2017-08-23 18:02:19 (edited by devinprater 2017-08-23 20:40:53)

Hi all. I'm moving back to iOS, with the purchase of an iPhone 7 around September fourth. Now, here, I want to explain why.
There are a few different kinds of computer users. Those who like to tinker with hardware and software, those who like to build their own hardware, software, or both, and those who love using computers, but not really into breaking them and fixing them, or making them from the ground up but still want to use the best out there, and those who treat computers as just another tool, sure, useful sometimes, but nothing more than a curious tool.
Those who like to tinker and play aroun with computers probably love Windows. Its customizability is key. They may also love Linux, but that's more for the next set.
Those who love building love Linux and Linux alone. They want everything laid bare for their inspection. They often hang out together, slamming anything that isn't Linux or even the tools in Linux they themselves use.
The users love Apple. They're beautiful, functional, and moderately customizable. Apple is also very accessible, meaning that even a blind person can use Apple products.
Those who really don't care usually just get the least expensive of these options. Windows is least expensive and most userfriendly out of that and Linux, so Windows it is, and nothing more.
Now, I've gone through most of these phases. I started out not caring much, then going through a sort of zealous Mac and iPhone phase. Then, getting a taste of Unix, I tried Linux. Now, I'm back with Apple. Why? Because of Android's cobbled together accessibility, of course. In the beginning, there was the command line, of course. Some people can't bring themselves out of that linear way of thought. Emacs is a minor extension of that command line, still a single-task environment. The developer of Emacspeak, and extension to make Emacs an audio desktop, still works on that today. In the early days of andoid, hardware keyboards ruled the input area, so the developer constructed a basic screen reader, and a set of apps to work with it to replace the stock, inaccessible apps. Now, Android is beginning the process of setting itself free, an ironic situation considering that Android, and Linux both, are open source. Both suffer from inaccessibility to a degree. No operating system is perfect, of course. Voiceover has its little bugs, and Narrator isn't fully developed yet, but they both are far ahead of Talkback and Orca.
Voiceover, though, has never had many walls to absruct its path. It now has Handwriting input, Braille screen input, and in iOS 11, OCR capabilities, something Talkback and Orca do not have, and haven't even begun construction on having.
I've gone through most stages of computing, and have always come back to the simplicity and feature set of Apple. Windows is growing, so Apple and Microsoft are heating up in battle, but Google and its army of Linux distributions haven't even made it to the battle field yet.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-08-23 19:16:46

@devinprater
Looks like your post got cut off by that stupid bug

2017-08-23 20:41:14

Updated. Thanks.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-08-23 21:25:18

Devin, I'm very glad you came to choose Apple again after trying all that can possibly be tried on the technology that is available today on the market. I like Apple because, not only are its devices fully accessible, meaning that you can set them up yourself on all stages, use a wide number of applications that cannot be used comfortably on other operating systems, and never have the need to seek sighted assistance for anything on your computer, phone or iPad. Apple is also well constructed, and by this I mean simple to use, considerably bug-free, and consistently stable. Surely, it is restricted in many areas but you can accomplish the same tasks you carry out on Android or Windows. Since the very first day when I got my iPhone, and up to this day that I'm using it, it has never crashed for any reason. On Windows, for example, applications crash for no apparent reason, and aside from crashing themselves and subsequently becoming unusable, they also crash the whole Windows environment, and you are unable to use your computer until you forcepower it off. Also, at times, some areas of Windows won't work as they should normally do. For example, my Windows machine sometimes turns on in 45 seconds, sometimes in 1 minute and 30 seconds. Android is better at this stage as when, for example, an application crashes, you just press the homebutton and the hastle with your device stops. You just need then to close the applications and start it again. However, Android has the habit of collecting junk memory which leads to your phone being slow. Not only it becomes a slow device, but the battery as a consequence drains significantly more quickly. However, on the iOS, I do not experience this problem. It is smooth, stable, and with significantly less bugs than the afore mentioned operating systems.

2017-08-23 21:41:36

Oh boy! Here we go again, yet another pointless Apple is better than everybody else thread.

Why don't you Apple fan boys take it over to AppleVis? They'll love you over there.

I almost got kicked off of there because I wanted to discuss an Apple product, but because iTunes for Windows didn't run on an Apple product, it wasn't allowed.

That's Apple for you, closed to anyone and everyone that doesn't have their logo on them somewhere.

