2017-08-29 09:22:38

hello,
I have an Iphone 6s and love the ear pods. they have good sound and nice inline controls. the problem for me is however that I use them the whole day, put them in and out of pockets and take them everywhere. This means that usually I use three to four pairs a year. I am looking therefore for a better alternative?
I have thought of investing in Airpods but they can not change volume and skip music with buttons.
I do not like in-ear earphones either because they inhibit to much of the outside sound.
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
With kind regards, Mslion

2017-08-29 18:18:44

hi there,

can I ask the make and model of the ones you are currently using?

the apple air pods are amazing if wireless is what you are after and its no bother to skip tracks either by using siri or using the device itself.

2017-08-29 20:29:24

I am currently using the wired earpods that you get with your Iphone.
The problem I have with airpods is the fact that you can not change volume with buttions. I thought that it would be anoying to take out your phone to change volume or skip songs?

2017-08-29 20:31:08

ooh yeh and I am scared of losing them while traveling? so for me to consider airpods I would also need a good system to keep them safe if they fall out of my ears.

2017-08-29 21:27:27

Fwiw iOS 11 is partially going to solve this problem as you will be able to remap what tapping/double-tapping the left or right AirPods do. You will be Able to pause, skip tracks, or summon Siri. I don't think this will give you a volume control which is why I said it partially solves the problem.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-08-31 10:55:46

all right that is good to know!
I will wait until apple makes its announcements on the 12th of september.
do any of you have an idea for me how to make sure that if the airpods fall out of my airs I will not lose them? I am afraid that I might lose them during traveling?

With kind regards, Mitchel