2017-09-06 15:39:40

I might give that a shot. If nothing elce, it would be interesting to give the Steem guide a reed. Though, I don't usualy NVDA, more of a Jaws person, but that is more because I am firmilliar with Jaws.

2017-09-06 19:33:16

Grabbed the bundle. It's $9.60. I don't know how long it'll last, so if you want it, better get it quick.

2017-09-08 05:46:23

At the moment, I just want to be able to download and play the game, without having to read a guide for a new program.
Just download the game, stick it in my games folder, and play tell I have mastered every single profession, then, mabie, I will look into Invasion. Probubly.
Unfortunitly, I either have to find a steem guide, not knowing what I am getting into, or troll through a bunch of pointless captchas and other frustrations on another sight, and I don't even know for sure if I have an account on it.
Grrr.

2017-09-21 20:45:28

Does anyone know any other paces to get Smugglers 5 other then Steem, and Gog.com?

2017-09-21 22:36:29

Well I have all the dlc and content, all smuglers so I guess if anyone emailed me I could put it up and give it I guess.
On a subnote I put an email to neils, and I usually get a responce.
And its usually quite fast even a slower responce takes no more than 2 weeks.
The fact the last news letter released this year indicated nothing new in fact it appeared neils was moving into the renpy ariea of games as supposed to the older titles but also having more dlc suggests to me that something happened to well stop him answering.
He hasn't answered my email and there havee been no bounces meaning the addresses are stil valid.
Also the site hasn't been updated in ages.
I am not jumping to conclusions, but people do die or dissapear, I mean we are all human after all.
I know neils and have talked to him on several ocasions and its unlikely for him to leave his post like that.
I know his next project was the zombie type survival game he worked on.
I am happy I got the drm free version of smuglers when it was about.
It appears that all his games unless you get them on gog or steam may be dead which is a shame.
I am unsure about how one would go about distributing them, I have no website space I have the files but if he is no longer recieving anything something must have happened suddenly or maybe not.
The fact there hasn't been any news does mean something has come up.
On the other hand its not exactly to far out of charicter for devs neils included to not post for 6 months or more.
But if there is no news by early next year then maybe someone needs to organise a search party.
Its a pitty to be honest for his stuff to suddenly just offline like that.
I can't pretend to have ever completed smuglers as such but its been good for a good button mash when I had time.
Its about the only reason I use a comercial screenreader to be honest.
And about the only reason I'd concidder upgrading supernova.
The other reason is lonewolf because there is a map for it.
But with all the web apps and universals about especiallyw with win10 ocr, nvda is a lot better.
Maybe I could use ocr for smuglers, but I'd have to keep it in the same window and try to keep it there still it may be worth a shot.
A friend who buys games from gog says that you can get packages with everything ever created in them.
So if you can that may be a good option.
I am not sure how accessible or not gog is but whenever I have got something from ich or gamejolt I have always managed direct website downloads.

2017-09-22 12:16:14

Hi all.
Well one user here decided to email to see if I could upload smuglers.
Fact is I said I could but we need to know more.
Right now distributing what would ammount to pirated coppies just won'
't work, I mean what happens if neils replies back to my mail.
You can buy it at other places, what does everyone think I have all the files, however to be honest, until we know more I can't justify just giving things out for no reason.
Worse, if I put it on dropbox not much excuse if its shared with loads and then I get done for cracking stuff because the guy replys.
My pirating days are over.
As I said no jumping to conclusions.
If and I stress, if I did this someone would have to perminantly host my entire archive because of dropbox traffic.
Sadly we don't know enough so till we do I won't be putting files out.
All I said was that I had the ability, not that I would necessarily upload.
And if I did, upload, the files would only stay up till users had got them, on the other hand if users started shairing my uploads about and said crashmaster uploaded the files and I got them, pritty soon that could open up all cans of hell.
And while in the early days before things got tightened I'd have no issues, being fined or going to jail just to help someone out is a bit steep.
If by next year  or heck next june we don't get a responce I'll ask, while I could do this I am trying to be legal here and its against forum guidelines to even do this.
Sorry guys but I have a bit of a reputation to have here, and no its not the best, its not the worst, but I'd prefur not to mangle myself totally.

2017-09-23 01:33:28

So. Do you know any other places to buy Smuggler's 5 other than Gog and Steem? Neither sight is very accessable.