2017-08-24 01:38:06

Hi,

My thoughts.
1. Android and apple fanbases alike are just as bad as each other. I've seen unix lovers and windows lovers go at each other with such ferocity that the discussion eventually devolves into your mom jokes. Honestly, this stigma and immaturity needs to stop.
2. Android accessibility isn't as cobbled together as you might think. Lets remember that android was and is designed to be the customized OS both for the user and the pro. As such, we have soft braille keyboard, multiple screen reading options, and a few other nice things to hand that we can't necessarily get on IOS. I'm not saying its the be all, end all of solutions, but its not designed to be simplistic or easy to use.
3. Linux is not android and vice versa. Don't lump them together. Talkback usage is far, far better than orca.
4. I actually use an apple device. I used android for 2 years. I really, really enjoyed it. It became my primary device. Is apple a little better to have as a primary device right now? Actually...No. I find I get the same level of productivity out of my iPhone than I did with my android device.

Conclusion: Do what makes you happy, but don't start telling me apple is better than unix and unix is terrible, etc. The argument just doesn't stand up.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2017-08-24 01:50:25

I actually just switched from an iPhone 6s to a galaxy s8, and am really enjoying it. Now that I've worked out some issues I was having with soft braille keyboard, I find myself being, as the last poster said, just as productive. I am disappointed at the selection of games available, and with the lack of accessibility in one of the apps on which I watch movies and TV, But other than those minor things I enjoy android very much.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2017-08-24 02:20:50

I definitely second what Kyle said. Just about the only common relationship between Android and Linux is that they both us versions of the Linux kernel. Beyond that, there isn't enough that is alike in the two operating systems to call them anything but different in their own way. As for ios not collecting caches, let's remember that ios too is guilty of that. Does it collect as much? Perhaps, perhaps not. But Android has a direct way to clear the caches that is very straight forward. Settings, about phone/tablet, tap the build number 7 times, go back, got o developer options, turn on usb debugging. Connect your device to your computer, assuming you have adb installed, open a commandline terminal, and then:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot wipe cache
and, for good measure, let's also:
fastboot wipe dalvic
fastboot reboot
Voila! You will now be rebooted within seconds, hopefully with an improved speed boost  since your cache partition is cleared. You should make it a regular habit to clear your caches from time to time. Ios kinda has indirect easter-egg methods of doing it, but no direct way. It's not impossible, however, so find a method that works for you and get in the habit of using it. And Android accessibility isn't cobbled. Is it perfect? Far from it, but neither is ios, windows, linux, mac, chrome os, the former firefox os, blackberry, risk os, ms dos, ok I'll stop. Lol! But you get my point. Has Android accessibility gone through leaps and bounds? Yes! Apple? Also yes. Has Apple gone downhill in some software versions? Yes, a few. Has Google? Yes, in Android 5.0, fixed later in 6.0, and I feel it's at its peak with 7.0 Nougat and the up and coming 8.0 Oreo. Remember, Google started off requiring a navigation control such as a trackball or arrow keys. Ice Cream Sandwich came out a year and a half later and impressed us with explore by touch, and really it's only gotten better from here. And plus, talkback is open source, something voiceover will never be. But that's ok, because Voiceover is pretty solid as it stands. Not sure how many people would use this on mobile, but you know what both screenreaders are lacking? Scripting support. Spiel had scripting when it was around.

2017-08-24 08:20:40

Hi.
I don't have much experience with Android yet, but my biggest complaint is the Braille support really sucks compared to IOS. The iPhones are the most stable phones I ever have had, and I don't know if Android and Talkback is that much stable as well.
My biggest confusion with Android is that there are so many choices. That makes me having lots of difficulty on getting started.
So, yeah. I think that very much depends on the user and what you need it for.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-24 10:05:19

@Devin, I'm glad you posted this here as well. I firs tsaw this on my Facebook page and I commented on it. I'm the kind of person who wants to work with tools that are readily available to host a web server, database server, and PHP so I can install wordPress without having to do a lot of tinkering. I went with Windows, but a lot of people act like using Windows Server is a crime, and that using remote desktop is not a good solution. I'm not sure how to learn command lines, or if I even want to, since I have grown up using graphical user interfaces. I have used Android, and I only use it for what I need it to do. I don't play around with the source code. As a matter of fact, I have an Amazon Fire Tablet that I could hack into and make it work with Android apps, since it was only built using the Android source code.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-24 16:21:21

