2017-08-26 03:37:24

I am looking for the full version of Smuggler's 5, since it seems to be no longer sold by it's developer, or atleast, the third party that all their buy links are set up to send you to.
If someone would tell me where I can get my hands on a coppy, that would be greatly Apreasheated.

2017-08-26 09:28:56

I don't know what you mean about the full version not being available anymore, you can buy it here directly from Niels baumer games.

Links to buy all their games, including smugglers 5 invasion and  cessession and all of the addons not to mention the smuglers bundle with everything are on this page

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-08-26 13:18:01

Hi,
I am also not sure, but if you have been brave enough to try Steam it may be available on there as well. Steam's a weird one, it's usable but NVDA has been having some DPI issues with the app lately, unless people have switched to the web and mobile interfaces, because as of a while back you can now install gaemes with those interfaces. Trouble is... for new users, there's no audio captcha to get an account going, ug.

2017-08-26 19:30:37

I just checked, and it still says that the product is unavailable. My 1 try with steem kind of messed some stuff up, so I would rather not have to go on it, if I can help it.

2017-08-26 19:58:12

Everything looks fine, tell you try to buy something, or atleast, Smugglers 5 invasion, and Smugglers 5, then it says that the product number is no longer valid, because the product is no longer sold.
I even called the Micro shop people, and they told me the product is no longer sold by them.

2017-08-26 20:13:36

I just visited the developers site, and everything appears to be working properly, including buying their games.

They use BMT Micro to process their orders and collect payments. Depending on what country you are in, there may be limitations on where BMT Micro can operate, which means you might have to contact the developer to make other arrangements for buying their games.

2017-08-26 20:46:23

Did you try buying it?
I try to buy it, put in all my payment infermation, and the product number and stuff, then when I click submit secure order, it gives me "This product number is invalid, because this product is no longer sold. Or, something along that line.

2017-08-26 21:07:16

No, I'm not interested enough if any of their games to go that far.

That being the case, my best recommendation is to contact the developer and explain the problem you are having and ask how to get the full version.

2017-08-26 21:15:36

I hope this works. It is a good game, and I would like to get the full version of it.

2017-08-26 22:28:36

I hope it works for you too. Let us know what happens.

2017-08-27 08:37:06

Hmmm, it sounds like the seller is running into trouble.
nielsbauer are very good at responding to emails, so I would suggest contacting them about that, since manifestly they should be selling their own games and certainly their page lists links to buy the smugglers games without need to mess around with the stupidities of Steam.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-08-27 08:39:22

The smuggler games are also sold on gogs.com if steam is an issue,which it is big_smile
See if that works for you.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-08-27 23:00:04

Does anyone know how to use steem? I can't seem to do it reliably. I will check out Gogs, but it seems rather complacated, from when I glanced at it.
I got the game on Steem, but now the app is not working correctly, or I do not know how to use it.

2017-08-27 23:27:43

As far as I know, Steam itself is a nightmare to use if you are visually impaired. Last I heard, to use it, you have to use NVDA along with an add on, plus you have to apply a set of modifications to the Steam client itself, to make it accessible.

And when Valve updates the client, you have to reapply the modifications because the update removes them.

To me, that's a lot of work that should be unnecessary just to use the thing, plus I don't like the restriction to working with only one screen reader, that's not what I'd call accessible.

Finally, nine times out of ten, back before I lost my vision and used Steam, the client itself was the cause of most game problems. Get a version of the game without Steam and the problems disappeared.

2017-08-27 23:42:27

So? What am I supposed to use. It's this, or something called GOG.

2017-08-28 00:05:35 (edited by Orko 2017-08-28 00:09:05)

Or contact the developer to find out what is really going on. It's possible that he's decided to drop BMT Micro in favor of Steam and GOG but hasn't updated his web site yet, or there may be a problem with BMT Micro he's unaware of.

Either way, if you'd rather not use Steam or GOG, then contacting them is your only real option.

In my previous messege, I was just voicing my opinions of Steam and why I won't use it.

I've never used GOG, so I have no opinions about them.

2017-08-28 00:41:08

I got the steem app, and without some reworking with OTR, it's not going to work without someone sighted, which will not work either.

2017-08-28 01:35:15 (edited by Orko 2017-08-28 01:36:05)

There are people on these forums that have gotten Steam working and somewhat accessible. If you want to use Steam, hopefully one of them will stop into this thread and help you get it working. Failing that, you might want to create a new topic to get help with Steam so this thread can stay focused on Smugglers 5. I'm sorry I can't help you more.

2017-08-28 04:04:30

Lets try this gog.com thing, see if it works.
Also, which game do you think is better, Smugglers 5, or Smugglers5 Invasion?

2017-08-28 15:44:47

O gawd! I'm the last person you should ask that as I've never played nor had any interest in either game. However, if it's any indication, 6 members have listed Secessio as one of their favorite games, while Invasion only has 2.

2017-09-04 21:11:22

Well. Gog.com is a pane. All the dam Captchas, and half the time you can't find an edit box to write the numbers down in.
Only 2 places that the game was still sold were Steem, and Gog.com. It is on Gog.com, just is a matter of getting at it, which is rather dificult, and frustrating at the moment.

2017-09-05 22:55:07

I wish the Develuper would just have done a buy page, cut out the middle person, and no doubt, asaved the money he was paying to the middle person. I wish Gog.com did not have so many dam Capchas. Especialy considering that for the most part, they don't do anything anymore, since people can program robots to get around the capthcas.

2017-09-06 01:55:33

Post 14. What are you even talking about?  No addon is required to use steam, nor does the one change you make to the desktop icon get removed on Steam update.  I use steam all the time. Add -no-dwrite and you're fine. Then launch it from the desktop to have that parameter active.

2017-09-06 05:02:20

Steam isn't all that bad. You can do most things like purchasing games through the website, which is perfectly accessible. The only thing you need the client for is downloading the game, and that just requires the use of the free nvda ocr plugin, then just use screen nav and focus the mouse with nvda left mouse button (or keyboard equivalent) and double click with mouse or keyboard equivalent. Then it will just install on its own. There's a steam guide somewhere in the articles room that explains what to do pretty well.

Also if you get it on steam now there's a super great neils bauer games bundle that gives you all the smugglers 5 dlc, including invasion, for $9.

Hope it works out for you, and that you get to enjoy the rest of the game.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-09-06 07:59:07

You don't even need the OCR plugin anymore since NVDA now has it built-in.