay-to-play, which I guess in just another way of saying I'd be really willing to shell out money for well-done, really high quality games. Anyways, though, I realized I'm accidentally posting a general discussion, so I'll just end it here and put it where it belongs. smile

Boldly going where everyone's already been.

Thumbs up

2018-04-09 20:57:58

@Accessible realities, interesting project, we'll certainly look forward to hearing about it, feel free to post in general game discussion, or indeed in new releases if you have anything playable people can try.

@Audacity welcome to the forum, as you might know I'm quite a smugglers fan myself, hope you have fun posting as opposed to just lurking.

2018-04-09 23:16:58

hi all! my name is Adel Spence, and I love the audiogames.net forom! and I want to bee A audiogame programmer! I hup I can bee abble to post... thanks! o... and sory for the mis spelings...

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.