I would like to point out to all you apple users and lovers that Apple has a nasty habit of locking users into what 'they' want and only what 'they' want. Unlike Android, which is always open to everyone, you have to jailbreak your phone or apple device (which is getting harder and harder) to unlock those features that apple just 'doesn't' want you to see. Stop trying to force Apple on us because you think Apples a fucking god who can do know wrong. Methinks yall apple lovers should start a religion: "Apple created the world, Apple is god!" Come on, seriously... get out of your fan-boxes and see what Apple has become: a company who is desperate for money, profit, and control over everyone and everything. Even if Microsoft is heading in that direction, at least they still provide you full control over your computer. Well, most of it, anyway...
Linux is not just for those who like to build things and inspect everything. It's for those who want control over their own damn lives, without another corporations interference. It's for those who enjoy the freedom and power a computer really has. You apple lovers may think that Apple is the "end all and fix all" solution, but there are most certainly apps that utterly fail to work properly on iOS or MacOS X, or fail to work properly with Voice Over. (TextRangler/TextMate is a very good example of this.)
Don't act like Apple is infallible because they meat all 'your' particular needs. Because -- hate to break it to you -- they don't. At least with Android if a bug crops up that no one else is going to fix, someone who's not apart of Google can fix it. With apple, it's a damn wait-and-see thing, because Apple, as I said, wants full control over everyone -- including their developers. (Look at the Apple AppStore submission guidelines for a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good example of that... at least Google is far more fair in that respect.)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-08-24 16:42:33

Hi.
Two things
at Orco, seriously? Someone stated why he switched back to a system that he is more capable of working with and you already take on that apple fanboys and apple is the best atitude to use that against him? Damb, that's some close minded thinking from your point.
So, now for the second one.
I had been using windows all my life now and started using phones in 2011 and started with the iPhone 4. I always used iPhones, last year, I made atempts with my fathers HtC one M7 and liked it actually. I than tried my hands at a test, I banned my iPhone one week from using and got a cheap galaxy s7 edge.
Well, I pulled through that week, but it was quite hard. The way how you change navigation settings is good in voice assistant, but not in talkback. The screen reader lags quite much, I am used to the on point announcement of voice over, even though the S7 had an exynos 8890 as a SOC, it still felt laggy.
Also, web browsing was tedious, due to the reasons mensioned above.
I switched back to my iPhone and solt the galaxy.
For a mobile laptop which I could carry around, I bought an MacBook Air 13 in Jun and I like it very much. Linux is something I need to try out.
so, I can't yet switch from iOs to androit, and if anyone thinks I am an apple fanboy, well, I don't give a flying shit in that regard.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-24 16:54:12

Ahoy there,

I think the people calling out apple fanboys, bla bla, what you will need to take a chil pil and read the topic again.
Nobody is saying apple is just right and the rest is shit, or apple can't or does not go wrong, however facts are facts, that accessiblity of Apple products at least IOS anyway, is leaps beyond anything else out there. The rest maybe catching up,but Apple is also moving on in that regard,so a lot of catching up to do,imo.
@Ethin, this is the first I am hereing of Google or android being a NGO out there to earn just goodwill and screw the cash,who cares about profit anyway? good to know.

Personally I have used all but Linux out of the OS's mentioned in this topic, and if I had to choose, in fact I had to actually choose wink and I picked IOS and windows as the most comfortable fit for me and which allows me the greatest productivity out of all the OS's mentioned.

I'd actually agree with everything Afrin has said in his post,having experienced it all myself, and have had a IOS device, still do along with one android, and never had it hang up on me,or the like. works as smooth as anything.
I think all of us are aware that apple being apple ios is restrictive, more so than android,and when I say restrictive I mean not as open as android, and yes one feature that I miss in my IOS phone is sending songs and such via bluetooth,but besides that? not much.

I have never cared about what company was building and selling my devices, I just choose to use what works the best for me, like someone said, I use the device,don't let the device  use me. tongue
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-08-24 18:31:06

One good thing about Apple's promise for gaining profit is that you can actually invest in their stocks and hopefully increase your income as well, but that's a story for another day. If we can get all corporations to simply act humain, everyone would be required to perform civic virtue. All profits must be equally shared to help others continue making accessibility improvements. And as people might say, we are a minority, like it or not, we have to get used to the fact that we might not always get what we want or need when it comes to accommodations.
I can sort of see this pattern in the comparison between JAWS and NVDA. I heard that Microsoft's feedback hub is allowing users to submit ideas about making Narrator, more accessible with all apps, and pretty soon you won't even need to worry about JAWS or NVDA. Users and vocational rehab agencies won't have to pay thousands of dollars for one screen reader.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-24 20:07:54

