2017-08-29 23:35:22

Hello!

Not sure if this is the right place to post, or whether I should post this at all as I didn't see (lol) anything similar around, but here goes.

I've been going blind from a young age and now am at 24, and realise I've just stopped playing he video games I used to enjoy and never really replaced them with anything new that I could play, so hoping I can pick up some cool new audio games to play that I can potentially play in the long-term and not have to give up.

So to that end, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for any strategy games for a total audiogame newbie? I've mostly historically played games like RTSs - Warcraft, Starcraft, Red Alert, that sort of thing along with turn-based strategies like Civilization, Dominions and so on, so if there's anything remotely like that around that you guys could point me to, that'd be amazing.

I'm also a developer by trade so hopefully once I get to grips a bit with audio games and what there is and isn't within the genre I'll start putting together some stuff of my own!

Thanks in advance and hope this isn't incorrect to post, and hope I get to know some of you guys going forward!

2017-08-29 23:53:59

Hello and welcome Niezck!
Since you are a strategy game fan, I'd want to start you off with either Sounds RTS, or a game of my own called Castaways.  Castaways is similar to Knights and Merchants, if you've ever played that one.  It can be downloaded from here www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/

I'm sure people will have a ton of game suggestions for you.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-08-30 00:10:32

Aprone wrote:

Hello and welcome Niezck!
Since you are a strategy game fan, I'd want to start you off with either Sounds RTS, or a game of my own called Castaways.  Castaways is similar to Knights and Merchants, if you've ever played that one.  It can be downloaded from here www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/

I'm sure people will have a ton of game suggestions for you.

Thanks! I'll definitely check out Castaways - not played that particular title Knights and Merchants but it sounds good.

I watched a couple of youtube videos of people playing SoundRTS actually - that's sort of what led me here in the first place - but it seemed so confusing and chaotic with so much going on. I suppose that's something I'll learn how to process as I play more audio games and move away from visual input when gaming. I guess that's why I'm here after all!

Thanks again for the suggestions!

2017-08-30 00:11:47

Welcome, good to see new faces around here!

If you're looking for something with strategy and a bit of management etc, you could try warsim which can be found over here! I recommend the game, it can be quite interesting from what I've played.
You might also try park boss from NASoft for a business management/amusement park simulater. That one can be found over here.

Once again, welcome to the forums, and enjoy your stay!

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us