I don't really mind if you call it Fanboyism or Apple Addiction, but I do find Apple working better than any operating system I've tried. In the Smartphone world, I started with Android which gave me the biggest disappointment as I couldn't really use my phone as others did. I won't go over the same words I have said again because it becomes tiring for you to hear me, but I won't choose an operating system which requires you to be a blind expert and a highly regardid experimentalist. Why do I say this? I say this because on Android, as a blind person you have to experiment so much to find what's best for you. Install hundrids of applications to find one that works, and replace most of Android's environment with software which doesn't fail to get along well with Talkback. This is the process of experimentation. You say that Android offers you more choices, but you forget that the more choices you have, the less reliant you'll be on one. As an example, on Android you have two screen readers, each with its own good and bad features, whereas on iOS you have only one, which means that you'll rely on that single one. While on Android you have two screen readers. You will switch often between them, because a feature which is found on Talkback isn't found on ShinePlus and vice-versa. These are the reasons we stick to Apple, not that we love the beauty of its logo. I think you are being more arrogant than the fanboys of both sides.

2017-08-24 20:12:54 (edited by Ethin 2017-08-24 20:24:52)

Well, if you want to stick with macs, just beware that you won't be able to use Linux on them. Sure, maybe on the earlier models Linux might work here and there, but if you want Linux to even work close to reliably on macs, go ahead and go all the way back to the old 2007/2008 macs and forget about your 2013s. As for the latest, forget it. Apple has done it again - controlled everyone, as I've said before -- and now Linux doesn't even boot on the latest hardware they have. Oh! Also, let me not also forget to add that none of apples computers (except the really old ones) are user-serviceable! So, if your warranty expires, or your computer gets damaged, too bad -- time to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars to get it fixed!
@15, it certainly is not arrogant that we have more choices than apple offers you. More choices is actually good. If every person on the planet used apple devices then Apple would quite literally own the entire computing industry. The same applies here with Android -- we don't want one particular vendor to own an entire industry of products.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-08-24 20:57:41

Hi.
At ethin well, I than take my old windows laptop and turn it into a linux machine, bam, done.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-24 21:32:45

@17 not all of us have "old Windows laptops."

My Github

2017-08-24 22:50:12

Well I have friends on both sides.
Android devices can be a lot cheaper than apple units.
The issue is that once you buy into an echosystem you are stuck with it, ie I am unsure how you can convert your data from apple to android, itunes will accept everything going back into it however.
There are contacts apps for the rest, and apps for both systems exist so in that respect there is no issues.
Android systems can be vastly cheaper than apple due to the opensource nature and you can even access those android
device via usb debugging.
Apple does lock a user into what they want.
At the same time you don't have all those interface issues that you can with android and without needing to get different keyboards and launchers, etc.
On the subject of windows, to the poster who complained about it, yeah I agree with you but microsoft controls a lot of the space, it has to compete in smartphones but there are a lot more windows apps than there are mac and linux though ms and others are waying into just about every market app wize where and whenever they can.
And further more if I started again, I'd probably be on a mac or linux right now.
A few friends say that desktops are dynosaws and the ultrabook is the way to go.
I still like offline storage, all those security issues aside.
I have had power cuts either due to failiers or planned shutdowns.
ANd I can tell you your cloud data that you rely on is no good if you don't have the net.
I feel for those with 128gb or less there are units with 16-32gb those boxes rely on the cloud for apps and data, and with ms accounts computer login.
This means you are totally locked out without making another account or a reformat to get your system to even boot.
Thankfully ms has given users most bar a few features like data, and settings sync which can be got around with other solutions and finding your computer online and stuff like that however the apps accounts give you apps access without locking out your system.
It all depends what you spend on something, most blind games are windows based so you need windows at some point.
As for linux, I have no planns to really use it as a primary os.
However I did some certificate training at uni in it and enjoy it.
My eventual goal is to get a windows 10 laptop and convert this old 7 eventually into linux that won't be till win7 dropps out of support.
Even then with all the issue I have with some 32 bit apps I am half thinking of installing windows xp or a 32 bit os on this box and using it for gaming and media playback.
Then again, my next box will probably be gaming grade and will then have hardwre vertualisation I hope and then I can start running vms of other oses on vmware player then it won'
't matter that much.
If I can convert this old tosh to linux with a desktop distribution like arch sonar or mate or something,  and if I can get used to it, have a good media player even if I need winamp and wine in there that may be it.
Its either that or just get and install xp, run all the old 32 bit software including the software for my phone and really old games and that will be that, its just I want to use my system as it was supposed to and not let it lie in the dust.

2017-08-25 02:29:36 (edited by jack 2017-08-25 06:05:28)

Excellent points Sean, and that, folks, is the reason why having multiple systems is a good idea. Look. If you want the best of both worlds, yet still swear up and down by ios, get an iphone, and then a cheapo android phone or tablet - there are many semi-decent ones out there. Sure, they won't be a completely smooth experience speed-wise, but what can I say? You get what you pay for. Not all the time, but in this case you do. I, for one, am in proud possession of a nexus6p, and even though not everyone can get even that phone, it sure as hell is cheaper than most iPhones today, and you get a lot more for your money in my opinion. As for the controlling of the ecosystem that is entirely true for ios. You must remember though that Apple's target audience isn't the geeks among us that are used to having devices we can use and pick apart as we please. Their design is simple, it just works. Well, it may not work all the time, but they want it to just work, to the point where anyone can pick up an iPhone or maybe even a mac, and use it with not much technological literacy needed on their part. AS such, their marketing pitch obviously does require them to cut off access to the so-called scary aspects of the operating system. Am I in line with their marketing pitch? No, not entirely. But I realize I can't expect them to at the same time, make it entirely geek-friendly. That's not to say Apple isn't all bad either. I still use and love my mac, although Ethin is right, if you're to use Bootcamp, you're forced to use windows 10, take it or leave it. In regard to installing Linux, possible? Yes. Easy? not really Supported? Definitely no. Full-proof? Not even maybe. Not even sure if this works on the macbook pro 2016, for those who have that. Logically I don't see why it wouldn't, but you never know. And talking of Linux, Ulices @Green Gables Fan: I can't speak to what others have said, but I, for one, don't have anything against you personally for using windows server. Why would I, anyway? If there's anything to be against, it's windows server. The only reason is that there simply is not much of a need for windows server, and it really isn't worth the ridiculous licensing fees. Windows server vs Linux is not another case of one is better than the other because of this and this and that. There are actual, solid facts to back me up here. Vps's have to pull strings and cut every corner to get the licensing fees down to anything reasonable for windows server. And even so, a gui takes up memory, memory which you could really be allocating to your server, which is why you'd be doing yourself a huge favor by taking the time to learn Linux. You grew up on gui's? Well guess what, I spent the better part of my computer usage on gui's as well. Did I freak when I saw commandline? No. I'm not saying you did, but there comes a point where you just gotta take the time to step out of your comfort zone and get to know it. Linux is one of those operating systems that really teaches you how to use a computer.

2017-08-25 06:38:09 (edited by jack 2017-08-25 06:41:14)

I'd also like to point out that I don't see anything close-minded about Orco's post. He is right, in a way.

devinprater wrote:

I've gone through most stages of computing, and have always come back to the simplicity and feature set of Apple. Windows is growing, so Apple and Microsoft are heating up in battle, but Google and its army of Linux distributions haven't even made it to the battle field yet.

You are right about Windows catching up. As much as I may have degraded the accessibility in windows in the past, I will say, to be completely fair, that it really has improved significantly. But about Google and Linux not even entering the battlefield? I'm sorry, but think again pal. Orco wasn't being close-minded because, call it what you will, but that statement came across as nothing short of a direct takedown of Android accessibility. Linux, maybe, after all accessibility in that set of operating systems may be stagnant as it currently stands. Android? Ok maybe a year or two ago that would've been a true statement, but now I very much disagree. You'd have to have seen Android through all its major versions, through android accessibility's infancy to where it is in Android 8.0 Oreo now, to know that it has made leaps and bounds. I've heard Android 1.6 Doughnut in action, 2.3 Gingerbread, used Ice Cream Sandwich and above, and I've seen it all. The strengths, the downfalls, the improvements of every major version, a fair few of the beta builds, you name it. Did Google start where Apple did in ios3? No. Are they right up there with Apple and Microsoft? In some ways, maybe not in others. But have they entered the battlefield as a worthy competitor? Contrary to Devin's statement, they most certainly have. A lot more people have come to the realization that Android accessibility is no fly by night parlor trick, not that it ever was, but that it really can be a worthy competitor in the field. Regardless, that statement didn't really help your cause. I wouldn't say you've gone completely one-sided, but it's pretty close.

2017-08-25 07:04:35

I'd like to say, for Green Gables sake, that a command-line interface is certainly no joking matter. But it also should never -- and I do mean never -- be something you fear. Keep in mind that all of the computers we've ever made are just tools. They do what we tell them to do. It's the way we use them -- what we tell them to do -- that gives certain ways of computing bad reputations. But as Jack has said, if your going to run a server, you best learn how to use a command-line interface. It honestly isn't very difficult -- it's almost like your having a conversation with your computer. In fact, that's what most technicians imagine it as being: a conversation between two different things. You can ask the computer to provide you data, the computer can ask you to provide it data, both (or either) of you can refuse to cooperate... that's all it really is. It's hard to adjust to, I know. But you will find that the command-line interface, while seeming like an innocent, harmless little thing, is far, far more powerful than any GUI-only computer user can imagine. In fact, the command-line interface is definitely the most powerful interface that a computer has ever had. The interface is so powerful that Linux GUIs use it as a backend -- you just don't realize it. Hell, the windows GUI is just a front-end to the command-line interface (albeit a very restricted one). You might even find that you do things far faster on the command-line interface than you would in a graphical one. You can activate windows on the command-line, for instance, with one command, short, fast and quick:

slmgr /ipk <product key> && slmgr /ato

Or you can get a hell of a lot of information about your license (output is from my computer):

slmgr /dlv

Output:

Software licensing service version: 10.0.15063.0

Name: Windows(R), Core edition

Description: Windows(R) Operating System, RETAIL channel

Activation ID: <output omitted>

Application ID: <output omitted>

Extended PID: <output omitted>

Product Key Channel: Retail

Installation ID: <output omitted>

Use License URL: https://activation-v2.sls.microsoft.com … ion=Retail

Validation URL: https://validation-v2.sls.microsoft.com … slwga.asmx

Partial Product Key: HT9QV

License Status: Licensed

Remaining Windows rearm count: 1001

Remaining SKU rearm count: 1001

Trusted time: 8/25/2017 12:01:05 AM

And that is just a drop in the bucket compared to all the other commands out there.

My Github

2017-08-25 07:55:41

So, some people already start to bitch about Apple and other restrictions. Not everyone are geeks, and not everyone are able to experiment like you need to do on Android to get things to work. So, to all you who are Android fans: Where do I find more information on how to navigate the standard mail app? I assume I can do everything which I can do on IOS, simply because some people are saying it works that great and IOS and Apple just sucks. I would like to hear how you manage to get Braille to work as fluently as in IOS, because you just can't. So please give some more information on how things works, or stop bitching about other companies, just because you don't like them.
Regarding Linux on a Mac, well, I have just booted Linux up on my Macbook Air 2014. Just saying. If you really hate Apple that much, why are you even waisting your time mentioning what's bad about their products? I could waist a half hour saying what sucks about Android, but I have better things to do in my life.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-25 18:56:51

I will be honest. I do have an Android, but I also have an iPhone 6S. As both Android and iPhone user, I think that iOS uses me more than I want, because I have to depend on iTunes synch for transfering files back and forth, or jailbreak if I want to remove this limitation. I hate it really, because nothing is easier than copy-paste method, nothing! Second, you are limited to their pre-installed TTS engines. Why I shouldn't use e.g. ESpeak or Eloquence on an iPhone if I like it? Come on, Apple! Don't tell me what's best for me, because I know very well what's best for me as an adult person. Third, why I shouldn't use a Micro SD card? OK it's not a big deal if memory is at least 32-GB, but anyway, come on! And last, from a developer standpoint, for me as a developer it's much cheeper to develope apps for Android, because for iOS I have to buy a Mac, and pay 99 dollars a year to be an iOS developer. For Google, I pay 25 dollars and develope apps forever, on both Windows and Linux, not Mac only. I don't hate Apple, they're awesome for what they are doing for accessibility, but I just hate their policy which is something that even sighted people don't like.

2017-08-25 23:06:46

Slj, what you want is the aosp email app for a more streamlined experience. Hell, I still use the standard, vanilla messaging app from android open source project. As for braille support, I don't know about everyone else, but I never said the braille support was good. Usable? Yeah, definitely. Solid? Nope. Grade 2 support? That's coming. About time is all I can say.